Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sam Grizzle Donkdown?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    http://www.miraclecovers.com

"Donk down, that’s what you say to someone after they have lost 28K straight?" - Phil Hellmuth, online

Load Metric
    May his Memory be Eternal.

Load Metric
    I picked up some chatter that Grizzle had a stroke and an aneurysm and is in a coma with no chance for recovery. They are supposed to take him off of life support in the morning.

Load Metric
    Usually these true degens have some other gambling leak. All the degen stories I’m seeing, I don’t see any pits or sports betting tragedies. Was he simply a horrible poker player, or a winner at low stakes with no bankroll management who never learned and always jumped into a game big enough to break him? He sounds like he’d be first ballot railbird hall of fame.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    Usually these true degens have some other gambling leak. All the degen stories I’m seeing, I don’t see any pits or sports betting tragedies. Was he simply a horrible poker player, or a winner at low stakes with no bankroll management who never learned and always jumped into a game big enough to break him? He sounds like he’d be first ballot railbird hall of fame.
    Back in the day, poker was full of degens like him. That’s what made it fun. Now it’s a bunch of 20 somethings talking about “flop equity” or some other stupid shit. It’s no wonder I’m not passionate about poker any more.

Comments

4BET: Right on

Load Metric
    another gem, hope i have the details right here because i dont want to google for the original:

todd brunson is at bellagio iirc and theres a super lively high stakes game going with 3 wildly drunk middle eastern dudes just going ham with every two.

sam approaches todd and asks for a stake to sit with them but he owes someone else at todd's table money and he objects. sam explains that hes fucked, he has 10 days to cover his mortgage which is 6 months late, the electricity got turned off that day, his wife/kid are hungry, so on. todd has absolutely no doubt that every word of this is true, and does agree that sam would be a huge favorite in the game and convinces the guy objecting that the best way to get his money back would be to stake sam in the game. so they agree to go halves on a stake or some shit and sam would have like 1/3 profit equity, like if sam wins 10k he goes home with 3k or whatever.

so they give sam his rack and all 3 of them sit at the table. they play until midnight, sam ends up with about 36k profit when the middle easterners leave but agree to be back tomorrow at noon. so sam has 12k in his pocket which is enough to get his bills squared and buy into tomorrows game.

todd shows up the next day around 11 and sees an open seat with 3 hundred dollar chips in front of it. todd asks if its one of the middle easterners, and is told no; its sam, and he's been there all night..

sam lurches up to the table at that point and is so drunk he can barely speak. todd asks if thats all he has left of the 12k and sam roars out of course not, he has another thousand in his pocket, which is all he needs to destroy the table etc etc and 2 hands later sam is felted again.

sam finally leaves the table to go home, again broke and with no way to pay off his bills, and moments later the three middle easterners belly up to the table with full racks, each one of them more drunk than sam was.

and thats... the story.

to quote todd as best as i can recall.. "so sick. all he had to do was go home and go to sleep but he couldnt do it, the chips were burning a hole in his pocket. so fucking sick."
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Todd Brunson is god

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellafriend View Post
    Todd Brunson is god
    Ty for this. Chocolate ice cream....your thoughts?

Comments

nightmarefish: Canadian retard rep

Load Metric
    Just to correct some info. Per Mike Matusow, Grizzle didn’t pass till this evening. Just after 7:15 local time.

Name:  39EFFDED-4961-404F-A6F6-1612A7608562.png
Views: 401
Size:  864.0 KB

Load Metric
    Poker player Sam Grizzle, a longtime pro who sparred with star player Phil Hellmuth verbally and physically, died Tuesday, according to multiple reports. He was 67.

The cause was a massive stroke.
    Las Vegas Review Journal

A lot of old school poker players smoke and drink too much. Living in Las Vegas is unhealthy for most people.

Comments

splitthis: Looks 87

Platinum
    Load Metric
    his game selection was dogshit...

he binked something in the wsop this year...had to look it up, but he finished 3rd in a $600 event for $77k...probably had a fraction of himself...the next day he was bombing away at the 2/4 - 5/10 PLO8 games where he was a huge dog...he probably played and raised like 50% of hands when the game was 9 handed and was up to like 70-80% when the game got 3-4 handed...he was so easy to chop up because he would play so face up and loved to just bomb pot and bluff...he was fucking great action that im gonna miss...

Load Metric
    One minute before Sam had a stroke he was in a tournament on WSOP.com and was the chip leader. According to his daughter his last words he ever said was "Figures, I’m in the chip lead and this has to happen to me."

Comments

ftpjesus: Grizzle being grizzle till the end.
    TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayjami View Post
    Back in the day, poker was full of degens like him. That’s what made it fun. Now it’s a bunch of 20 somethings talking about “flop equity” or some other stupid shit. It’s no wonder I’m not passionate about poker any more.

Amen and very well said...

If this doesn't define poker in 2020 to a lot of people, id be surprised.

Load Metric
    "Bring back the scam artists" is the hot take we need!
    TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Banned
    Load Metric
    I think this is my new favorite Sam Grizzle story. It's not a typical one.

Click the date/timestamp to unroll.

Comments

sonatine: so fucking pure

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by PLOL View Post
    "Bring back the scam artists" is the hot take we need!
    They’re still around, just most of them are on line these days.

Thread Information