https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...cist-911-calls

The Board of Supervisors voted Tuesday on the Caution Against Racial and Exploitative Non-Emergencies Act, also known as the Caren legislation. It’s a nod to a popular meme using the name “Karen” to describe an entitled white woman whose actions stem from her privilege, such as using police to target people of color.
The San Francisco legislation gives people the right to sue a 911 caller in civil court, and supporters hope it will make some think twice before turning to police. The discrimination need not be only racial; it can also be due to the person’s sex, age, religion, disability, gender identity, weight or height.

The legislation does not spell out the standards needed to sue but notes that qualifying calls are those that caused the person to feel harassed or embarrassed; damaged the person’s reputation or business prospects; or forced the person from an area where they had a lawful right to be.

So if you see someone in your neighborhood acting suspiciously, make sure they're white, male, not old, not Muslim, not disabled, and short, and not fat. Otherwise, see you in court!!

Unfortunately for me, even if I lived in SF, you could still call 911 on me without fear. Though perhaps I could claim that being Jewish was the reason you called 911 on me, and perhaps I could call fluffer in for expert testimony that I'm "obese". Still, might be a tough road for me.

However, believe me, if I were fat and black, I would be roaming expensive SF neighborhoods and trying to act as suspiciously as possible. Then I'd claim I was just walking for exercise at 2am, and felt embarrassed by the police response. BACK UP THAT MONEY TRUCK!

BTW, California already made "racist 911 calls" a criminal offense. This act adds a civil element to it.

Party of science and logic, y'all!