Thread: Even though I want nothing to do with El Trumpo and his maskless covid-spreading anti-science hordes, this censorship of conservatives on college campuses has to stop.

Load Metric

Even though I want nothing to do with El Trumpo and his maskless covid-spreading anti-science hordes, this censorship of conservatives on college campuses has to stop.

Put on probation by a sorority for her political views? Really? Disgraceful.

How at odds with the idea of the university as a place for the free exchange of ideas is this? To be clear, this has nothing to do with the veracity of her views.

https://fox4kc.com/news/ku-student-p...l-media-posts/

Load Metric
    At issue is a social media post shared by Lauer from conservative pundit Candace Owens, who is African American, that claimed: “Black Lives Matter is an organization of white men, using the faces of dead Black people to raise millions of dollars toward electing White Democrats into positions of power.”

uh huh
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Name:  Screen Shot 2020-10-22 at 4.08.00 PM.png
Views: 242
Size:  995.9 KB

lmfao.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnCommode View Post

How at odds with the idea of the university as a place for the free exchange of ideas is this? To be clear, this has nothing to do with the veracity of her views.

It’s a fucking sorority, NOT the university! Hell! Some sororities probably put some members on probation for wearing the wrong outfit! Give it a rest!
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post

It’s a fucking sorority, NOT the university! Hell! Some sororities probably put some members on probation for wearing the wrong outfit! Give it a rest!
    We get it. Anything the orange gorilla tweets, uuge deal. Every other concern in the world, get over it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmarefish View Post

We get it. Anything the orange gorilla tweets, uuge deal. Every other concern in the world, get over it.
    Really, did Rump say anything about this? Your training wheels are off.
    Try to construct a sentence with any meaning. Go

Comments

nightmarefish: Right on time walks in the Canadian retard. Your reading comprehension is bottom bottom btw.

Load Metric
    The censorship came from her sorority, but I do agree with the notion of too many universities becoming an echo chamber for leftists.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    The censorship came from her sorority, but I do agree with the notion of too many universities becoming an echo chamber for leftists.
    It may be blown out of proportion these days (as is everything)
    but it has been this way forever.

Every kid and every parent goes through something similar.
    At a certain age you do not agree anymore.

It's a natural tendency and good luck trying to suppress that energy

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Name:  Screen Shot 2020-10-22 at 4.08.00 PM.png
Views: 242
Size:  995.9 KB

lmfao.
    I like that they have a Diversity and Inclusion director, yet there's not a single one of them that isn't lily white. There are hardly any of them that aren't blonde.

It's Kansas but surely there was someone not white, like maybe a scholarship athlete, they could have found and paid $20 to be in the picture?

Comments

MumblesBadly: Why would they want to join this Kansas chapter of Future Members of the Neo-Confederacy?

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric

Mumbles, I'm not much interested in the right to wear color uncoordinated clothing. I'll give up my free speech rants when you give up your left wing dogma. I stopped donating to my alma mater about 25 years ago over its treatment of controversial feminist Professor Christina Hoff Sommers who is still harassed even today when she speaks at universities. I won't be around, but if we continue to give in to free speech limitations, the political discussions of future generations will be little more than the exchange of politically correct banalities.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Mumbles, I'm not much interested in the right to wear color uncoordinated clothing. I'll give up my free speech rants when you give up your left wing dogma. I stopped donating to my alma mater about 25 years ago over its treatment of controversial feminist Professor Christina Hoff Sommers who is still harassed even today when she speaks at universities. I won't be around, but if we continue to give in to free speech limitations, the political discussions of future generations will be little more than the exchange of politically correct banalities.
    No matter what you have heard or whether you agree or disagree
    you must ensure you are not spreading a lie.
    In this case the rebroadcasting of another's opinion is doing just that.

Fact and opinion are not synonymous.

Until you prove the original author correct don't bother with it
    You have some work to do

Black Lives Matter. “Black Lives Matter is an organization of white men, using the faces of dead Black people to raise millions of dollars toward electing White Democrats into positions of power.”

That's a whopper. I wish you well proving it true

Things are different today. Take that statement to your city newspaper 40 years ago
    and you would have to provide some solid evidence as to your claim.

Now, no. Just throw it up. Someone else sees it and rebroadcasts it without fact checking. You see where it can lead
    Last edited by limitles; 10-22-2020 at 08:40 PM.

Load Metric

I completely agree that some universities have been badly infected with the Cancel Culture Virus and are suffering from Illiberal Speech Policy Syndrome, but this example of a *sorority* disciplining one of its members for an unacceptable social media post is milktoast weak, as it is NOT an club under direct control by a university official. If instead the athletic director of a school suspended a player on one of the school’s sports teams over such an action, that would definitely be an example worth mentioning and being outraged about.

Comments

Walter Sobchak: this
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Thread Information