Thread: Druff, how come you aren’t screaming from the rooftop about Facebook’s admitted political bias?

Load Metric

Druff, how come you aren’t screaming from the rooftop about Facebook’s admitted political bias?

Oh, wait. Facebook has been intentionally suppressing leftwing media on its platform. Never mind.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    It’s not just Facebook it is all mainstream media. We gonna get them Nov. 3rd.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by splitthis View Post
    It’s not just Facebook it is all mainstream media. We gonna get them Nov. 3rd.
    You mean after Joe Biden wins in a landslide?

Trump is finished.

This election is going to have the highest voter turnout in 112 years which spells certain doom for Republicans.

The Democratic Party will be in control for decades.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Facebook suppressed the NY Post story about Hunter, claiming it was "eligible for fact checking".

Not that they fact checked it false -- that they hadn't fact checked it yet, so they were preemptively suppressing it!

And it turned out to very likely be true, by the way.

That tells you all you need to know.

/thread

Load Metric
    Facebook suppressed the NY Post story about Hunter, claiming it was "eligible for fact checking".

Not that they fact checked it false -- that they hadn't fact checked it yet, so they were preemptively suppressing it!

/thread
    Because that story was a complete fabrication that even the reporter who wrote it wouldn’t include his byline on.

Oh, and both The Wall Street Journal and Fox News, as well as the Republican-led Senate, Homeland Security, and the FBI, cleared Biden and his son of any political self-dealing in dealings with Ukraine.

Name:  D2934CF3-E927-49A9-AAA9-113C3BFD9F00.jpeg
Views: 261
Size:  181.1 KB

P.S. It’s kinda sad, Druff, that you have devolved into having doubts about the veracity of news reporting by both the Wall Street Journal and Fox News. Seriously, man. Consider checking yourself in to a rehab center before it’s too late.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    why arent we getting more stories about you caring for teenage runaways at truck stops

Comments

Sanlmar: 434 ft from home plate @ 111mph

Load Metric
    also on amazon i think or one of the billion apps i have on my tv leave no trace they end up at a truck stop to bring this full circle is fucking incredible just ben foster and this kid actor giving a tour de force

Load Metric
    it has a 100 on rotten tomatoes but its not that good

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Mumbles, you are delusional.

Nobody is denying those e-mails are real. There are receipts for the laptop being seized by the FBI.

If this were fabricated, Biden's people would be screaming from the mountaintops that those e-mails aren't authentic, and challenging Republicans to prove it.

Instead, radio silence.

But... just to get you on record here, Mumbles:

Do you support social media sites suppressing links to news stories in longtime major publications?

Load Metric

Nobody is denying those e-mails are real. There are receipts for the laptop being seized by the FBI.

If this were fabricated, Biden's people would be screaming from the mountaintops that those e-mails aren't authentic, and challenging Republicans to prove it.

Instead, radio silence.

Do you support social media sites suppressing links to news stories in longtime major publications?
    Druff, I am not doubting that the emails are fake; I’m doubting the WAY Team Trump *obtained* the ones reportedly from a laptop Hunter left for repairs. Because that bullshit story provides cover for how they actually obtained them, such as possibly with help from Russian hackers.

Also, the emails don’t amount to squat with respect to Joe Biden doing anything remotely corrupt. Even the ones not sourced from that “laptop repair shop” only show Hunter dropping his father’s name to try to impress potential partners/clients, but nothing indicating that his father was involved in those dealings, nevermind that they occurred AFTER Joe Biden left office at the end of Obama’s second term.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vox...ony-bobulinski

Seriously, man. Stop smoking that Trumpish scandal-crack that far-right media sites are peddling to those desparate to continuing rationalizing their support for Trump in the wake of how much he is damaging the country, as well as destroying the brand of the Republican Party. You’re just digging yourself in deeper as having reputation for succumbing to Trumpism.

Load Metric

/thread
    I'm surprised and a little deflated at how gullible you have become when it comes to obvious bullshit so long as it helps your preferred candidate. I would expect this from a lot of people but not from you. I don't think this even helps Trump but that's beside the point.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post

Instead, radio silence.

Druff, I am not doubting that the emails are fake; I’m doubting the WAY Team Trump *obtained* the ones reportedly from a laptop Hunter left for repairs. Because that bullshit story provides cover for how they actually obtained them, such as possibly with help from Russian hackers.

Also, the emails don’t amount to squat with respect to Joe Biden doing anything remotely corrupt. Even the ones not sourced from that “laptop repair shop” only show Hunter dropping his father’s name to try to impress potential partners/clients, but nothing indicating that his father was involved in those dealings, nevermind that they occurred AFTER Joe Biden left office at the end of Obama’s second term.

Seriously, man. Stop smoking that Trumpish scandal-crack that far-right media sites are peddling to those desparate to continuing rationalizing their support for Trump in the wake of how much he is damaging the country, as well as destroying the brand of the Republican Party. You’re just digging yourself in deeper as having reputation for succumbing to Trumpism.
    I don't see any evidence that the laptop thing was fabricated. I've heard conspiracy theories, but that's it.

But let's say that the laptop story was invented, and in reality the e-mails were obtained a different way. Who cares? As long as they are authentic, I don't care if they came from a laptop, the Russians, or the E-mail Fairy.

The point of the NY Post article wasn't a laptop story. It was the story of the information found about Hunter Biden. Thus, this shouldn't have been suppressed, and the information contained in the article was accurate.

So again, should Facebook and Twitter be suppressing the sharing of stories they don't like from major US publications? Because that happened, and you seem okay with it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post

I don't see any evidence that the laptop thing was fabricated. I've heard conspiracy theories, but that's it.

