Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm being sued by Mike Postle, as are ESPN, Doug Polk, Joey Ingram, Bart Hanson, Phil Galfond, Matt Berkey, Daniel Negreanu, Jonathan Little, Veronica Brill, Haralabob, and Pokernews

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by dmndkutr View Post
    I believe today was the deadline for Postle to file opposition. Did he file anything or do you have him by his non-sunned balls?
    I'll have to ask Eric, but I haven't heard of any filing by him recently.

BTW, bankruptcy is one of Eric's specialties, so even if this involuntary Chapter 7 seems odd to you, trust that it's the right play.

Comments

dmndkutr: I would never go against the family

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    The BK Court has actually given him until the 17th to respond. As far as Chapter 7 goes, there are a few important points to consider, namely that Anti SLAPP awards are generally considered to be "non dischargeable" in Bankruptcy, which means that all other debts could be wiped out, but not the Judgments for Todd and Veronica. This is also a very good way to find out what, if any, assets Mr. Postle has or had. What he may have done with his income, assets, if he got paid anything to participate in a documentary, etc. A Chapter 7 trustee will investigate.

Comments

Walter Sobchak: BEENSMOKIN

Nova Scotia's #1 Party Rocker!!!!11 DJ_Chaps's Avatar
    Load Metric
    Bart fucking Hanson aka god

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Chaps' 2017-18 NFL $$ Thread

Load Metric
    If Mike Postle was smart, he would have put everything in his wife's name, sold his home and moved to another country.

But he probably isn't.

I still doubt Druff or Veronica or any of their attorneys will see a dime.

Is Mike Postle a poker god?

Or is his skill as real as this guy's beard.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Postle filed an answer, but it was a bunch of nonsense.

It was a rambling diatribe bashing Marc Randazza, and accusing him of a vendetta, as well as a small portion accusing Veronica of ruining his career and continuing to defame him.

Strangely enough, none of the response mentioned me or Eric. It almost fully focused upon Randazza.

I can't imagine the court taking it very seriously.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    BUMP

Postle filed an answer to the involuntary bankruptcy petition. It was mostly a rambling diatribe against Marc Randazza, and somewhat also against Veronica Brill. I am not mentioned once in the entire 38-page filing! Eric Bensamochan is also not mentioned, aside from the last page, where he is listed among 17 creditors. Postle claimed in his filing that he was submitting these 17 creditors to prove that involuntary bankruptcy can only be forced with 12 or fewer creditors. I don't know if he's right about that.

The creditors are mostly credit cards, with the biggest one being Citibank for $14,000, and the rest are between $1000 and $8000. The final two creditors are Randazza and Bensamochan, for about $27k each, regarding the legal fees awarded. He does not provide verification of these amounts or these creditors, but he does give the last 4 digits of the account number of the cards.

Here's a Haley Hintze article about it, which includes a comment from Eric near the end: https://www.poker.org/mike-postle-fi...ptcy-petition/

I'm not sure why Mike rambles on about Randazza and Veronica. Regradless of his issues with them, US Bankruptcy Court is not going to care about all that.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BUMP

Postle filed an answer to the involuntary bankruptcy petition. It was mostly a rambling diatribe against Marc Randazza, and somewhat also against Veronica Brill. I am not mentioned once in the entire 38-page filing! Eric Bensamochan is also not mentioned, aside from the last page, where he is listed among 17 creditors. Postle claimed in his filing that he was submitting these 17 creditors to prove that involuntary bankruptcy can only be forced with 12 or fewer creditors. I don't know if he's right about that.

The creditors are mostly credit cards, with the biggest one being Citibank for $14,000, and the rest are between $1000 and $8000. The final two creditors are Randazza and Bensamochan, for about $27k each, regarding the legal fees awarded. He does not provide verification of these amounts or these creditors, but he does give the last 4 digits of the account number of the cards.

Here's a Haley Hintze article about it, which includes a comment from Eric near the end: https://www.poker.org/mike-postle-fi...ptcy-petition/

I'm not sure why Mike rambles on about Randazza and Veronica. Regradless of his issues with them, US Bankruptcy Court is not going to care about all that.
    On a scale of 1 to 10 how disappointed are you that you weren’t mentioned?

O/U 6.5

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    BUMP

On a scale of 1 to 10 how disappointed are you that you weren’t mentioned?

O/U 6.5
    Just like on Twitter, Veronica gets all the attention from the middle aged males and I get ignored.

Comments

ftpjesus: Putting out some of the photos she does are you really surprised?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Soo... it looks like Postle hired a PR firm.

