Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Midway Poker Tour Precious Metals Shadiness

Load Metric
    Update: At the very least the coins are real. I went to a reputable coin dealer and was offered $660 for the coins, so I got shorted about $340.

I saw some people claiming they got paid the difference on cashapp, but they're ignoring my emails and requests. I asked them for $300 (whatever I'll eat the $40), but I'm skeptical I'll get anything.

GG! Didn't sell all the coins because I kept some as a souvenir lol
    TRUMP 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    Just non-stop unrelenting LGBT propaganda being shoved down our throats.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    So we're back to everyone being shorted because the organizers either made a really bad deal to buy the coins, or they're lying about the money paid for them. Or both.

It's also possible this wasn't premeditated. For example, maybe he really wanted to do it totally legit and just give certificates to pick up the coins at a legit dealer, but then a decision was made to pay out the coins on the spot. Then perhaps an idea was had to BS about the value paid. Or perhaps whoever bought the coins was just a dumbass and got gouged, and the tour operator didn't want to eat the difference, so he bailed so he wouldn't have to hear complaints.

I think there's a good chance you never get paid, and that there will be a few token people "taken care of" so as to give the air of having it solved. Guess we will see.

Who bought the coins? The charity, or the tour operator? Or someone else?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    So we're back to everyone being shorted because the organizers either made a really bad deal to buy the coins, or they're lying about the money paid for them. Or both.

It's also possible this wasn't premeditated. For example, maybe he really wanted to do it totally legit and just give certificates to pick up the coins at a legit dealer, but then a decision was made to pay out the coins on the spot. Then perhaps an idea was had to BS about the value paid. Or perhaps whoever bought the coins was just a dumbass and got gouged, and the tour operator didn't want to eat the difference, so he bailed so he wouldn't have to hear complaints.

I think there's a good chance you never get paid, and that there will be a few token people "taken care of" so as to give the air of having it solved. Guess we will see.

Who bought the coins? The charity, or the tour operator? Or someone else?
    I agree that I probably won't be paid back. Especially now that the winners are demanding the difference. All 10 final tablest are in a group discussion and are in agreement that they need to be paid the difference or they're going to explore legal options. I think they paid back a few token people to look good and then stopped paying.

As far as the who bought the coins, you're supposed to be the detective here! I really don't know what happened behind the scenes. It's possible this wasn't premeditated. I really just don't know.

But regardless, they should've been more about it. I literally didn't even know the payouts were in "precious metals" until Day 2 when we were in the money. Even Pokernews wasn't aware. They completely omitted this because they knew people wouldn't show up if they knew.
    Last edited by PLOL; 10-05-2020 at 06:40 PM.
    TRUMP 2024!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    From The Midway Poker Tour Facebook:

◦ Good Morning. I want to address the unfortunate events that took place over the weekend

◦ I want to first apologize from the bottom of my heart to the players, the dealers, and to the 3 titans of The Poker Industry, Jeremy Smith/Eric Anderson/Chad Holloway, who gave their time and effort to the event. I’ll never be able to thank them enough

◦ A series of events started on Saturday evening that was either unforeseen or overlooked on my part

I then, unfortunately, panicked, leaving Eric and Chad by themselves, and for that I am deeply embarrassed and sorry for my actions. I didn’t do all of the necessary legwork and due diligence, and for that I am deeply embarrassed and apologetic. I wrote some things yesterday out of frustration and anger, and again for that I truly apologize

I will do my best to make things right with all that were affected by the horrible events that transpired on Sunday, due mostly to my actions and my inactions I put a lot of time and money into this venture to bring Live Poker back, but I may have rushed things along, while not having everything in place at the the start I take 100% responsibility, and again I will do my best to rectify the unfortunate and embarrassing situation that unfolded on Sunday.

Sounds like a lot of bullshit

https://www.facebook.com/MidwayPoker...13262123875635

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Don't bother trying to use that Pokerbros account they made you get.

Hilarious to see Pokerbros taking the moral high ground regarding scammers. Never has "Clean your own house first" rang truer.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Don't bother trying to use that Pokerbros account they made you get.

Hilarious to see Pokerbros taking the moral high ground regarding scammers. Never has "Clean your own house first" rang truer.
    Hahaha, honestly I feel good knowing that my post made them get kicked off Pokerbros. Makes it worth it. Almost no chance I get my $300, but I'm ok with that.
    TRUMP 2024!

