Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: *** OFFICIAL *** Cancel Culture and Corporate Wokeness Thread

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Chick from the Mandalorian canned by Disney.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    RFK Jr banned from Instagram for being anti-vaxxer: https://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/sh...l=1#post961550

Dumb.

Comments

1marley1: You’re dumb

Bronze
    Load Metric
    It’s kinda funny that the same people who just tried to cancel 80 million votes also like to complain about cancel culture.

Also:

https://thesportsrush.com/nba-news-w...ng-on-twitter/
    Last edited by CryptoNinja; 02-11-2021 at 01:57 AM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by CryptoNinja View Post
    It’s kinda funny that the same people who just tried to cancel 80 million votes also like to complain about cancel culture.

Also:

https://thesportsrush.com/nba-news-w...ng-on-twitter/

Trying to ban Bruce too... this site is full of idiots and hypocrites

Load Metric
    oh no they got some chick from the Mandalorian

PATRIOTS RISE UP

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by nunbeater View Post
    oh no they got some chick from the Mandalorian

PATRIOTS RISE UP

I thought this stupid thread was a just a running cancel list. I’ve never even seen the show, but she was pretty hot in her heyday

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by snowtracks View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Yeah, great point Walter.

There is so much in Disney history which could be judged as "racist" or "sexist" by today's standards. Okay... then don't make current movies and attractions that way.

But cancelling the classics because they don't adhere to hypersensitive modern standards is so lame. It's not like any of this stuff has any kind of direct hate speech. Yeah, there's some stereotypes, but this is why you have modern discussions about how racial stereotyping is wrong, and cite these examples from the past as something considered inappropriate now. But erasing, modifying, or suppressing them? Pathetic.

Name:  
Views: 
Size:
    Woke white retards caused all this. Descendents of Aunt Jemima are pissed. She was a real person that created a very famous pancake recipe that fed the world. Her descendents, all black, say she is being cancelled. They want her legacy to live on and want Quaker Oats to reverse the decision.
    POKER FAG ALERT! POKER FAG ALERT! FOR GAY SEX CONTACT SLOPPY JOE.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post

Name:  
Views: 
Size:
    Woke white retards caused all this. Descendents of Aunt Jemima are pissed. She was a real person that created a very famous pancake recipe that fed the world. Her descendents, all black, say she is being cancelled. They want her legacy to live on and want Quaker Oats to reverse the decision.
    And why do they care about the caricature of a black woman but not the caricature of a Quaker?

Name:  05072014quakermain.jpg
Views: 353
Size:  87.0 KB

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post

And why do they care about the caricature of a black woman but not the caricature of a Quaker?

Name:  05072014quakermain.jpg
Views: 353
Size:  87.0 KB

Because racism against Honkies is A-OK.

Comments

mickeycrimm: wittle waltie is a race hustler

Load Metric

Name:  
Views: 
Size:

This is all lies.

Better to lie about syrup than our democracy I suppose.

But still gross.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I'm still trying to understand how a picture of a black woman on syrup is racist.

Were mass numbers of black people complaining about this? I doubt it.

Looks like more virtue signaling from woke white liberals who strain their shoulders patting themselves on the back for being so sensitive.

Comments

snowtracks: Nailed it

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I'm still trying to understand how a picture of a black woman on syrup is racist.

Looks like more virtue signaling from woke white liberals who strain their shoulders patting themselves on the back for being so sensitive.
    The original logo was pretty bad and the jemima name has some history.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Texter View Post

The original logo is gone, though.

At this point, it's just a black woman, and there's no racist connotation to the label. Also, I only heard complaints from woke whiteys. I didn't see any kind of real movement from black people to get rid of this. In fact, Aunt Jemima herself was not ever portrayed negatively -- even in old times. The "black mammy" figure was seen as a responsible, motherly woman, who was unfortunately enslaved. Celebrating her is fine, even if her circumstances are condemned.

But the current Aunt Jemima doesn't have a mammy look, but rather just a middle-aged black woman smiling. I see no reason to get rid of that, other than to make white leftists feel good about how sensitive they are.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 1marley1 View Post

This is all lies.

Better to lie about syrup than our democracy I suppose.

But still gross.
    LOL at woketard morons like you. Here is a picture of the woman that invented the famous pancake recipe. This used to be the picture depicted on the box but they changed it because of woketards like you. Now you woketard idiots have cancelled her forever. The article is about the comments of her relatives that don't like the fact that her legacy is now being covered up. And they ain't flaming righties either. Just the opposite. This is why I say the first to the revolution are the 2nd to the guillotine.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...mFxOmQK6NJkk5U
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Comments

1marley1: Wrong sir. Wrong. You lose. You get nothing. You dumb fuck.
    POKER FAG ALERT! POKER FAG ALERT! FOR GAY SEX CONTACT SLOPPY JOE.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Texter View Post

The original logo is gone, though.

