Thread: NFL OL Isaiah Wilson...Dumb kid or ultimate grifter?

Load Metric

NFL OL Isaiah Wilson...Dumb kid or ultimate grifter?

Summary if you aren't aware:

https://sports.yahoo.com/dolphins-re...151550394.html

Why I like that summary is that it mentions the Titans GM saying he was "not the same person the team drafted".

I checked spotrac, he earned $6.4 million cash last year, appeared in 1 game lol. With the off-field shit, he has nothing else guaranteed coming/owed to him. Still, a nice payday.

Now, my initial read is that he is just an idiot who is probably already broke. But it would be fascinating if he knew he had no desire to play football anymore, but with a great enough college career and hype, he acted out the part throughout the pre-draft process. It was much easier to do so last year (and this year) because of Covid. Put on nice clothes, give a good zoom interview, say all the cliche things.

Then he got his cash and said fuck it, no desire to actually try to play. Would be a pretty genius way to hit a quick score.

Comments

garrett: He's a party animal who gets drunk and does drugs and doesnt want to get help he told the Dolphins that too, he's not ready to quit..

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    i'm sure it has nothing to do with dedication and commitment and everything to do about racist coaches and upper level management.

damn racist white people

he really can't go wrong using that as his excuse.
    Last edited by mulva; 03-20-2021 at 02:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    Summary if you aren't aware:

https://sports.yahoo.com/dolphins-re...151550394.html

Why I like that summary is that it mentions the Titans GM saying he was "not the same person the team drafted".

I checked spotrac, he earned $6.4 million cash last year, appeared in 1 game lol. With the off-field shit, he has nothing else guaranteed coming/owed to him. Still, a nice payday.

Now, my initial read is that he is just an idiot who is probably already broke. But it would be fascinating if he knew he had no desire to play football anymore, but with a great enough college career and hype, he acted out the part throughout the pre-draft process. It was much easier to do so last year (and this year) because of Covid. Put on nice clothes, give a good zoom interview, say all the cliche things.

Then he got his cash and said fuck it, no desire to actually try to play. Would be a pretty genius way to hit a quick score.
    He was a Damn good Dawg. Not sure what the kid is thinking. Go Dawgs!!

Load Metric
    He is literally young and dumb...

For his whole life probably was one of the best in Football or his mind at least. Made it to the NFL now as a 1st Rd pick and he isn't ready to make any changes yet. He told the Dolphin's as much apparently, he isn't ready for help and they cut him from what I understand. He is drunk/partying just look at his insta and you'll see his weird recent antics and the Dolphins from what I understand reach out to get him help, and he told them he is not interested. And they now have cut him.

Eventually he'll get his shit together I think. More then likely some team will take a chance on him and I wouldn't rule out the possibility of him having some realization, and then wanting to get his shit together. That NFL salary is incomparable and as he gets older in life he will realize that I think and that may then straighten him out, or you hope..

Thread Information