Load Metric
    Some more accusations about Dan from '4':
    What you should know about Daniel Bekavac:

1. He has 8 kids and 1 on the way with 3 different women. So soon to be 9.

2. I have one of those kids with Daniel. We have a 10 year old son together. Daniel does not spend time with him, call him or acknowledge him in any way. I get 300 a month in child support and I do everything for our kid while he lives in his mansion with all the luxuries getting away with paying that bogus ass amount because he has friends and family putting his finances in their names . He does this to avoid paying higher child support and to continue defrauding the government for 4k a month for his fraudulent VA disability. I know how shady he is. I've witnessed so many things he has done its a shock he isn't in jail or dead by now.

3. The soon to be 7 kids he has with baby mama #3 all live a luxurious lifestyle in a mansion in Minooka. The home was purchase for 515k in June-July of 2018. Since then, Daniel has made some very pricey updates to the home. A list of those things include but are not limited to: indoor swimming pool, wine cellar, full court custom basketball court from scratch, he turned the guest house in his backyard into an e-learning school for all the kids he has and pays a lady to do all of the e-learning with the kids. He has a batting cage in his backyard that kids would dream of. He has huge hi end flat screen TVs in every room and there are a lot of rooms! He has a movie theater in his basement with leather recliners, a popcorn machine, cotton candy machine and vintage movie posters to accent the theater. He has built a personal gym that he obviously never uses but built it just to say he has one.

Daniel wears all high end clothing and never wears the same outfit more than twice. Him and girlfriend and kids all have brand new iPhones and iPads. In the garage, Daniel has 5 state of the art washers and 5 state of the art dryers that he was using to start a laundry cleaning service but I don't think worked out so now uses in home for all the damn laundry a family of 11 makes. In the summer, Daniel has a huge blow up water slide/park for the kids as well as a built in trampoline. On holidays, the house is decorated with the most lavish decorations in the state! Daniel also purchased the lot next to his home to build his own warehouse for his shady amazon business that he cons and rips off all of his lenders on. That's a whole other subject, please read on...

4. Daniel drives a luxurious range rover with all the perks. He purchased his live in girlfriend and mother of soon to be 7 kids a $50k 2018 Nissan passenger van to fit all the kids. To please his not so nice girlfriend, he also purchased her a new Volkswagen sedan to drive around when she was kid free. How sweet! They have a golf cart and all the kids have their own cool motorcar/bike.

5.Daniel is a greedy, shady con-artist and has a decent size group of morons who do his dirty work for him in exchange for money or gifts! Yes even people he has ripped off in the past still manage to get sucked back in and become his bitches even after Daniel ****ed them over. He is a master manipulator and will do whatever it takes to get what he wants. He doesn't care how or who he hurts in the process. No one is safe!!

6. Daniel is smart, that I cant deny. I've watched him make many businesses only to mess them up by doing something shady that would cause him to close shop and hide out. He has opened construction companies, remodeling companies, underground poker rooms, laundry services, amazon warehouses that have made him millions or "Cheat his way into millions", and is now in the process of opening a poker app called the midway club and has officially launched the first every live stream poker tour in the midwest called "The midway poker tour" it is being advertised on all the big poker sites and is treating it as a charity thing when I know that is just to get a tax write off. The charity linked to this tour is 4 k.I.D.S sake. A charity that helps kids fulfill a wish in some way. Funny because he does not care about kids at all. The mothers of his two oldest kids get next to nothing for child support. I think I was told $300 a month. Here he is living this insane life with nice everything and tells the court he does not make any money.

7. Danny runs a warehouse with a full staff of employees. Pays them all in cash. His father Daniel senior is the manager. Works for peanuts and pays an uber $45 there and back everyday just to please his son. His cousins Johnny and Mikey Donnahue, whom are brothers, are always involved in Daniel's business adventures. They hide money in their accounts for him, sell his branded products with their own amazon accounts to make him more money. Daniel's sister Melissa has had bekavac trading inc, the bekavac trading company and every other business name he had with amazon in her name. She has the companies bank accounts in her name as well. He has tried putting them in his girlfriend Bridget Krajecki name but she is a wac job herself and threatens him all the time when he gives her any access to his accounts. Daniels has switched warehouse locations 5 times since 2016. He has multiple lawsuits against him and his amazon companies. He runs and hides everytime and honestly am sick that nothing ever happens to him.

8. Daniels number love in life is poker. Since the day I met him that's always been his passion. In the last 5 years he has won $300k in tournaments. He has had multiple underground poker rooms throughout Chicago that have made him bank!!! Illegal yes, his set ups though were genius and he knew what it took to blow up! He had famous athletes at his games, undercover police working front door, he had business men with money to blow and degenerates who were mounting to nothing. These games were flooded with alcohol, adderall and never ending piles of cocaine. Something Daniel still loves to do today. He had these games going for about 5 years when Daniel did what he always does he was tired of the late nights and degenerates. He owed too many people because he developed a drug habit and started gambling at his own games and losing. When the heat was getting too much he closed shop, cut everyone off that had any ties to him and his poker rooms, and went into hiding living off of what he stole from people.