But let's say that the laptop story was invented, and in reality the e-mails were obtained a different way. Who cares? As long as they are authentic, I don't care if they came from a laptop, the Russians, or the E-mail Fairy.

The point of the NY Post article wasn't a laptop story. It was the story of the information found about Hunter Biden. Thus, this shouldn't have been suppressed, and the information contained in the article was accurate.

So again, should Facebook and Twitter be suppressing the sharing of stories they don't like from major US publications? Because that happened, and you seem okay with it.
    I never said that this. I said that I am okay with them doing so with stories that they legitimately believe are fabrications.

But now that I think about it more, I agree with them doing fact-checking instead of not actual suppression, as TYT has argued in its criticism of how Twitter handled this matter, which they mention in this recent report about GOP senator Mike Lee falsely claiming that fact-checking is censorship.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I don't know why I always fall for Mumbles' Young Turks videos, where I play them believing that, for the first time ever, I'll come upon something interesting and insightful.

I always find myself really annoyed and shutting it off within 3-5 minutes. And it happened again.

Anyway, Mumbles, I know you are on a "fact checking" kick, and that would be great if fact checking were always reliable and unbiased.

Unfortunately, it's often not. It is insane that you think platforms should allow "fact checkers" (with no established credentials for being fair/unbiased) to determine what is labeled as truth or fake news. Not quite as bad as outright censorship, but still pretty bad.

When Ben Shapiro says something, you know he's right-biased, and can take it with a grain of salt.

When a supposedly neutral "fact checker" says something, people believe it, except for the few who realize that fact-checking can be quite biased.

For example, this Hunter Biden story should NOT have failed a fact check. Even if elements of it might be questionable (such as how the information came to be obtained), the information itself seems likely to be real. However, I'm pretty sure that the "fact checkers" would have found some way to call it fake news or unreliable.

And what about news regarding Antifa being involved in the Portland violence? I'm sure plenty of biased fact checkers would find a way to label that "false", as well.

We still have many on the left who believe that Snopes is an unbiased fact checker.

Why do we need this fact-checking nonsense? The users of social media can fact check on their own, and state their own opinions, as they always do.

We don't need Twitter holding our hands and telling us what to believe or not believe. I'm pretty shocked that you don't see how the concept of "fact checking" can be badly abused if those fact checkers are biased to one side or the other.

Would you like it if right-biased "fact checkers" were the ones putting out those labels? I doubt it.

Comments

MumblesBadly: The continuous flood of lies Trump and his allies has feed the American people through social media has been unprecedented in American history, and dwarfs anything coming from Trump’s political opponents and you very well know this!

Load Metric
    The laptop story is 100% true and it’s how the FBI obtained the laptop.

What isn’t true is that Rudy obtained the information from the store. It’s obvious that someone inside the FBI made a copy because Wray sat and hid the information from the President, and then gave it to Rudy.

Load Metric
    No, it is 100% not true.
    Remember hydroxychloroquine & PizzaGate? You get your news from systematic liars, I don't.

ABrown, you are nothing but a consumer of propaganda, and like druff, these 4 years have ruined your credibility.
    Like I would never have thought of you two as liars before. But this comment (100%?) and druff's Christy Teigen thread, I have no problem calling you two liars, now.
    (not my problem you two CONTINUE to get news from people who have lied to you over and over)

At least guys like you know where you'd have sat if you were in Germany in the 1930's, & it would NOT be the jews side you'd be taking.
    'Yeah that sucks about the jews, but look the economy & they cut my taxes'

How a fake persona laid the groundwork for a Hunter Biden conspiracy deluge

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncn...mpression=true

One month before a purported leak of files from Hunter Biden's laptop, a fake "intelligence" document about him went viral on the right-wing internet, asserting an elaborate conspiracy theory involving former Vice President Joe Biden's son and business in China.

The author of the document, a self-identified Swiss security analyst named Martin Aspen, is a fabricated identity, according to analysis by disinformation researchers, who also concluded that Aspen's profile picture was created with an artificial intelligence face generator.

Quote Originally Posted by abrown83 View Post

What isn’t true is that Rudy obtained the information from the store. It’s obvious that someone inside the FBI made a copy because Wray sat and hid the information from the President, and then gave it to Rudy.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Tough but true

Cerveza Fria: Fake News
    San Francisco crowned the ‘world’s best’ city to live: survey
    https://www.kron4.com/news/bay-area/...o-live-survey/

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyG_415 View Post
    No, it is 100% not true.
    Remember hydroxychloroquine & PizzaGate? You get your news from systematic liars, I don't.

ABrown, you are nothing but a consumer of propaganda, and like druff, these 4 years have ruined your credibility.
    Like I would never have thought of you two as liars before. But this comment (100%?) and druff's Christy Teigen thread, I have no problem calling you two liars, now.
    (not my problem you two CONTINUE to get news from people who have lied to you over and over)

At least guys like you know where you'd have sat if you were in Germany in the 1930's, & it would NOT be the jews side you'd be taking.

One month before a purported leak of files from Hunter Biden's laptop, a fake "intelligence" document about him went viral on the right-wing internet, asserting an elaborate conspiracy theory involving former Vice President Joe Biden's son and business in China.

The author of the document, a self-identified Swiss security analyst named Martin Aspen, is a fabricated identity, according to analysis by disinformation researchers, who also concluded that Aspen's profile picture was created with an artificial intelligence face generator.

Name:  tZfh0sy.gif
Views: 117
Size:  731.5 KB

Gold
    Load Metric
    No, it is 100% not true.

Name:  960x0.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  40.1 KB

Comments

dwai: ROFL

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BiffCo99 View Post
    No, it is 100% not true.

Name:  960x0.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  40.1 KB

Thread Information