Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: *** OFFICIAL *** Cancel Culture and Corporate Wokeness Thread

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

*** OFFICIAL *** Cancel Culture and Corporate Wokeness Thread

This thread will chronicle various outrageous acts of cancel culture. There's lot of examples from the past few years, but we will stick to events in the past week, and ones going forward.

Spotify employees are threatening to go on strike if the network doesn't censor Joe Rogan content:

https://www.barstoolsports.com/blog/...rogans-content

BTW, these oppressed Spotify employees earn $125k "plus considerable perks and benefits". The company should just fire them and hire replacements.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Adult Swim has decided to permanently remove various episodes of both "Aqua Teen Hunger Force" and "The Boondocks", for supposed "racial insensitivity".

The problem?

Among other things, "The Boondocks" is made by Aaron McGruder, a left-wing black man. Somehow he's a racist, and white liberals need to protect the world from him. Unbelievable.

https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/adu...es-1234786221/

Load Metric
    How are we defining "cancel culture" here?

I'm curious whether you think Norman Finkelstein was "cancelled".

Serious question. I assume that as a conservative Jewish person you don't share Dr. Finkelstein's views on Israel-Palestine relations. I'll be honest, I'm really uninformed about it.

What are your thoughts on Finkelstein and Alan Dershowitz' smear campaign that drove Finkelstein out of academia? Was it an example of "cancel culture"?

Comments

garrett: lol, adding elements of 'Academia' to argument haha nice...

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    This thread will chronicle various outrageous acts of cancel culture. There's lot of examples from the past few years, but we will stick to events in the past week, and ones going forward.

Spotify employees are threatening to go on strike if the network doesn't censor Joe Rogan content:

https://www.barstoolsports.com/blog/...rogans-content

BTW, these oppressed Spotify employees earn $125k "plus considerable perks and benefits". The company should just fire them and hire replacements.
    heard about this...you cannot be more fucking retarded if you tried...

what these people fail to realize is that they are eminently replaceable...they are not special even though they probably have been told that by their parents...they are just basically middle management cogs in this organization who can be replaced at the drop of a hat and the organization will keep on chugging...

doing shit like this at record low unemployment, fucking retarded...doing this shit in the middle of one of the worst job markets in the last century, we might have a little downs in our system...

spotify if you read this, i'd be willing to come out of retirement for this kinda gig...i won't pull this bullshit and i'll figure out how to make you a pile...TIA...

Load Metric
    So funny how they want to sensor JRE and a large portion of the music on there is rapey rap with a sprinkling homophobia.
    all hail Hydra

Originally Posted by DanDruff:Since I'm a 6'2" Republican with an average-sized nose and a last name which doesn't end with "stein", "man", or "berg", I can hide among the goyim and remain undetected unless I open my mouth about money matters.

Load Metric

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    A week old, but I hadn't mentioned it here yet.

Politico, a supposedly neutral site covering politics, actually did something ballsy and invited Ben Shapiro to write for their "Playbook" section for a single day as a guest. They're currently inviting a series of well-known guest writers to Playbook, most of whom are on the left.

Politico staff ABSOLUTELY FREAKED OUT about Shapiro being allowed to write for Playbook, and the majority of the staff there was so upset that they had to have a company-wide ZOOM meeting to calm the snowflakes down.

To their credit, the staff at Politico wouldn't back down on the Shapiro matter, and had him as the columnist anyway. However, they had to coddle and gladhandle their staff, gently telling each of them that Politico has to give space to an evil conservative like Shapiro every so often.

Here's a writeup from the left-wing Daily Beast site about it, confirming all of this happened: https://www.thedailybeast.com/politi...er-ben-shapiro

That's really today's left in a nutshell. While there are still some (such as the editors at Politico) who believe in some semblance of ideological diversity, the vast majority of those working in mainstream media -- even supposedly centrist mainstream media -- simply do not. Keep in mind that Shapiro is not a fake-news pusher or conspiracy theorist. He's just an outspoken conservative, and most of the staff at Politico felt it was a huge sin to have him as a columnist for a single day.

Wow.

Speedster Out of Clemson adamantium's Avatar
    Load Metric

Politico, a supposedly neutral site covering politics, actually did something ballsy and invited Ben Shapiro to write for their "Playbook" section for a single day as a guest. They're currently inviting a series of well-known guest writers to Playbook, most of whom are on the left.

Politico staff ABSOLUTELY FREAKED OUT about Shapiro being allowed to write for Playbook, and the majority of the staff there was so upset that they had to have a company-wide ZOOM meeting to calm the snowflakes down.

To their credit, the staff at Politico wouldn't back down on the Shapiro matter, and had him as the columnist anyway. However, they had to coddle and gladhandle their staff, gently telling each of them that Politico has to give space to an evil conservative like Shapiro every so often.

