Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: *** OFFICIAL *** Cancel Culture and Corporate Wokeness Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries
    Load Metric

*** OFFICIAL *** Cancel Culture and Corporate Wokeness Thread

This thread will chronicle various outrageous acts of cancel culture. There's lot of examples from the past few years, but we will stick to events in the past week, and ones going forward.

Spotify employees are threatening to go on strike if the network doesn't censor Joe Rogan content:

https://www.barstoolsports.com/blog/...rogans-content

BTW, these oppressed Spotify employees earn $125k "plus considerable perks and benefits". The company should just fire them and hire replacements.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Adult Swim has decided to permanently remove various episodes of both "Aqua Teen Hunger Force" and "The Boondocks", for supposed "racial insensitivity".

The problem?

Among other things, "The Boondocks" is made by Aaron McGruder, a left-wing black man. Somehow he's a racist, and white liberals need to protect the world from him. Unbelievable.

https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/adu...es-1234786221/

Load Metric
    How are we defining "cancel culture" here?

I'm curious whether you think Norman Finkelstein was "cancelled".

Serious question. I assume that as a conservative Jewish person you don't share Dr. Finkelstein's views on Israel-Palestine relations. I'll be honest, I'm really uninformed about it.

What are your thoughts on Finkelstein and Alan Dershowitz' smear campaign that drove Finkelstein out of academia? Was it an example of "cancel culture"?

Comments

garrett: lol, adding elements of 'Academia' to argument haha nice...

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by The Shrink View Post

Serious question. I assume that as a conservative Jewish person you don't share Dr. Finkelstein's views on Israel-Palestine relations. I'll be honest, I'm really uninformed about it.

What are your thoughts on Finkelstein and Alan Dershowitz' smear campaign that drove Finkelstein out of academia? Was it an example of "cancel culture"?

Forgot about this thread before it was recently bumped.

Druff, I'm still curious about your thoughts on the Finkelstein case.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

This was a very rare case where the right canceled the left at the university level. As you well know, American universities are almost all very left politically, and any ideological censorship/persecution comes against those on the right.

The Finklestein case, which occurred from 2004-2007, was an unusual situation where Dershowitz was able to convince some administrators to take his side and deny Finklestein tenure. It is likely that Dershowitz's fame played a large part in this.

It does appear Finklestein was denied tenure here unfairly, and I don't support that. However, as you well know as someone in academia, there is a MUCH greater issue surrounding conservative professors being unable to advance through the system (or even get hired in the first place), and ideological censorship at the university level goes back a few decades. Only now are mainstream Democrats starting to catch up and are warming to the idea of suppression of right-wing politicians and speech.

I will say that Finklestein was wrong. In that video you posted (which was from 2009), Finklestein claimed several times that there "is no new anti-Semitism" from the left, and that it's "pure fabrication." He said that some were "turning Israel and supporters into the victims", and that there's basically no such thing as left-wing anti-Semitism.

Again, this was in 2009. Now, 12 years later, we can see that indeed a left-wing anti-Semitism has risen in the US, and the Israeli/Palestinian conflict is being used as an excuse to created hatred for Israel and Jews. The new anti-Semitism excuses secular left-wing Jews from such hatred, but pretty much every other type of Jew is vilified, especially ones who like Israel. The BDS movement is borne from anti-Semitism. The rise of open anti-Semitic major politicians such as Rashida Tlaib and Ilham Omar shows that the left is no longer concerned with anti-Semitism, and in fact welcomes it. Ever since 9/11, Arabs have far eclipsed Jews on the left-wing victim totem pole.

You may or may not have seen this, but in December 2019, Trump made an executive order to force universities to investigate allegations of anti-Semitism the same way it would other forms of claimed discrimination. This was opposed by the left, because they knew that modern anti-Semitism on college campuses typically came from left-wing types -- those who hid behind "opposition to Israeli policy" to harass Jews. However, not wanting to admit this being the real reason they opposed it, there were laughable editorials claiming that Trumps' executive order itself was anti-Semitic. Why? Because they claimed it would validate white supremacist's belief that Jews weren't really white, and their inclusion in Title VI anti-discrimination law would simply increase white supremacist activity against them. LOL!!! How many white supremacists do you see roaming the halls of academia?

It was also at that moment when I lost respect for a lot of secular left-wing Jews. Shortly after this order, I read column after column from ethnic Jews who had long abandoned Judaism, swearing that this order was proof that Trump was an anti-Semite. These were Jews actually writing columns that it's a bad thing to require universities to protect Jews from anti-Semitism. Oy vey! Reminded me all too much of the Jewish collaborators during WWII. Their allegiance to the extreme left was so strong that they were actually selling out their own people.