9. If what I told you hasn't made you fall in love with yet, then this will. On top of all the money he is making doing all of these things he puts everything in others names. He seems to be the only person benefiting from anything though. One major reason he does this, aside from completely getting out of taking care of his oldest kids, is because he has been defrauding the government for years now. Daniel enlisted in the army out of high school and served a short time in Iraq. Danny was able to convince the VA that he was 100% disabled and get almost $4k a month from the VA and social security alone! Now I'm not a doctor but clearly Daniel is far from disabled. The only disability Daniel has is the disability to be an honest, hard working father that doesn't cheat lie or steal to do it!

I can keep going but my fingers feel like they are gonna fall off and my brain is on fire reliving all of this. I want to spread this warning to others so he does not do this to anyone else. But now this huge poker tour and app he has is yet again gonna make him rich. He has a horseshoe up his ass and all of his little puppets protect him and lie for him.Its really messed up but they are just as guilty!
    TRUMP 2024!

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post

if you go to sell those, update on if they are fake...

im not a coin guy, but man those dont look anything like any silver/gold coins i have ever seen...they look like some cheap ass knockoff shit...

They are generic .999 silver rounds.
    I cant say for sure but they look real.
    A simple magnet test and a digital scale would tell you if they are real or not.
    They would sell for about 2 dollars over spot in this market. Which would be 26 dollars per 1 oz round.
    If they were paying 35 dollars an oz i would have drove the 15 hours nonstop to sell them all mine. That price is a joke.

I don't think anyone bought silver rounds for $35. That was likely part of the hustle. If they wanted to do this the right way, they would have bought 1/2 oz gold bars/coins/bullion which have ~ 1k value but with far less premium. There is 0 reason to use all these silver coins except to make change on top of gold OR it is a little easier to claim you paid more than you did. Premiums on silver as a function of weight is far higher than gold.

What a scam. People should just go for a fraud angle, because $35 oz silver bullion hasn't existed in many years. Probably peaked recently at around $32 but that'd be like absolute peak.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    I used to be fb friends with this guy and now I am not and neither are 4 of the 7 mutual friends we had, guy will not be "making good"

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Chad Holloway posted a good update on the situation, including lots of new info: https://www.pokernews.com/news/2020/...paid-38167.htm

Among the things alleged in the article:

- Lots of people still unpaid, including most from the final table

- The tour operators have gone silent for the past 2 weeks

- The PokerBros club was a ponzi scheme

- The charity involved was stiffed, and only got $640 from a tip jar, and nothing else

PLOL, you might as well kiss that money goodbye.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Pressure mounting.

This is from Twitter -- not my conversation.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    guy was acting like he owns the place more than me. i would have chatted him up about it if we were at the same table

Comments

shoeshine box: I would gave him til the end of the hand too give my $ up or beat him with the chair...word.

Load Metric
    For what it’s worth the premium in the physical silver market has gone so high that the silver rounds are worth more than what they would of got now.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    For what it’s worth the premium in the physical silver market has gone so high that the silver rounds are worth more than what they would of got now.

guy needs to come out and act like he did everyone a favor for LOLZ

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    https://twitter.com/ChadAHolloway/status/1375996052038356996

Good for Chad for aggressively covering this, to the point where Bekavac despises him. Chad is a class act. Bekavac is the opposite.

Also LOL at Bekavac's play. No wonder this guy scams to stay in action.

Calls off a ton of chips with 54 on a T84 board.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    I’d be sure to test all that gold.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/crime/201...-like-fake.ny1

Load Metric
    BUMP

Dan Bekavac, the guy that owned/ran the short lived Midway Pokrr Tour that ripped off everyone in their 1 and only event just won nearly $200k.

Will he make things right to the remaining people he owes? Probably not!

Name:  Screenshot_20220321-172716_Twitter.jpg
Views: 590
Size:  492.5 KB

Comments

Pablo:

Poker Info Master
    Load Metric
    Another update, this time Bekavac claims he'll make everyone whole.

https://www.pokernews.com/news/2022/...avac-40912.htm

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    The OP of this thread has reported to our own Brandon "Drexel" Gerson that he just got paid his $300.

Obviously it's not hard to pay someone $300 for optics. The big test will be if the winner gets his $16k.

Thread Information