Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    false.

the only good song sammy hagar made is this:

please correct your post.
    Please correct your post

back of the line please...

all hail Hydra

Originally Posted by DanDruff:Since I'm a 6'2" Republican with an average-sized nose and a last name which doesn't end with "stein", "man", or "berg", I can hide among the goyim and remain undetected unless I open my mouth about money matters.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Von Strucker View Post

bro, stay on topic, there's no Eddie or Red Rocker within a thousand miles of that song.

quick palate cleanse.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by RealTalk View Post
    Lol at the amount of effort that druff's friends have to exert trying to do an internet podcast without offending him.

Load Metric
    Thanks, Crowe and Bootsy, for getting us back on track...

Last edited by MumblesBadly; 10-10-2020 at 03:32 PM.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Check out this vid. It’s quite touching — (Choking back a tear or two) — Truly.

I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Excellent interview from a few years ago.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post

Please correct your post

Deep Purple is probably the most underrated band of all time. I saw Ritchie Blackmore’s Rainbow with Dio. I saw Sammy Hagar with VH, and solo many times before he joined the band. He toured constantly back then. I saw VH with Eddie in 1979. Eddie is the best, but Blackmore ain’t far behind. Sammy is a great guitarist, but not in their league.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayjami View Post

Deep Purple is probably the most underrated band of all time. I saw Ritchie Blackmore’s Rainbow with Dio. I saw Sammy Hagar with VH, and solo many times before he joined the band. He toured constantly back then. I saw VH with Eddie in 1979. Eddie is the best, but Blackmore ain’t far behind. Sammy is a great guitarist, but not in their league.
    Come on, man. Blackmore was an excellent rock guitarist, but Eddie Van Halen was a league above even the best who came before him, except perhaps Jimi Hendrix. EVH, right out of the gate with Van Halen’s debut album, revolutionize guitar shredding forever.

Last edited by MumblesBadly; 10-10-2020 at 12:02 PM.

Load Metric
    And of course, there was Van Halen bringing eternal peace to the Middle East...

Well, at least till the end of the concert.

Load Metric
    I lost my virginity to someone who looked like EVH. Gotta dig up the pic I have of him. He had a really small dick like pinky sized which I guess is a good thing for a virgin but after I thought is that all there is to this shit?

Comments

Walter Sobchak: such a cute story
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Van Halen Overrated? You can shut the fuck up. Good luck to black sabbath following this as your opener.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin Micunt View Post
    Van Halen Overrated? You can shut the fuck up. Good luck to black sabbath following this as your opener.
    One of the great things about Sabbath and Ozzy was that they were never afraid of bringing a sick opener, because they're f'n Black Sabbath. One of the best arena metal shows I ever saw was Deftones, Pantera, then Sabbath in the (fleetcenter? summit center?) new Boston Garden. (Deftones played to a mostly empty arena. They still crushed.) I was first row behind the boards, center ice.

I ignored any of the "not relevant" shit, because as long as rock music has guitars, or even pop music, VH is still relevant. The ones making the music know and reference it all the time, even the Van HAgar shit. Because its still Eddie and Alex, no matter who's singing.

Dimebag from Pantera was one of my favorite guitarists ever, and this story from right after his death is a great one. Eddie always claimed to never listen to the radio or CDs or anything that wasn;t his own, but he'd go see bands live, and he loved playing with whoever he could that was on his level, usually just for shits and giggles, because mostly VH didn't do side projects. Anyway...

In the days after the horror, Haney spoke with Paul about which guitar should be buried with Dime, who was to be lowered down in a Kiss Kasket, as per his wishes, donated by Kiss leaders Gene Simmons and Paul Stanley (who later did the same for Paul). At that point Van Halen called. “Dime [had been] ready to cut him a $30,000 check [the night they met] for one of his striped guitars,” Haney said, “but Eddie told him he’d do a special one for him. So I asked him if he’d stripe up a guitar for Darrell. He said, ‘One of the red, white and black ones?’ And I said, ‘No, Darrell always said that the yellow and black was your toughest guitar.’”

On the day of the funeral, Dec. 14, Van Halen arrived with an instrument – but it wasn’t a new one, it was the original one featured on the back of Van Halen II, dating from 1979. He told Haney, “An original should have an original.” But he couldn’t bring himself to view Dime’s body, explaining, “I can’t go in there… I want to remember him like he was that night I met him.” So Haney delivered the gift. Holding up the guitar, complete with rusted strings, Haney told her late lover, “See, baby? You didn’t get a replica – you got the one!” She kissed his forehead as she placed it in his casket.
    Name:  14c0a15d5b81575a8cac07df22b8cdd7.jpg
Views: 284
Size:  26.8 KB

Comments

gimmick:

nunbeater: damn son
    Last edited by Crowe Diddly; 10-10-2020 at 07:43 PM.

Load Metric
    After a week of reading about Van Halen after twenty years of forgetting they exist, my one takeaway is that that Michael Anthony has to be the classiest rock guy in the world. Dude was an original member, always getting dicked over, yet always took the high road and never made a single bitter statement. Always the high road.

