Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm being sued by Mike Postle, as are ESPN, Doug Polk, Joey Ingram, Bart Hanson, Phil Galfond, Matt Berkey, Daniel Negreanu, Jonathan Little, Veronica Brill, Haralabob, and Pokernews

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    He also calls me Veronica Brill on the first page.

"To defendant Veronica Brill, and her attorney(s) Eric Bensamochan..."

I realize we are both defendants in this case, but I don't think I look very much like Veronica.

You've got better legs but I'm giving her the edge on tits

Comments

Dan Druff: i'll take that

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    We responded to Postle's ridiculous motion to continue the Anti-SLAPP hearing for the second time.

His motion: https://pokerfraudalert.com/Postle-c...nce-second.pdf

Our answer: https://pokerfraudalert.com/response...nce-second.pdf
    I am not a lawyer and really know nothing about the law, other than I follow what is generally published as statue. So with that said, you clearly can financially overwhelm the plaintiff with a counter lawsuit, correct? I mean, he is saying you besmirched his name, but can't you say the same about what he is doing? I mean your name is in the media now because of him, presumably affecting future opportunities. I dunno, this is one avenue I no nothing about.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerveza Fria View Post

On His motion: Look at the top of the Proof of service (the last page) it says “JACKSON V. COLONIAL ENERGY LLC...et al”. Then it has a Court listing and Case number on the 2 lines below that. It looks like the Proof of service form was copied from another case.

Yeah that definitely looks pretty fucked up to me

So, what that tells me is that someone who works in attorney's office either 1) typed the pleading for him or 2) sent him the digital document to adapt to this case. Just look up the aforementioned case and you can see who the counsel is. See which law firm used the same person for the proof of service and bingo, you have that firm. Your attorney will know what to do with that information. If he had time to get someone to do this, he had time to get new counsel.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    We know who the attorney is. His office sent the paperwork to my attorney and Veronica's attorney, but oddly hasn't officially signed on the represent Postle. Additionally, the filing claims that Postle has not yet found an attorney, and he signs everything "In Pro Per" (representing himself).

The attorney is not one who was previously associated with Postle in other cases, and is located in Sacramento.

We are guessing Postle called a random attorney and asked for help putting together this paperwork, on a consulting basis, rather than retaining him.

Silver
    Load Metric
    We know who the attorney is. His office sent the paperwork to my attorney and Veronica's attorney, but oddly hasn't officially signed on the represent Postle. Additionally, the filing claims that Postle has not yet found an attorney, and he signs everything "In Pro Per" (representing himself).

The attorney is not one who was previously associated with Postle in other cases, and is located in Sacramento.

We are guessing Postle called a random attorney and asked for help putting together this paperwork, on a consulting basis, rather than retaining him.
    Do you know which law firms others like Haralabob retained and the status of their cases? i.e. are they at the same stage or what?

Can't you guys kind of copy and tweak from each other's lawyers to build the best possible defense as this slowly rocks along?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I don't know if any of the other defendants even hired lawyers. Nobody was served. Veronica and I went (separately) on the offensive, by hiring attorneys, auto-accepting service, and filing an anti-SLAPP.

I didn't want this shit hanging over me for eternity while Postle plays games. I took immediate action to extricate myself from this frivolous BS suit. We will see the result on March 18 (or later, if his continuance request succeeds).

Comments

rum dick: Good call

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    BUMP

Case delayed again. The judge in the case ruled that Postle gets another 30 days. He wanted 120, the judge gave 30 (actually 33, but close enough).

New date for both anti-SLAPPs (mine and Veronica) is April 20.

Load Metric
    BUMP

Case delayed again. The judge in the case ruled that Postle gets another 30 days. He wanted 120, the judge gave 30 (actually 33, but close enough).

It'll be that much sweeter when you bitchSLAPP him.

Can you attend the hearing by Zoom?

Load Metric
    BUMP

Let's all do our part on that day and smoke a joint for good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by RealTalk View Post
    Lol at the amount of effort that druff's friends have to exert trying to do an internet podcast without offending him.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt The Rat View Post
    but Rowe alleged that Postle had no communication with him and, perhaps more importantly, had not paid him to represent Postle in the case. T

If Rowe starts an aggressive effort to collect his fees that should put an end to this madness.

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    Mike Postle has dismissed his case without prejudice as to all defendants. Too bad that doesn't discharge him from owing attorney's fees now. Good example of a day late and a dollar short.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by brutal_thinker View Post
    Mike Postle has dismissed his case without prejudice as to all defendants. Too bad that doesn't discharge him from owing attorney's fees now. Good example of a day late and a dollar short.
    now what are the next steps to get money from a broke loser who sucks at poker?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by brutal_thinker View Post
    now what are the next steps to get money from a broke loser who sucks at poker?

Comments

MumblesBadly: LOL!!!

Bronze
    Load Metric
    I wonder what @dwai thinks about all this? Has the "woke" left cancelled Mike Postle?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Keep in mind two things:

- Postle asked for this to be dismissed without prejudice. Therefore, he could file the case again at any point in the future.

- We already had asked for a dismissal (though WITH prejudice) during the mandatory settlement conference, which is at the beginning of each case in California. We agreed to not go after him for any attorney's fees if he would dismiss with prejudice at that point. He refused, and moved forward with the case. Shortly after, we filed the anti-SLAPP.

So dismissing it at the 11th hour, after attorney's fees have been run up on my end, isn't going to fly here.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Radio was to be delayed until Saturday, because I am preparing for my next-morning fantasy baseball draft tonight.

However, I will do a short emergency radio segment tonight with Eric Bensamochan about this dismissal, and what we plan to do next.

I will also replay the segment tomorrow during radio, for those who missed it.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BartHanson View Post
    I wonder what @dwai thinks about all this? Has the "woke" left cancelled Mike Postle?
    I think ERIC BENZAMOKIN IS GOD

Load Metric
    Keep in mind two things:

- Postle asked for this to be dismissed without prejudice. Therefore, he could file the case again at any point in the future.

- We already had asked for a dismissal (though WITH prejudice) during the mandatory settlement conference, which is at the beginning of each case in California. We agreed to not go after him for any attorney's fees if he would dismiss with prejudice at that point. He refused, and moved forward with the case. Shortly after, we filed the anti-SLAPP.

So dismissing it at the 11th hour, after attorney's fees have been run up on my end, isn't going to fly here.
    TERMINATE WITH EXTREME PREJUDICE

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Geez - f n Postle.

Thread Information