Thread: Congrats to Druff

Load Metric

Congrats to Druff

And his Dodgers for finally ending that 33 year streak of frustration. Well played.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Been a long long time

Name:  89F3E282-4A22-43F6-8633-150C019A16C7.png
Views: 268
Size:  113.9 KB

Load Metric
    Dodgers and Biden win in the same week. Can PFA survive this?

Load Metric
    illegitimate season

doesn't count

Comments

TheXFactor: Yep. The Lakers need to return their trophy too.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Dodgers and Biden win in the same week. Can PFA survive this?
    Not worried the second one isn’t happening. You think everybody was shocked in 2016 wait till the earthquake happens Tuesday.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    How much egg is on Sanlmar's face regarding his bashing of Urias?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by big dick View Post
    illegitimate season

doesn't count
    How is that Cubs "dynasty" working out?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Dodgers have only 4 players players hitting free agency in the offseason:

- Justin Turner

- Justin Turner's COVID

- Joc Pederson

- Kike Hernandez

None of these three are essential to the Dodgers' future. Turner is almost 36, and starting to slow down a bit. If he's unlucky enough to get permanent lung damage from this COVID, that might put an end to his career anyway.

Pederson and Hernandez are bench guys who are semi-regulars at most.

They will have to decide about Seager when he hits free agency a year from now. Bellinger comes a year after that.

Anyway, this team should dominate for a long time, especially if Lux, Gonsolin, and Urias improve with age.

Load Metric
    how is turner slowing down he was fucking lights out on defense i get that you want to spend money on a dude named kike

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by lol wow View Post
    how is turner slowing down he was fucking lights out on defense i get that you want to spend money on a dude named kike
    Too low hanging of fruit for the Kike joke.

Turner made some smart/highlight plays, but during the season he was uncharacteristically error prone, and seems to have lost some of his power.

And he will age 5 months (and suffer whatever COVID does to him) before he plays again. Definitely will be of use in MLB in 2021, and the Dodgers will probably bring him back for the leadership qualities alone, but he's probably getting less $, and won't be as good as he was in previous years.

Load Metric
    im gonna have to disagree with you on the kike joke i felt like you served up a meatball

Load Metric
    Couldn't be happier for you and Ben Druff. Enjoy it. It's the last thing your side is going to be winning for a while.

Comments

big dick: LOL

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    It is kinda LOL that I spent all that Jew gold for all these years attending playoff games, and they finally win it in a year where I couldn't go to any.

At least they went 10-1 in the playoff games I attended in 2010, including winning both World Series games. But whatever. Happy they finally did it.

I wonder how Kenley Jansen feels. He got his one shot to close, it was an epic disaster, and they finished off the other games with Treinen and Urias. And this was after Urias had pitched the last 3 innings to clinch the NLCS.

Gotta feel kinda empty that he's getting a ring, yet the sole time he was allowed in his designated role, he failed.

Joc probably gets some extra $ in free agency, due to the continuation of the rep that he hits in October.

Friedman comes away looking like a genius for the Mookie trade/signing. Now no matter what happens with that huge contract, he can truthfully say that the Dodgers likely don't win 2020 without him.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    It is kinda LOL that I spent all that Jew gold for all these years attending playoff games, and they finally win it in a year where I couldn't go to any.

At least they went 10-1 in the playoff games I attended in 2010, including winning both World Series games. But whatever. Happy they finally did it.

I wonder how Kenley Jansen feels. He got his one shot to close, it was an epic disaster, and they finished off the other games with Treinen and Urias. And this was after Urias had pitched the last 3 innings to clinch the NLCS.

Gotta feel kinda empty that he's getting a ring, yet the sole time he was allowed in his designated role, he failed.

Joc probably gets some extra $ in free agency, due to the continuation of the rep that he hits in October.

Friedman comes away looking like a genius for the Mookie trade/signing. Now no matter what happens with that huge contract, he can truthfully say that the Dodgers likely don't win 2020 without him.
    Couldn't be happier for you and Ben Druff. Enjoy it. It's the last thing your side is going to be winning for a while.

Comments

Walter Sobchak: that's my line

Load Metric
    Druff, I recall you mentioning in one of the radio shows how you almost didn’t want the Dodgers to win the World Series this year because the COVID-lockdown-shortened season. So, I’m wondering if you feel any less satisfied because of that? Or did perhaps the Dodgers’ comeback against the Braves to win the NLCS erase/mitigate such feelings?
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    Druff, I recall you mentioning in one of the radio shows how you almost didn’t want the Dodgers to win the World Series this year because the COVID-lockdown-shortened season. So, I’m wondering if you feel any less satisfied because of that? Or did perhaps the Dodgers’ comeback against the Braves to win the NLCS erase/mitigate such feelings?
    No, I'm satisfied with it. I got into this season more than expected, and here's the reasons I give the Dodgers credit for the full win:

1) They had the best record in baseball, which almost surely wasn't a fluke. Had there been 162 games, they would have still finished with an excellent record -- likely over 100 wins, perhaps even over 110.

2) They had an EXTRA round of playoffs to get through! Yes, the first was against under-.500 Milwaukee, but it was a harrowing 3 GAME SERIES!

3) The other 3 series were against good teams. The Padres and Braves were the best other two NL teams. The World Series was against the team with the best AL record. So these weren't cheap series wins against failteams.

I would have felt worse about it if the Dodgers squeaked in with a .500 record and won it all, or if they faced crappy teams which just got lucky in prior series. As it turns out, they faced the three best records they could have possibly opposed in the final 3 rounds.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Super!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    No, I'm satisfied with it. I got into this season more than expected, and here's the reasons I give the Dodgers credit for the full win:

1) They had the best record in baseball, which almost surely wasn't a fluke. Had there been 162 games, they would have still finished with an excellent record -- likely over 100 wins, perhaps even over 110.

2) They had an EXTRA round of playoffs to get through! Yes, the first was against under-.500 Milwaukee, but it was a harrowing 3 GAME SERIES!

3) The other 3 series were against good teams. The Padres and Braves were the best other two NL teams. The World Series was against the team with the best AL record. So these weren't cheap series wins against failteams.

I would have felt worse about it if the Dodgers squeaked in with a .500 record and won it all, or if they faced crappy teams which just got lucky in prior series. As it turns out, they faced the three best records they could have possibly opposed in the final 3 rounds.

Druff, did you and Benjamin happen to join other Dodgers fans for the impromptu celebratory festivities in downtown LA last night?

Name:  85E9136F-0E48-4393-96A7-68C656EE8C4A.jpeg
Views: 142
Size:  325.6 KB

https://cdllife.com/2020/truck-swarm...rifying-video/
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Congrats on the win Dodgers fans. Asterisk titles are better than none.

Think it's fair to count this one after the Astros cheated you all in 2017.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric

Ya, Mookie is pretty good. He’s one of those players like Rickey Henderson, Jackie Robinson or Pete Rose. He gets in the other teams’ head, gets on base, and causes all kinds of havoc. They’re always in the middle of a rally.
    Last edited by Jayjami; 10-28-2020 at 09:30 AM.

Thread Information