Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Official VP Debate Thread: Krazy Kamala vs Puritanical Pence

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayjami View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

That has been a concern, yes. Look at California where they banned guns with magazines over 10 rounds (lol). Then it was brought to court, and three situations were discussed -- two where women ran out of shots (after 10) and were killed by intruders, and one where a woman scared off 3 intruders in a firefight with them, where her 13th and 14th shots were what finally made them run off. That law was temporarily suspended.

But yeah, you can't give the left any concessions with gun control or they will parlay it into increasingly restrictive measures.
    Two points. If you’re firing off ten rounds in a closed environment, you’re more a a danger to yourself with that gun than the intruder. A conservative, literal reading of the second amendment would never prohibit a state from banning assault rifles.
    Not true. Once you start firing at the bad guys in your house, they assume their choices are to either run away or kill you. At that point, you want infinite rounds, no matter how closed the environment.

Mumbles is right, kinda (I can't believe I'm saying this). Limiting handguns to 10 rounds is just performative, and accomplishes nothing. They're attempting to lessen the number of rounds for spree killings, but what they don't understand is that the spree killer will prepare and bring several guns to do his murdering. So when handgun #1 runs out of ammo, he reaches into his bag and grabs #2, and tosses the first one aside. The homeowner with a single handgun is a different story. They're frantically trying to dial 911 with one hand while firing with the other. They aren't necessarily very good shots, especially with their nerves in this life-or-death situation.

More rake may not be better, but in a self defense situation with a handgun, more rounds are definitely better.

Load Metric
    Two points. If you’re firing off ten rounds in a closed environment, you’re more a a danger to yourself with that gun than the intruder. A conservative, literal reading of the second amendment would never prohibit a state from banning assault rifles.
    Not true. Once you start firing at the bad guys in your house, they assume their choices are to either run away or kill you. At that point, you want infinite rounds, no matter how closed the environment.

Mumbles is right, kinda (I can't believe I'm saying this). Limiting handguns to 10 rounds is just performative, and accomplishes nothing. They're attempting to lessen the number of rounds for spree killings, but what they don't understand is that the spree killer will prepare and bring several guns to do his murdering. So when handgun #1 runs out of ammo, he reaches into his bag and grabs #2, and tosses the first one aside. The homeowner with a single handgun is a different story. They're frantically trying to dial 911 with one hand while firing with the other. They aren't necessarily very good shots, especially with their nerves in this life-or-death situation.

More rake may not be better, but in a self defense situation with a handgun, more rounds are definitely better.
    Lol. So you’ve fired 10 shot in your own home, haven’t hit a goddamn thing. I guess shot 11 is going to do the trick. Did you even consider that one of those bullets might ricochet and hit you? How many hand guns do you own, and what training have you taken to use them properly? Dialing 911 while shooting? Both hands on the gun sir!

Comments

Sanlmar: Doing the lords work
    Last edited by Jayjami; 10-11-2020 at 05:51 AM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by nunbeater View Post

Yes it's horrible that they would even think of packing the supreme court, the same way that the, uh checks notes, Republicans are currently trying to pack the court. fucking disgusting
    No they're not.
    What exactly would you call ramming through a SC justice before the election then? And also what about the 2 or 300 federal right wing judges that Trump/McConnel have appointed during his term? Do you really want your life to be run by these religious whackos as a Jew? Or are you ready to accept Jesus fucking Christ into your heart and soul?

