Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 28 of 28

Thread: Quick heads up - the new Borat movie is on Amazon Prime right now (it was originally sceduled to be released tomorrow the 23rd)

  1. #21
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    5559
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    38,562
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Texter View Post
    Halfway through....yikes taking the gross out road a bit much.
    Honestly, I hate gross-out comedy. It can be funny when done with subtlety (Aunt Edna shrugging and eating the sandwich anyway in "Vacation", upon hearing that the dog pissed on it, is a good example.) However, most filmmakers, especially in the past 30 years or so, don't understand the subtlety required for gross-out humor to be funny, and they usually go the opposite direction. It's no coincidence that some of the worst-reviewed "comedy" films rely heavily upon gross-out comedy.

    Being gross for the sake of being gross or shocking isn't funny.

    I haven't seen the movie yet, so I can't comment about this one, but this comment of yours makes me want to watch it even less.

  2. #22
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    5559
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    38,562
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by donkdowndonedied View Post
    A bit of a letdown. I am not sure he wouldn't have been pulled along further but it was also likely best moment. In fact, she might have untucked his shirt as she was fiddling with him - knowing he would have to tuck it back in. For a clever guy planning a movie, thats 101 type stuff. (like that phrase btw)
    Yeah, super-jerky editing is obviously hiding a ton.

    Nice to see you're being objective here, despite your leftist political leanings. Some morons on this forum are still bending over backwards to insist he was jerking off.

  3. #23
    He's being a creep but clearly tucking his shirt in there.

  4. #24
    Diamond Walter Sobchak's Avatar
    Reputation
    718
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Bowling Alley
    Posts
    5,454
    SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

    PRESIDENT-ELECT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR.

  5. #25
    NoFraud Poker Room Manager Belly Buster's Avatar
    Reputation
    1181
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    England
    Posts
    3,371
    Guy gets a pass but the story is the clever marketing.

    "We can't show you the scene, but go see the movie and judge for yourself".
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    "So, yeah. I'm definitely a total fucking retard".
    Quote Originally Posted by Gene Hunt
    NoFraud Online Poker Room: http://nofraud.pokerfraudalert.com:8087. For password resets and reload requests PM me.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by donkdowndonedied View Post
    A bit of a letdown. I am not sure he wouldn't have been pulled along further but it was also likely best moment. In fact, she might have untucked his shirt as she was fiddling with him - knowing he would have to tuck it back in. For a clever guy planning a movie, thats 101 type stuff. (like that phrase btw)
    Yeah, super-jerky editing is obviously hiding a ton.

    Nice to see you're being objective here, despite your leftist political leanings. Some morons on this forum are still bending over backwards to insist he was jerking off.
    I just pointed this out because I haven't seen the point made. It is my ego.

    It is also a testament to the world class trolling done by Baron Cohen.

    I think it is funny to just be dumb and accuse Rudy too. I'd be very tempted to take that angle elsewhere. Rudy deserves it at this point.

  7. #27
    Gold Kuntmissioner's Avatar
    Reputation
    342
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Savin Hill
    Posts
    1,173
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by donkdowndonedied View Post
    A bit of a letdown. I am not sure he wouldn't have been pulled along further but it was also likely best moment. In fact, she might have untucked his shirt as she was fiddling with him - knowing he would have to tuck it back in. For a clever guy planning a movie, thats 101 type stuff. (like that phrase btw)
    Yeah, super-jerky editing is obviously hiding a ton.

    Nice to see you're being objective here, despite your leftist political leanings. Some morons on this forum are still bending over backwards to insist he was jerking off.
    Are the morons bending over backwards in another thread?

    Seems uniform in this thread, Rudy got played but wasnt jerking off.

     
    Comments
      
      MumblesBadly: Druff takes his own spin on what people write to cast them in the worst light....if they are “libs”.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntmissioner View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

    Yeah, super-jerky editing is obviously hiding a ton.

    Nice to see you're being objective here, despite your leftist political leanings. Some morons on this forum are still bending over backwards to insist he was jerking off.
    Are the morons bending over backwards in another thread?

    Seems uniform in this thread, Rudy got played but wasnt jerking off.
    Just a convenient strawman. Fairly sure grand total of zero point zero posters on this site has said anything else.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 120
    Last Post: 11-14-2020, 05:59 AM
  2. Quick heads up, World War 3 is about to jump off in Turkey
    By sonatine in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 133
    Last Post: 10-23-2020, 08:38 AM
  3. Amazon Prime Video Thread
    By snake_in_the_ass in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-07-2017, 11:58 PM
  4. La China - Someone Buy The Movie Rights Quick
    By 4Dragons in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-30-2015, 08:03 PM
  5. Amazon Prime Air
    By rickastley in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 12-03-2013, 08:03 PM