Comments

The Shrink: Excellent response. Thank you.

OSA: chefs kiss and couldn't be more right

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

This was a very rare case where the right canceled the left at the university level. As you well know, American universities are almost all very left politically, and any ideological censorship/persecution comes against those on the right.

The Finklestein case, which occurred from 2004-2007, was an unusual situation where Dershowitz was able to convince some administrators to take his side and deny Finklestein tenure. It is likely that Dershowitz's fame played a large part in this.

It does appear Finklestein was denied tenure here unfairly, and I don't support that. However, as you well know as someone in academia, there is a MUCH greater issue surrounding conservative professors being unable to advance through the system (or even get hired in the first place), and ideological censorship at the university level goes back a few decades. Only now are mainstream Democrats starting to catch up and are warming to the idea of suppression of right-wing politicians and speech.

I will say that Finklestein was wrong. In that video you posted (which was from 2009), Finklestein claimed several times that there "is no new anti-Semitism" from the left, and that it's "pure fabrication." He said that some were "turning Israel and supporters into the victims", and that there's basically no such thing as left-wing anti-Semitism.

Again, this was in 2009. Now, 12 years later, we can see that indeed a left-wing anti-Semitism has risen in the US, and the Israeli/Palestinian conflict is being used as an excuse to created hatred for Israel and Jews. The new anti-Semitism excuses secular left-wing Jews from such hatred, but pretty much every other type of Jew is vilified, especially ones who like Israel. The BDS movement is borne from anti-Semitism. The rise of open anti-Semitic major politicians such as Rashida Tlaib and Ilham Omar shows that the left is no longer concerned with anti-Semitism, and in fact welcomes it. Ever since 9/11, Arabs have far eclipsed Jews on the left-wing victim totem pole.

You may or may not have seen this, but in December 2019, Trump made an executive order to force universities to investigate allegations of anti-Semitism the same way it would other forms of claimed discrimination. This was opposed by the left, because they knew that modern anti-Semitism on college campuses typically came from left-wing types -- those who hid behind "opposition to Israeli policy" to harass Jews. However, not wanting to admit this being the real reason they opposed it, there were laughable editorials claiming that Trumps' executive order itself was anti-Semitic. Why? Because they claimed it would validate white supremacist's belief that Jews weren't really white, and their inclusion in Title VI anti-discrimination law would simply increase white supremacist activity against them. LOL!!! How many white supremacists do you see roaming the halls of academia?

It was also at that moment when I lost respect for a lot of secular left-wing Jews. Shortly after this order, I read column after column from ethnic Jews who had long abandoned Judaism, swearing that this order was proof that Trump was an anti-Semite. These were Jews actually writing columns that it's a bad thing to require universities to protect Jews from anti-Semitism. Oy vey! Reminded me all too much of the Jewish collaborators during WWII. Their allegiance to the extreme left was so strong that they were actually selling out their own people.
    Thanks for taking the time to write this response Druff. Very informative. In Canadian universities (at least in my experience), anti-Semitism isn't as prominent an issue as it appears to be in the U.S.

I would have to think that Finkelstein wouldn't have the same problems if his case occurred today instead of 13 years ago.

Comments

garrett: lol this guy is pretty smart haha...

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Disneyland to make over Splash Mountain and Jungle Cruise due to supposed "racism":

Dumb.

https://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...-jungle-cruise

https://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...s-and-the-frog

They already ruined Pirates of the Caribbean due to "sexism". Remember the funny scenes of men chasing hot chicks and then a bride chasing a man who doesn't want to get married? Now it's a man chasing food. Yawn.

Woke Disney sucks.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    This thread will chronicle various outrageous acts of cancel culture. There's lot of examples from the past few years, but we will stick to events in the past week, and ones going forward.

Spotify employees are threatening to go on strike if the network doesn't censor Joe Rogan content:

https://www.barstoolsports.com/blog/...rogans-content

BTW, these oppressed Spotify employees earn $125k "plus considerable perks and benefits". The company should just fire them and hire replacements.
    heard about this...you cannot be more fucking retarded if you tried...

what these people fail to realize is that they are eminently replaceable...they are not special even though they probably have been told that by their parents...they are just basically middle management cogs in this organization who can be replaced at the drop of a hat and the organization will keep on chugging...

doing shit like this at record low unemployment, fucking retarded...doing this shit in the middle of one of the worst job markets in the last century, we might have a little downs in our system...

spotify if you read this, i'd be willing to come out of retirement for this kinda gig...i won't pull this bullshit and i'll figure out how to make you a pile...TIA...

