Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: I'm being sued by Mike Postle, as are ESPN, Doug Polk, Joey Ingram, Bart Hanson, Phil Galfond, Matt Berkey, Daniel Negreanu, Jonathan Little, Veronica Brill, Haralabob, and Pokernews

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I don't think it's 0.0.

It's 0.0 if all the money goes to creditors, but putting that aside, I could easily see such a thing happening, if he's guaranteed no legal consequence from it (statute of limitations, etc).

Hell, even OJ did a form of this -- or at least, he tried, and he was accused of far worse.

The market for such a thing would be the general public, and not people like us. If Mike is guilty of what he's been accused, and he admits to it, that would make a hell of a lot more interesting documentary than the planned "woe is me, Veronica is an evil woman" version he's been peddling.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Nice writeup of the situation by Jennifer Newell: https://www.legaluspokersites.com/ne...website/28178/

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Nice writeup of the situation by Jennifer Newell: https://www.legaluspokersites.com/ne...website/28178/

Seems like somebody needs a letter from EB to correct the incorrect information regarding Your AntiSlapp motion etc. What she’s posted borders on slander/liable against you and EB and demanding a cease and desist as well as retraction is in order.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    So....they denied Postle's motion and gave him til the 15th for something? Did he file anything else? When do Druff and Veronica get to start selling his baseball cards?

Load Metric
    They have no clue what Mike Postle's assets are.

Can they put a lien on his house? Not yet.

It's very easy to transfer your property into a trust or to another family member.

I seriously doubt that Mike will pay anything.

At this stage, PokerStars might sign him on to be one of their pros.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post
    They have no clue what Mike Postle's assets are.

Can they put a lien on his house? Not yet.

It's very easy to transfer your property into a trust or to another family member.

I seriously doubt that Mike will pay anything.

At this stage, PokerStars might sign him on to be one of their pros.

I believe he's renting his house.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Druff,

Would you sell what he ownes you 50cent on the dollar?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by vegetera View Post
    Druff,

The time for dealmaking has long passed.

Load Metric
    Druff,

This is how Druff feels towards Postle now.. (or actually probably when it got to the AntiSlapp)

Load Metric
    Druff,

Actually, you should hope he runs deep in a tourney, then immediately put a lien on the proceeds, or even hire a “keeper” to collect them on the spot. If it’s in Nevada you’d have to get a sister state judgement in place first to do it. In California, you could file a notice of judgment lien in LA county if he ran good there.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    The website (REDACTED) that the lawyer owns appears to be private now.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    https://www.poker.org/mike-postle-su...ry-bankruptcy/

He submitted an amended creditor list, including his mom.

Comments

shoeshine box: wow.what a fuk up

Load Metric
    So what happened Druff? Haley Just posted the involuntary petition has been dismissed at the behest of you and Brill. It says it was confidential but can we at least find out if EB is getting paid or not or if this went down a rabbit hole and blew up in EBs face on the involuntary bankruptcy. Certainly hope that isn’t the case.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ftpjesus View Post
    So what happened Druff? Haley Just posted the involuntary petition has been dismissed at the behest of you and Brill. It says it was confidential but can we at least find out if EB is getting paid or not or if this went down a rabbit hole and blew up in EBs face on the involuntary bankruptcy. Certainly hope that isn’t the case.
    It was a confidential settlement of the involuntary bankruptcy, so this is the one thing I can't discuss. Sorry. I will say that the entire situation hasn't been settled -- only the involuntary bankruptcy part.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ftpjesus View Post
    It was a confidential settlement of the involuntary bankruptcy, so this is the one thing I can't discuss. Sorry. I will say that the entire situation hasn't been settled -- only the involuntary bankruptcy part.
    Hmm so that sounds like EB lost this battle but the war is definitely still on. Now it gets serious trying to hunt down assets you can attach liens to try and recover funds. Not gonna lie this sucks honestly because it seems like for the moment that cheating fuckstick has the upper hand in not paying ya'll.

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryback_feed_me_more View Post

Hmm so that sounds like EB lost this battle but the war is definitely still on. Now it gets serious trying to hunt down assets you can attach liens to try and recover funds. Not gonna lie this sucks honestly because it seems like for the moment that cheating fuckstick has the upper hand in not paying ya'll.
    Unfortunately with someone like Postle, at his older age and lack of regular employment, it's not going to be an easy chase and certainly not cost effective long term. Even if you assume he has some hidden sports memorabilia of value, good luck finding that and/or chasing any proceeds if he were to sell them. I was skeptical that a Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Trustee would have had much desire to pursue MP, and he possibly could discharge the judgment debts in a Chapter 7, so the bk would not have helped much anyway. Just my opinion.

This may take more of a long term collection effort. GL!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeD View Post

Unfortunately with someone like Postle, at his older age and lack of regular employment, it's not going to be an easy chase and certainly not cost effective long term. Even if you assume he has some hidden sports memorabilia of value, good luck finding that and/or chasing any proceeds if he were to sell them. I was skeptical that a Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Trustee would have had much desire to pursue MP, and he possibly could discharge the judgment debts in a Chapter 7, so the bk would not have helped much anyway. Just my opinion.

I also wonder if this is why we no longer hear the EB advertisement on PFA anymore.. Is there a bit of a rift between Todd and EB now because the Involuntary Chapter 7 blew up in EBs face. I read there was a potential issue because they were short one creditor possibly to force the Chap 7 something about needing possibly 3 creditors to sign on and Todd and Veronica only amounted to 2 and that was the grounds why it was potentially dropped.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    No rift between me and Eric. We were just texting yesterday about non-legal-related stuff.

Also, nothing blew up in anyone's face. However, since it's a confidential settlement, I cannot give any details.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeD View Post

I also wonder if this is why we no longer hear the EB advertisement on PFA anymore.. Is there a bit of a rift between Todd and EB now because the Involuntary Chapter 7 blew up in EBs face. I read there was a potential issue because they were short one creditor possibly to force the Chap 7 something about needing possibly 3 creditors to sign on and Todd and Veronica only amounted to 2 and that was the grounds why it was potentially dropped.
    Dude just stop it. Your trying to stir up shit where there’s no need to. Druffs told you 2X it’s confidential and he can’t talk and this was after that was even in the Poker article by Haley Hintze

Poker Investigative Journalist
    Load Metric
    No rift between me and Eric. We were just texting yesterday about non-legal-related stuff.

Also, nothing blew up in anyone's face. However, since it's a confidential settlement, I cannot give any details.
    Confirmed this, and it's not for absolute certainty that the "numerosity" issue (the three creditors) thing is why Veronica and Brill dropped the case. But it was a complexity and it was specifically brought up by Postle as a possible defense. Postle actually got himself a real bankruptcy attorney, too, sometime in the past few months.

Whether or not all of Postle's debts were legitimate as claimed was one of those things that was going to result in a drawn-out battle either way. One thing I wondered about when I saw Postle's list of claimed debts was how many of those debts he acquired after the scandal broke, which could have played into how legitimate some of those might have appeared in the eyes of the bankruptcy judge. But the public likely won't ever know those answers.

Meanwhile, Eric has another poker-connected case to work on as well, as he's the lead attorney in the class action brought against PayPal that began with $12K in DFS fees seized from Chris Moneymaker.

Thread Information