When I went to a gun range a few weeks ago, I wanted to try a CZ 75 or derivative to try out what shooting double action/single action was like, as well as because I’ve seen a number of vids that speak to its reliability and accuracy while being cheaper than a Beretta 92FS. But the only DA/SA models they had was the Beretta.

In case you missed my post in in the other thread of Druff going to the range, here’s a vid I put together showing the highlights, with a lot of the fail I experienced in loading and unloading the gun edited out.

But what got me super interested in trying a CZ 75 was that it was the basis for a very cool 2018 model by CZ, the Shadow 2, that is apparently almost as accurate and as fast as much more expensive custom Model 2011s. The higher grip relative to the bore axis, the super smooth trigger, and lighter weight of the slide are said to what makes this gun a relative breeze to shoot well with.

I’m going home for a week early next month and and hoping that I can find a gun range there to check it out.