Load Metric
    only take away from debate. pence comes across as a vampire who is a quart low. dreaming of his next child victim.

only take away from thread. todger thinks riots are second most important issue in usa. what the fuck has happened to you man?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by cleatus View Post
    only take away from debate. pence comes across as a vampire who is a quart low. dreaming of his next child victim.

only take away from thread. todger thinks riots are second most important issue in usa. what the fuck has happened to you man?
    Druff has been infected with the Trumptard virus, which has severely distorted his view of political reality. His case isn’t as bad as most victims of it, but severe enough to dramaticly retard his perspective on political matters that might affect the viability of the Republicans continuing to control the White House come January.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric

Lol. So you’ve fired 10 shot in your own home, haven’t hit a goddamn thing. I guess shot 11 is going to do the trick. Did you even consider that one of those bullets might ricochet and hit you? How many hand guns do you own, and what training have you taken to use them properly? Dialing 911 while shooting? Both hands on the gun sir!
    now of course you know police miss more shots than they hit, and they are more trained than the average citizen https://www.politifact.com/factcheck...r-mark-gun-co/

cliffs: while there are no nationwide statistics for police shootings, there have been studies by various departments, and average is 30% hit/shot ratio (no stats on lethal hits to total hits)

qed: more rounds available the better
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GrenadaRoger View Post
    now of course you know police miss more shots than they hit, and they are more trained than the average citizen https://www.politifact.com/factcheck...r-mark-gun-co/

cliffs: while there are no nationwide statistics for police shootings, there have been studies by various departments, and average is 30% hit/shot ratio (no stats on lethal hits to total hits)

qed: more rounds available the better
    What are the "hit"numbers for point blank range situations and the target facing away?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Ideally, I would have already called 911 and could have both hands on the gun while fending off the criminals. It doesn't always work out that way.

There's always a risk when using a gun. Yes, the bullet could bounce and hit you. However, once you fire that first shot, you are signaling to the criminals in your home that you're trying to kill them. If they don't run, they are going to attempt to kill you before you can kill them. At that point, the risk of being shot dead by one of them is far higher than the risk of hurting yourself with your own gun.

More bullets is better.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Ideally, I would have already called 911 and could have both hands on the gun while fending off the criminals. It doesn't always work out that way.

There's always a risk when using a gun. Yes, the bullet could bounce and hit you. However, once you fire that first shot, you are signaling to the criminals in your home that you're trying to kill them. If they don't run, they are going to attempt to kill you before you can kill them. At that point, the risk of being shot dead by one of them is far higher than the risk of hurting yourself with your own gun.

More bullets is better.
    If you're so worried about home invasions where the culprits are on a killing spree or whatever
    just buy a Doberman. They'll let you know ahead of time (no alarm needed) and no thief wants to deal with the rest

How wrong could the German's be?

Load Metric

More bullets is better.
    More bullets better? Not without proper training. It’s like giving a chainsaw to a 5 year old.

If you want to scare an intruder, here is his nightmare scenario: He is in a dark unfamiliar environment and he hears the sound of pump action shotgun. It is unmistakable and absolutely terrifying. You still didn’t answer my question: how many handguns do you own and what kind of training have you had? If you think you’re out gunned lol, keep 2 clips in your nightstand.

Comments

Sanlmar:
    Last edited by Jayjami; 10-13-2020 at 06:50 AM.

Load Metric
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post
    Pence is a fucking moron.

The question was “When you and Trump lose the election are you going to leave the fucking White House?”

Kamala Harris response should have been “We will take the take the White House by force” Biden and Harris have the support of many Generals. Military tanks, armed drones, F-35 fighters jets and armed special forces will remove Donald Trump by force and take him to prison.

The Trump/Pence administration is almost over and the politicians who supported them now need to be punished.

People that argue that Trump won't leave office if he loses the election are the stupidest of the stupid. It's magnitudes of stupid. You have to take stupid and multiply it to the 29th power to get to that level of stupidity. Wise up.

Comments

PLOL: lol wow
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post

People that argue that Trump won't leave office if he loses the election are the stupidest of the stupid. It's magnitudes of stupid. You have to take stupid and multiply it to the 29th power to get to that level of stupidity. Wise up.

Lol, things that didn't age well.
    TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Rest In Peace
    Load Metric

"If you want to scare an intruder, here is his nightmare scenario: He is in a dark unfamiliar environment and he hears the sound of pump action shotgun. It is unmistakable and absolutely terrifying."

100%

Thread Information