Which is an interesting thing to be doing when you're supposedly insolvent.

A website was started to put a very misleading spin on our Anti-SLAPP motion against Postle. The site makes it appear that we lost the anti-SLAPP, and that the reduction in our requested legal fees was somehow a huge defeat.

Additionally, despite erroneous reporting on social media that Todd won the anti-SLAPP, his attempt to preserve the anti-SLAPP motion was rejected and the anti-SLAPP was dismissed.

Similar shit is written about Veronica. I'm going to put it in spoilers because I don't want to give the site any google cred.

mikepostlepoker.com

So whose site is this? Well, it wasn't very hard for me to find out. It runs off of Squarespace, which is a simple, cheap, do-it-yourself business website hosting service. You sign up for something like Squarespace if you don’t know much about designing websites, but want to get up a simple site for your business without hiring someone to do it.

And who is it registered to? The idiots behind this attempted to redact the information, but didn't realize that the "organization" and "state" portions of the registration don't redact. Oops!

Name:  orndee-postle2.png
Views: 509
Size:  51.3 KB

It’s a PR firm called Orndee PR.

https://www.orndeepr.com/

They’re based out of NYC.

So unless it's a different Orndee out of NY (which is highly unlikely), it appears Mike hired a PR firm to spin the results of his failed defamation suit.

Interesting that he has the money to hire a PR firm as recently as May 14, which was the date the domain was registered. Mike, please pay what you owe in legal fees, instead of wasting your money on crappy PR firms. Thanks.

Comments

JeffDime:

Load Metric
    Funny, the PR firm's website says they specialize in "Crisis Management".

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Oh, and guess what I just found out?

Orndee is owned by Alexandrea Merrell: https://www.linkedin.com/in/alexandreamerrell

Who is Alexandrea Merrell? She's the one currently battling with Marc Randazza, with a grudge dating back to the Sandy Hook & Alex Jones stuff.

Isn't that lovely? So perhaps Postle didn't hire them after all. Perhaps this is something she's doing for free, in order to get back at Randazza, and I'm caught in the crossfire. Either way, it's no coincidence that Postle is using Merrell's PR firm here.

What a mess. I really wish the HONR Network would leave me out of their neverending battles with Randazza, as it has absolutely zero to do with me. Apparently they're cool with collateral damage, as long as they get Randazza angry.

Comments

JeffDime:

Silver
    Load Metric

Orndee is owned by Alexandrea Merrell: https://www.linkedin.com/in/alexandreamerrell

Who is Alexandrea Merrell? She's the one currently battling with Marc Randazza, with a grudge dating back to the Sandy Hook & Alex Jones stuff.

Isn't that lovely? So perhaps Postle didn't hire them after all. Perhaps this is something she's doing for free, in order to get back at Randazza, and I'm caught in the crossfire. Either way, it's no coincidence that Postle is using Merrell's PR firm here.

What a mess. I really wish the HONR Network would leave me out of their neverending battles with Randazza, as it has absolutely zero to do with me. Apparently theyr'e cool with collateral damage, as long as they get Randazza angry.
    I just wonder if the good folks of the HONR Network as well as its founder (Mr Posner, who sadly lost his child in the Sandy Hook shootings) of the HONR Network are aware that donated/charitable funds are being used to basically extract a personal vendetta against Randazza by following him around the country and interfering in his other unrelated cases, rather than focusing on the good work and advocacy for which the Network was founded.

And by the way, I am NOT a fan at all of Randazza or his style and tactics. I'm also thinking that Veronica's 15 minutes of fame should just about be done at this point as well.

HONR Network is an American 501 (c) (3) nonprofit organization that was founded in 2014 by Lenny Pozner. The organization began as an advocate for the survivors and the victims of mass casualty, and highly publicized, violent incidents, who were revictimized online by conspiracy theorists.
    Formation: 2014; 7 years ago
    Founder: Lenny Pozner
    Headquarters: Orlando, Florida, U.S.
    Legal status: 501(c)(3)nonprofit organization
    HONR Network - Wikipedia
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HONR_network
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Comments

JeffDime:

Load Metric

What a mess. I really wish the HONR Network would leave me out of their neverending battles with Randazza, as it has absolutely zero to do with me. Apparently theyr'e cool with collateral damage, as long as they get Randazza angry.
    Maybe this twat Merrell needs a letter from Eric B to Cease and Desist and that her information she has posted publically is a lie and incorrect and could be subject to legal action against her... Because your being dragged into something your not a party to yet again and its ridiculous and technically claiming the SLAPP was a failure is legally incorrect and borderline slander against you and EB implying you were the frivolous ones not that turd cheating POS Postle

Load Metric
    Just to add a bit of levity here…if no one has seen the Alex Jones impersonator on Howard Stern they are missing out. There’s at least a dozen clips on YouTube but this is my favorite.

