Thread: How about a Travel thread?

Silver
    Blog Entries
    Load Metric

How about a Travel thread?

I love to travel and sad to say I've seen very little of my own country. I have the East Coast rapped up from NYC to Miami. I'd really like to see some midwestern states maybe the Dakota's or even the west and see Utah. I know Druff has some secret locations in Utah.

Any suggestion of places and things to see would be great.

We are typically sun and ocean people but I'd like to experience some other regions. We do love to explore local resturants.

So far my most extreme travel was Bogota, Colombia.

Load Metric
    Duluth Minnesota is a pretty cool place to spend a few days relaxing. I highly reccomend going in October when the fall colors are at their brightest and the shipping season is still in full swing. There are plenty of hiking and biking paths, cool little shops and good restaurants all in the Canal Park area.

http://visitduluth.com/home.php

Name:  skyline_1110.jpg
Views: 405
Size:  28.6 KB
    "Let us be thankful for the fools. But for them the rest of us could not succeed. " -Mark Twain

twitter.com/jvferg72

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    May I offer a little constructive criticism. To each his own. You like purple I like green. The same goes for just about everything. Trip reports are great and should be welcomed but

I think it's better for someone to go where their interest takes them and then report back. Asking for advice on where to go and what to eat, drink, or fuck is putting your faith in

someone who's tastes and interests may be far different from your own.....I'm not against trip reports, just the opposite but I think experiencing shit firsthand is the way to go.

Preconceived expectations can be a bummer

Load Metric
    This is good. largest water park in europe, naturally heated. open in the winter lol.

Name:  tatralandia_unor_01.jpg
Views: 363
Size:  35.8 KB

Thanks to many hot mineral springs there can be found several famous baths and thermal swimming pools. Thermal swimming pool Bešeňová is one of the most important ones. It is filled with hot healing springs with the temperature of 60.5 centigrades. The water beneficially influences locomotive organs, expiratory organs, urological problems and has beneficial cosmetic effects. Another one is the Aquapark Tatralandia that lies north of the Liptovská Mara dam and is 2 km far from Liptovský Mikuláš. Thanks to hot thermal water it is open all year. At the moment Tatralandia offers 23 water slides, 4 of them are open all year. What is more there is an adrenaline rope centre.
    all hail Hydra

Originally Posted by DanDruff:Since I'm a 6'2" Republican with an average-sized nose and a last name which doesn't end with "stein", "man", or "berg", I can hide among the goyim and remain undetected unless I open my mouth about money matters.

Load Metric
    Jesus Christ limitles let people post what they want.

If you don't like the thread don't open it. Are you trying for 200 posts today? If so, congrats.

People like to hear ideas. Instead of going to the same trip to Florida every year. Let people talk about where they've been you nazi.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Only God can judge me. So either LOVE ME or LEAVE ME ALONE"

IG- Changethegame71 tell me more about how much you hate me, even though you know you can't help but follow me

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Fergie72 View Post
    Duluth Minnesota is a pretty cool place to spend a few days relaxing. I highly reccomend going in October when the fall colors are at their brightest and the shipping season is still in full swing. There are plenty of hiking and biking paths, cool little shops and good restaurants all in the Canal Park area.

woah, Fergie do you live close to Duluth? I was born there. Great city, would be better if it had more than 2 weeks of decent weather a year. Last time i ventured home though was the first week of October 2010 I think and it was amazing weather, picked the right week to go (or my buddy who was getting married picked the right time to get married I guess).

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Like most red bearded Scotsman I have a bucket list and visiting Duluth Minnesota is very near the top for a number of reasons.

I wish I knew what the reasons were or are but nevertheless I am drawn to within 2 or 3 thousand kilometeres of this place each year.

I get an annual email form the Duluth Chamber of Commerce and it looks like the "city without pity" will be breaking ground on a shiny new Walmart in the next 8 months.

Yeah baby!

Silver
    Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Thanks, looks cool.

Silver
    Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post
    May I offer a little constructive criticism. To each his own. You like purple I like green. The same goes for just about everything. Trip reports are great and should be welcomed but

I think it's better for someone to go where their interest takes them and then report back. Asking for advice on where to go and what to eat, drink, or fuck is putting your faith in

someone who's tastes and interests may be far different from your own.....I'm not against trip reports, just the opposite but I think experiencing shit firsthand is the way to go.

Preconceived expectations can be a bummer

WTF? I'm asking opinions on interesting travel to make an educated decision. Why wouldn't you want people to tell you places they liked. Why did you even respond???? Shit, why did I even repond?

Silver
    Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JUSTIFIEDhomicide View Post
    Jesus Christ limitles let people post what they want.

If you don't like the thread don't open it. Are you trying for 200 posts today? If so, congrats.

People like to hear ideas. Instead of going to the same trip to Florida every year. Let people talk about where they've been you nazi.
    Amen

Load Metric
    calm down les no need to shout it's the internetz

anyway

New Orleans for Mardi Gras
    L.A. - Venice Beach, Hollywood, Disney, Universal Studios ect.....
    San Diego
    Niagara Falls
    Quote Originally Posted by tony bagadonuts View Post

Look Corrigan, you've been a sideshow clown around here from the jump
    It's tough to take you seriously when you've made your bones acting the fool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post
    Which one is he?

Silver
    Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I'm starting to think about a cross country road trip. I'm assuming I'd probably need a month or more to do this.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post

woah, Fergie do you live close to Duluth? I was born there. Great city, would be better if it had more than 2 weeks of decent weather a year. Last time i ventured home though was the first week of October 2010 I think and it was amazing weather, picked the right week to go (or my buddy who was getting married picked the right time to get married I guess).
    I live in the south metro burbs of the twin cities, its about a two hour drive to Duluth.

I had only been there once when I was 12 for a baseball tourney untill last fall when the wife insisted we go somewhere other than Vegas for our anniversary. We stayed at the Canal Park Lodge in a corner suite that included a jacuzzi tub and a balcony. It was way nicer than I expected. By way of comparisson Id say it was about equal to a Rush tower corner suite at the Golden Nugget. With the great room, the beautiful scenery, the maritime museum and the shops, bars and restaurants we had a great weekend and plan to go back at least every other year.
    "Let us be thankful for the fools. But for them the rest of us could not succeed. " -Mark Twain

twitter.com/jvferg72

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Goodpoop View Post
    I'm starting to think about a cross country road trip. I'm assuming I'd probably need a month or more to do this.
    if you're starting from the east coast make sure you hit up tennessee. nashville, knoxville, and chattanooga are awesome places.

go down to tennessee, screw around. take route 40 across the bottom of the US and then hit route 80 back across.

also it's doable in 2 weeks if you have multiple drivers and aren't looking to spend too much time in different cities.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Name:  shunsukebeach.jpg
Views: 1254
Size:  106.7 KB

Cynthia and Marty Ackerman took this little guy to Hawaii

Thread Information