At this point, it's just a black woman, and there's no racist connotation to the label. Also, I only heard complaints from woke whiteys. I didn't see any kind of real movement from black people to get rid of this. In fact, Aunt Jemima herself was not ever portrayed negatively -- even in old times. The "black mammy" figure was seen as a responsible, motherly woman, who was unfortunately enslaved. Celebrating her is fine, even if her circumstances are condemned.

But the current Aunt Jemima doesn't have a mammy look, but rather just a middle-aged black woman smiling. I see no reason to get rid of that, other than to make white leftists feel good about how sensitive they are.
    Just the fact that it’s logo was racist long ago is good enough reason for some people. Same thing is happening with the university of Texas fight song. The tune was used in minstrel shows even though the current song has nothing related in the least. The tune is the same as “I’ve been working on the railroad” for those unfamiliar.

Load Metric

If you thought syrup was bad just wait, honey is next.

Name:  ohioplayershoneyjaksonstokeraaouwejasdjkl1_465_947_int.jpg
Views: 323
Size:  352.9 KB

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Apparently you're not allowed to critique a female's performance in a movie anymore.

Read this review for "Promising Young Woman": https://variety.com/2020/film/review...ew-1203480660/

Pretty typical, right?

Apparently this paragraph is super duper bad, according to Team Feelings:

Mulligan, a fine actress, seems a bit of an odd choice as this admittedly many-layered apparent femme fatale — Margot Robbie is a producer here, and one can (perhaps too easily) imagine the role might once have been intended for her. Whereas with this star, Cassie wears her pickup-bait gear like bad drag; even her long blonde hair seems a put-on. The flat American accent she delivers in her lowest voice register likewise seems a bit meta, though it’s not quite clear what the quote marks around this performance signify.

Variety, where this interview appears, is now putting this warning label on the review:

EDITOR’S NOTE: Variety sincerely apologizes to Carey Mulligan and regrets the insensitive language and insinuation in our review of “Promising Young Woman” that minimized her daring performance.

By the way, the reviewer is a 60-year-old gay man, and is shocked that they are attempting to paint this into a situation of misogyny, or of a man feeling a female isn't "hot" enough for her role.

https://www.thewrap.com/national-cri...lligan-review/

Film criticism is bad because it's critical!!!!!11

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Gina Carano fired from The Mandalorian, because of an Instagram post saying that being a conservative today is like being a Jew in Nazi times.

Dumb post, but calling it "anti-Semitic" is bullshit. I'm a Jew and I'm not offended by that at all. Nothing derogatory about Jewish people was stated or implied there.

So is Disney/ABC/ESPN going to fire everyone who has compared Trump or other Republicans to Hitler or Nazis? Or does this only go one way?

I think we know the answer.

Apparently they were looking to fire Carano for months, because she's on the right and outspoken about it. There's also BS claims that she "pushed election fraud conspiracies", when in fact all she did was criticize mail-in voting and said that our election system needs to be closely examined to stamp out fraud. I agree!

Funny how the left invents "anti-Semitism" where it doesn't exist, in order to go after Republicans. At the same time, they embrace actual anti-Semites like Ilhan Omar and Rashida Tlaib.

"Follow the Benjamins!"

Disgusting.

Comments

Sloppy Joe: Muh whudda!

Load Metric
    A lot of people, mostly Trump supporters have been permanently banned by Twitter in the last few weeks.

Latest person with ties to poker to be permanently banned by Twitter.

Dan Fleyshman

Not sure why.

Trump supporter?

Scammed people regarding sports cards?

Load Metric
    Gina Carano fired from The Mandalorian, because of an Instagram post saying that being a conservative today is like being a Jew in Nazi times.

Dumb post, but calling it "anti-Semitic" is bullshit. I'm a Jew and I'm not offended by that at all. Nothing derogatory about Jewish people was stated or implied there.

So is Disney/ABC/ESPN going to fire everyone who has compared Trump or other Republicans to Hitler or Nazis? Or does this only go one way?

I think we know the answer.

Apparently they were looking to fire Carano for months, because she's on the right and outspoken about it. There's also BS claims that she "pushed election fraud conspiracies", when in fact all she did was criticize mail-in voting and said that our election system needs to be closely examined to stamp out fraud. I agree!

Funny how the left invents "anti-Semitism" where it doesn't exist, in order to go after Republicans. At the same time, they embrace actual anti-Semites like Ilhan Omar and Rashida Tlaib.

"Follow the Benjamins!"

Disgusting.
    It's not anti-Semitic, but if you follow her analogy, it is calling the Democrats Nazis.

I'm not for cancel culture but it's naive to think you can say anything and there won't be consequences.

Thread Information