Here's a writeup from the left-wing Daily Beast site about it, confirming all of this happened: https://www.thedailybeast.com/politi...er-ben-shapiro

That's really today's left in a nutshell. While there are still some (such as the editors at Politico) who believe in some semblance of ideological diversity, the vast majority of those working in mainstream media -- even supposedly centrist mainstream media -- simply do not. Keep in mind that Shapiro is not a fake-news pusher or conspiracy theorist. He's just an outspoken conservative, and most of the staff at Politico felt it was a huge sin to have him as a columnist for a single day.

Wow.
    ideological diversity? He was about to be shitcanned by his employer if he didnt stop peddling election fraud
    Slava Ukraini!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by adamantium View Post

Wow.
    ideological diversity? He was about to be shitcanned by his employer if he didnt stop peddling election fraud
    What are you talking about?

I've been watching him every day for about 6 months now. He has never peddled election fraud, and in fact was one of the conservatives saying that the evidence needs to support it, and that he wasn't seeing such evidence.

Also, he's his own employer (he co-owns Daily Wire, and is the biggest percentage owner), so it doesn't look likely anyone was going to "shitcan" him. You must be thinking of someone else.

Load Metric

I've been watching him every day for about 6 months now. He has never peddled election fraud, and in fact was one of the conservatives saying that the evidence needs to support it, and that he wasn't seeing such evidence.

Also, he's his own employer (he co-owns Daily Wire, and is the biggest percentage owner), so it doesn't look likely anyone was going to "shitcan" him. You must be thinking of someone else.
    lol yeah, I thought he was his own boss

Load Metric

Cumulus Media, a talk radio company with a roster of popular right-wing personalities including Dan Bongino, Mark Levin and Ben Shapiro, has ordered its employees at 416 stations nationwide to steer clear of endorsing misinformation about election fraud or using language that promotes violent protest.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/11/b...ino-levin.html

Slava Ukraini!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    That's not his employer. It's a third party company which acts as an affiliate and carries his show in various places. They could drop him and he'd be totally fine.

I can tell you that he hasn't pushed election fraud, and any article which says he has is lying.

Load Metric
    That's not his employer. It's a third party company which acts as an affiliate and carries his show in various places. They could drop him and he'd be totally fine.

I can tell you that he hasn't pushed election fraud, and any article which says he has is lying.
    LOL he would be fine? wtf has that got to do with anything.
    Look at the video, clearly he debunks election fraud
    Slava Ukraini!

Load Metric

Look at the video, clearly he debunks election fraud

Comments

garrett: lol impeccable

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by The Shrink View Post
    How are we defining "cancel culture" here?

I'm curious whether you think Norman Finkelstein was "cancelled".

Serious question. I assume that as a conservative Jewish person you don't share Dr. Finkelstein's views on Israel-Palestine relations. I'll be honest, I'm really uninformed about it.

What are your thoughts on Finkelstein and Alan Dershowitz' smear campaign that drove Finkelstein out of academia? Was it an example of "cancel culture"?

Forgot about this thread before it was recently bumped.

Druff, I'm still curious about your thoughts on the Finkelstein case.

Load Metric

Look at the video, clearly he gives airtime to a frivolous claim of election fraud
    FYP.

This is solid evidence that Druff is either lying about watching Shapiro “every day for about 6 months now” or intentionally misrepresenting how Shapiro gave a supporting platform to the election fraud lie with coverage of this “Shocking Viral Video” on the matter.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric

You should be cancelled for putting out this false information (fake news). But your liberal privilege saves you.
    POKER FAG ALERT! POKER FAG ALERT! FOR GAY SEX CONTACT SLOPPY JOE.

Load Metric
    Looks like woke Twitter cancelled the Supreme Leader of Iran just for tweeting this picture:

Name:  e2241ab2736da95b98e2da0b40491187.png
Views: 959
Size:  1.01 MB

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post

Look at the video, clearly he gives airtime to a frivolous claim of election fraud
    FYP.

This is solid evidence that Druff is either lying about watching Shapiro “every day for about 6 months now” or intentionally misrepresenting how Shapiro gave a supporting platform to the election fraud lie with coverage of this “Shocking Viral Video” on the matter.
    I have watched him every day for 6 months. I didn't see the clip adamantium posted at the time, because it was part of his premium content back then, and I only watch the free stuff. He must have released that clip a short time later.

Anyway, I can assure you that Shapiro was not an "election fraud" guy, and his opinion on the election is very similar to mine. The Georgia tape he talked about in that video was the one thing he gave some degree of possible credibility to (he had mentioned this on his free show at the time), but he also frequently noted that Georgia alone wouldn't give Trump the election, and that no other states had any credible allegations.

Seriously, Mumlbes, go watch some of Ben Shapiro's videos at the time, and you'll see he wasn't pushing election misinformation.

Thread Information