Load Metric
    So funny how they want to sensor JRE and a large portion of the music on there is rapey rap with a sprinkling homophobia.
    all hail Hydra

Originally Posted by DanDruff:Since I'm a 6'2" Republican with an average-sized nose and a last name which doesn't end with "stein", "man", or "berg", I can hide among the goyim and remain undetected unless I open my mouth about money matters.

Load Metric

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    A week old, but I hadn't mentioned it here yet.

Politico, a supposedly neutral site covering politics, actually did something ballsy and invited Ben Shapiro to write for their "Playbook" section for a single day as a guest. They're currently inviting a series of well-known guest writers to Playbook, most of whom are on the left.

Politico staff ABSOLUTELY FREAKED OUT about Shapiro being allowed to write for Playbook, and the majority of the staff there was so upset that they had to have a company-wide ZOOM meeting to calm the snowflakes down.

To their credit, the staff at Politico wouldn't back down on the Shapiro matter, and had him as the columnist anyway. However, they had to coddle and gladhandle their staff, gently telling each of them that Politico has to give space to an evil conservative like Shapiro every so often.

Here's a writeup from the left-wing Daily Beast site about it, confirming all of this happened: https://www.thedailybeast.com/politi...er-ben-shapiro

That's really today's left in a nutshell. While there are still some (such as the editors at Politico) who believe in some semblance of ideological diversity, the vast majority of those working in mainstream media -- even supposedly centrist mainstream media -- simply do not. Keep in mind that Shapiro is not a fake-news pusher or conspiracy theorist. He's just an outspoken conservative, and most of the staff at Politico felt it was a huge sin to have him as a columnist for a single day.

Wow.

Load Metric

Thumbs up

Under Armour is next go woke...

https://www.breitbart.com/sports/202...tion-programs/

According to the Outkick, a whistleblower is reporting that the sportswear giant has mandated that employees take a so-called “anti-racism” course entitled “Above the Surface: Dominant White Progressive Narratives” that urges white employees to examine how they might be racist.

Under Armour “forced its white employees to participate in a training program that asked them to consider ways in which they might be racist.”

The course’s moderator even reportedly asked white employees how many “virtually all-white” funerals they had attended during their lives, insisting that not going to a minority funeral may prove the employee is racist. After asking that question, the moderator quickly interrupted, saying that she didn’t want to give whites time to think of their answer. She then told white employees that the question “should be something that you are thinking about if you are white for the rest of your life.”

Load Metric
    I mean what's wrong with this though, it's an Athleticwear company diversity I'm sure is very much all around it.

To extend to your employees, white black whatever color sensitivity training of sorts. Should be expected really. And as a company wholly its defiantly beneficial to your Teams efficiency, effectiveness and probably togetherness. So I see this no matter how you spin it as a beneficial thing for any company, especially one in Athletics like Under Amour is and diversity is a very, very large part of that all entirely.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Interesting that they only want their white employees not to be racist. Other races, keep on keepin on.

Comments

desertrunner:

Load Metric
    Seen at my grocery store tonight:

Name:  235657e2-bb8d-4a17-9423-b03d319d266c-BenJerry.jpg
Views: 553
Size:  71.1 KB

Team Retard going to starve naked in the desert with all these food and apparel companies gettin' woke

Cry more faggots!
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post

Team Retard going to starve naked in the desert with all these food and apparel companies gettin' woke

Cry more idiotics!

At least Ben n Jerry's was a woke company long before Team Feelings required it of corporations everywhere. I actually give them a pass, because it's either genuine or part of their brand (or both).

I bet Oreos are now the preferred cookie in the Sloopy Joe household, now that they've declared themselves the Official Cookie of Tranny Blowers™.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post

Cry more faggots!
    Ben & Jerry's sucks now. When they got bought out they replaced all their homemade-style quality ingredients with garbage.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmarefish View Post
    Interesting that they only want their white employees not to be racist. Other races, keep on keepin on.
    You forget that in CRT guidebooks, they literally say it is impossible for black people to be racist.

#science

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmarefish View Post
    You forget that in CRT guidebooks, they literally say it is impossible for black people to be racist.

#science
    If you think blacks can't be racist then try walking your white ass thru the Westside of Chicago.
    POKER FAG ALERT! FOR BLOW JOB SEE SLOPPY JOE THE TRANNIE HO.

Thread Information