Btw Mike (Sure he reads the thread), time to move on. Got to let it go and figure out something else outside of the gambling world to make $$$.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffDime View Post
    Just to add a bit of levity here…if no one has seen the Alex Jones impersonator on Howard Stern they are missing out. There’s at least a dozen clips on YouTube but this is my favorite.

Btw Mike (Sure he reads the thread), time to move on. Got to let it go and figure out something else outside of the gambling world to make $$$.

I used to respect and liked Stern years ago.. Dude was a full on freedom loving fuck the govt type.. Now hes become a paranoid little worm living in fear from a virus hes been innoculated against and essentially advocating for forced vaccinations and govt intrusion in peoples lives.. Is this real life?? I mean seriously Howard WTF happened to you man.. youre a pathetic shell of your former self..

Comments

JeffDime: Agree for the most part. Just think the Alex Jones impersonator is fuckign hilarious.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I don't want to hijack this thread, but as a '90s era Howard fan, I have to say that I agree he's a shell of his former self. There are various reasons for this:

1) He's old. He will be 68 soon.

2) Satellite radio's freedom from the FCC hurt him. The restrictions against obscenity on terrestrial radio were actually a good thing for his show, as it forced him to be more creative and try harder to be outrageous without resorting to blatant crassness for shock value.

3) He became too political. Listen to old '90s Stern episodes, and he wasn't very political. He'd occasionally comment on political issues, but he didn't always land on one side, and it wasn't a big part of the show. At some point, he went to the left and his show reflects it now.

4) His entire schtick doesn't work in the woke/cancel culture era, so he had to modify it, and he just doesn't have that edge anymore.

I have a lot of respect for what Stern did in the 1990s. He and Rush Limbaugh redefined talk radio. He just isn't the same guy anymore.

Comments

JeffDime: Yup. Just the AJ impersonator is funny af

The Boz: Loved him until 04 when he turned on Bush and became a flaming liberal. And the left gave him, like Kimmel for all the sexist stuff they did over the years just because they tote the liberal line.

Load Metric
    I’m sure this has been brought up somewhere before but forgive me as I didn’t see it....

I wonder what would be Postle’s number (dollar amount) to do a “Tell All”?

How everything was done, start to finish. Not sure if the numbers would make sense to do a major motion picture, as I don’t know if there would be that much interest in a poker movie. I could definitely see a documentary film/book deal tied together. There definitely would be money in it for a production company. Even make it a 4 or 5 part series.

If I was promoting it, I would definitely have him do a polygraph test to show he is being honest.

I think 100k will do the trick.

I know for this to be brought as a criminal issue is slim to none, just in case does Anyone know the statue of limitations on this crime?

I’m sure there are a few attorneys here ��
    Last edited by PositiveVariance; 09-23-2021 at 10:21 PM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by PositiveVariance View Post
    I’m sure this has been brought up somewhere before but forgive me as I didn’t see it....

How everything was done, start to finish. Not sure if the numbers would make sense to do a major motion picture, as I don’t know if there would be that much interest in a poker movie. I could definitely see a documentary film/book deal tied together. There definitely would be money in it for a production company. Even make it a 4 or 5 part series.

If I was promoting it, I would definitely have him do a polygraph test to show he is being honest.

I know for this to be brought as a criminal issue is slim to none, just in case does Anyone know the statue of limitations on this crime?

I wouldn't be surprised if something like this happens in the future.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by PositiveVariance View Post

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 1marley1 View Post

PV, I do tend to agree with the Mad Neg Repper here. I just don’t see a market for this shit.

1) It’s super niche.

2) Mike is not charismatic, well spoken, etc. He is just your run of the mill middle age white guy who is also a shit interview to boot.

3) People will not want to pay to see this as it would be seen as supporting Mike in some ways. It would probably be shared mostly in bootlegs to those interested.

4) Behind the curtain I believe he is just some shitty hustler. Maybe a little more sophistication and knowledgeable than Christopher Mitchell, but far less intriguing.

I want Todd & Veronica to get their legal fees but I just don’t think a project like this makes money. I guess if he wrote a book like OJ’s “If I did it” or makes a documentary where he completely comes clean and tells us what happens, that could make a few bucks. I just don’t see him ever admitting to anything.

Thread Information