Thread: Bran Hastings latest in long line of shady poker pros to quit poker due to it being "unhealthy"

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Bran Hastings latest in long line of shady poker pros to quit poker due to it being "unhealthy"

First we had Haseeb Qureshi, veteran of countless online poker scandals, quitting professional poker and claiming to give away his money to charity.

Then we had Prahlad Friedman, hypocritical limousine liberal who knowingly promoted the UB cheating/scam poker site AFTER the scandal, quitting poker to become a record producer.

Now we have Brian Hastings, infamous high stakes multi-accounter, quitting poker because it is unhealthy and depresses him.

He may not be fully quitting, but at least he's "moving on from poker as a full time job", and has started a new company called "UniTea". UniTea is a tea company he created. He claims it is going to "start with one retail store and grow". Good luck with that one. Right now, all it seems to have is a Twitter account: https://twitter.com/uniteaFL

His mostly self-pitying blog describes his ups and downs in poker, and seems rife with a lot of excuse-making for his various missteps.

Most interestingly, he reveals that several times during his poker career, even when successful, he became depressed and retreated from wherever he was living back to his parents' house in Pennsylvania.

He also revealed that he lost 70% of his bankroll from 2012-2014, partially due to his bad investment in DFS site "Draft Day", which has since closed its doors.

Oddly, his Twitter right now is filled with lots of tweets complaining that he keeps getting "shut out" of six-handed live poker games in Hollywood, Florida. He currently lives in that area.

He also recently tweeted this:

Seriously.

This is amazing, considering that's EXACTLY what he was doing as a multi-accounter. If you're not aware of what happened, Hastings bought the account from a known high-stakes fish on Stars, got all kinds of action from people thinking they were playing the "fish", and cleaned up.

He also wrote an odd blog comparing his multi-accounting scandal to Hillary Clinton's e-mail scandal.

It honestly seems like this guy has no ability to be introspective, but thinks he does.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    He also revealed that he lost 70% of his bankroll from 2012-2014, partially due to his bad investment in DFS site "Draft Day", which has since closed its doors.
    draftday is still operating...obviously they are nowhere as big as DK and FD...wondering how he lost money in that...I think that caby and all those guys sold the company...

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Oh, I thought it was gone.

I imagine that DraftDay spent too much money advertising and it didn't convert.

They even wasted $500/month on Donkdown for some time.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    It was always fun to make fun of him on twitter, dudes a fucking total clown lol . . .

Bronze
    Load Metric
    I remember when he was on PAD one week when they ran PLO I'm not sure he played NL or not on that show but it was the same as all of these internet kids...couldn't carry on a conversation without sounding completely retarded...no loss Hastings the poker world is better off without you and take the rest of your scumbag Whiney friends with you please

Comments

big dick: adios motherfucker

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by lvpkr1009 View Post
    I remember when he was on PAD one week when they ran PLO I'm not sure he played NL or not on that show but it was the same as all of these internet kids...couldn't carry on a conversation without sounding completely retarded...no loss Hastings the poker world is better off without you and take the rest of your scumbag Whiney friends with you please
    He trashed Donald Trump for months and said he was terrified of him winning. Was he worried that Trump was going to send his black girlfriend to the cotton fields? And then he said he wanted to go long gold, short the dollar and short stocks. Complete opposite happened. No wonder the kid went broke!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    So he posts that blog about quitting poker and mentioned cashing out of sites serving Americans then posts this on twitter today?

Platinum
    Load Metric
    lol 'tomato patch'...holy fuck...yeah he's really "retired" from poker...

that username has been on ACR a ton playing 75/150 O8 recently...

Christ cant this fuck stop lying for like a day...

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post
    So he posts that blog about quitting poker and mentioned cashing out of sites serving Americans then posts this on twitter today?

Is it me or does that milk chocolate bunny in the background look a little manly??

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryback_feed_me_more View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post

Is it me or does that milk chocolate bunny in the background look a little manly??
    There is no way that Brian's small white cock is going to satisfy a creature like that.

Silver
    Load Metric
    This dude redefines sanctimonious

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by snake_in_the_ass View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lvpkr1009 View Post
    He trashed Donald Trump for months and said he was terrified of him winning. Was he worried that Trump was going to send his black girlfriend to the cotton fields? And then he said he wanted to go long gold, short the dollar and short stocks. Complete opposite happened. No wonder the kid went broke!

this post is so funny and then the blog about emails compared to hillary -
    I read his girl as being a grifter. she has a bad ass body, seen them at the rio but her body language wasn't saying true love imo

Thread Information