Eddie sounded like he was fairly down to earth when sober and a real ass when not. Roth was just strange, but an interesting dude. Always struck me as possibly gay. Not solely gay as he slept with a million beautiful girls, but something about his flamboyance, idk. Not that I care. Seems the blood was bad enough it would have came out at some point if he was.

Michael Anthony though. What a nice guy.

Load Metric
    Eddie wasn't gay, he was shy Dutch.

Dave was a way better singer than he'll ever get credit for, he was wild and loose because he could be, not because he couldn't stay on a note, Michael Anthony was the only one who could sing background vocals in the band and was therefore a huge part of almost every song, and Alex was/is perhaps the most incredible drummer who only gets his due from other drummers because his brother was a GOD.

But Eddie influenced the influencers.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post
    One of the great things about Sabbath and Ozzy was that they were never afraid of bringing a sick opener, because they're f'n Black Sabbath. One of the best arena metal shows I ever saw was Deftones, Pantera, then Sabbath in the (fleetcenter? summit center?) new Boston Garden. (Deftones played to a mostly empty arena. They still crushed.) I was first row behind the boards, center ice.

I ignored any of the "not relevant" shit, because as long as rock music has guitars, or even pop music, VH is still relevant. The ones making the music know and reference it all the time, even the Van HAgar shit. Because its still Eddie and Alex, no matter who's singing.

Dimebag from Pantera was one of my favorite guitarists ever, and this story from right after his death is a great one. Eddie always claimed to never listen to the radio or CDs or anything that wasn;t his own, but he'd go see bands live, and he loved playing with whoever he could that was on his level, usually just for shits and giggles, because mostly VH didn't do side projects. Anyway...

In the days after the horror, Haney spoke with Paul about which guitar should be buried with Dime, who was to be lowered down in a Kiss Kasket, as per his wishes, donated by Kiss leaders Gene Simmons and Paul Stanley (who later did the same for Paul). At that point Van Halen called. “Dime [had been] ready to cut him a $30,000 check [the night they met] for one of his striped guitars,” Haney said, “but Eddie told him he’d do a special one for him. So I asked him if he’d stripe up a guitar for Darrell. He said, ‘One of the red, white and black ones?’ And I said, ‘No, Darrell always said that the yellow and black was your toughest guitar.’”

On the day of the funeral, Dec. 14, Van Halen arrived with an instrument – but it wasn’t a new one, it was the original one featured on the back of Van Halen II, dating from 1979. He told Haney, “An original should have an original.” But he couldn’t bring himself to view Dime’s body, explaining, “I can’t go in there… I want to remember him like he was that night I met him.” So Haney delivered the gift. Holding up the guitar, complete with rusted strings, Haney told her late lover, “See, baby? You didn’t get a replica – you got the one!” She kissed his forehead as she placed it in his casket.
    Name:  14c0a15d5b81575a8cac07df22b8cdd7.jpg
Views: 284
Size:  26.8 KB
    Fucking amazing story and I'm sorry I am out of green.

Comments

Crowe Diddly: No need for green, this post was about the yellow and black.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    First cmoney and now Eddie van Halen, fuck cancer.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    After a week of reading about Van Halen after twenty years of forgetting they exist, my one takeaway is that that Michael Anthony has to be the classiest rock guy in the world. Dude was an original member, always getting dicked over, yet always took the high road and never made a single bitter statement. Always the high road.

Eddie sounded like he was fairly down to earth when sober and a real ass when not. Roth was just strange, but an interesting dude. Always struck me as possibly gay. Not solely gay as he slept with a million beautiful girls, but something about his flamboyance, idk. Not that I care. Seems the blood was bad enough it would have came out at some point if he was.

I could absolutely buy the roth = sorta kinda gay but hetero for the vibes theory.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post

I could absolutely buy the roth = sorta kinda gay but hetero for the vibes theory.
    Yeah I just watched a lot of videos this week and viewed it through different eyes as an adult. Just watching him fluff his hair in videos and shit. I mean I doubt he’s gay and certainly don’t care, but today, you’d just assume this dude is gay, but that whole hair band era would have made you think that about a hundred guys. In retrospect, that juxtaposition of hyper masculine lyrics and metal mixed with eyeliner and hairspray is even more laughable today.

I recall arguing with my dad when I loved those bands in middle school and he’d try to turn me on to shit from the 60s and I’d say that stuff is gay. I credit him for not backhanding me across the room considering I was talking about how cool a bunch of dudes wearing mascara were.

Listened to Van Halen 1 though yesterday and damn if it still wasn’t good.

Load Metric
    People need to understand that Mark Anthony while an afterthought, did play a huge spot in the back up vocals. Yeah, he was a bass player so dime a dozen, but Eddie literally had no voice. I agree, Eddie wrote all the songs, but the band never could have survived without Roth and Hagar. It's a shame they never played with some combination at a Superbowl half-time show. I was never a fan of these guys, but still it would have been a great performance. Speaking of which why has Journey never played at the Superbowl either?

Comments

splitthis:

Thread Information