Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: *** OFFICIAL *** Cancel Culture and Corporate Wokeness Thread

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gimmick View Post
    Wait for the second round of free press when 6 books no one gave a fuck return to print with revisions. You know after their single biggest sales day.
    So are you going on record saying that this isn't cancel culture at all, but rather a shrewdly calculated move to create attention and demand?

While that would be brilliant on their part, recent corporate history says that this is just another case of spinelessness.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Wait for the second round of free press when 6 books no one gave a fuck return to print with revisions. You know after their single biggest sales day.
    So are you going on record saying that this isn't cancel culture at all, but rather a shrewdly calculated move to create attention and demand?

While that would be brilliant on their part, recent corporate history says that this is just another case of spinelessness.
    Well cancel culture is mostly made up controversy so take it how you want.

Do you think Geisel revising his own work in the 80s is cancel culture? Times change, people change, if you wanna stay relevant, wanna guess what you need to do. And go figure, market rewards you for it.

My guess is they had plans for revised editions well before they broke the news.

Load Metric
    Like i said before cancel culture is just another FOTM word for The Right.

Pick a neutral non partisan concept. Define or redefine a new word for it that mostly hits The Left and has a built in negative connotation. Yay right-wing intellectuals. And yea half of this shit they stole from the left, like Political Correctness or SJW, because being original is just too hard.

Why the fuck should any non retard play along with that?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Do you think Geisel revising his own work in the 80s is cancel culture? Times change, people change, if you wanna stay relevant, wanna guess what you need to do. And go figure, market rewards you for it.

My guess is they had plans for revised editions well before they broke the news.

You seem to have a hard time with understanding the concept of cancel culture. I think it's intentional, because to understand it means you have to also reevaluate a lot of your far left views.

Anyone has a right to go back and reevaluate past work, and modify it if they no longer like it. If Geisel was told in 1985 that some of his work was insensitive or out of step with the times, and he thought about it and agreed, then that's not cancel culture. That's someone receiving constructive criticism, reevaluating their own work, and modifying it.

Cancel culture occurs when changes are made to a past work due to fear of consequences, rather than an actual change in beliefs. I doubt that Dr. Seuss' current ownership really feels that Asian guys wearing funny hats is offensive or horribly racist. However, after receiving increasing complaints from the woke mob, they saw controversy coming, so they offered six books as a sacrifice in order to appease these people. That's cancel culture.

See the difference?

Load Metric

You seem to have a hard time with understanding the concept of cancel culture. I think it's intentional, because to understand it means you have to also reevaluate a lot of your far left views.

Anyone has a right to go back and reevaluate past work, and modify it if they no longer like it. If Geisel was told in 1985 that some of his work was insensitive or out of step with the times, and he thought about it and agreed, then that's not cancel culture. That's someone receiving constructive criticism, reevaluating their own work, and modifying it.

Cancel culture occurs when changes are made to a past work due to fear of consequences, rather than an actual change in beliefs. I doubt that Dr. Seuss' current ownership really feels that Asian guys wearing funny hats is offensive or horribly racist. However, after receiving increasing complaints from the woke mob, they saw controversy coming, so they offered six books as a sacrifice in order to appease these people. That's cancel culture.

See the difference?
    A lot of far-leftists are having trouble recognizing that they have more in common right now with fundamentalist Christians than the average American. One side used the bible to stifle art and opinions, the other has 13 random twitter comments printed out to do the same. Horseshoe theory at its finest.

Load Metric

See the difference?
    So you decided to choose on behalf of Geisel's living relatives what they believe. Cool cool.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

See the difference?
    So you decided to choose on behalf of Geisel's living relatives what they believe. Cool cool.
    No, I decided to use common sense.

Geisel's relatives came to "believe" six books needed to be self-banned, coincidentally at the exact moment when the woke mob had been hassling and pressuring them about "racism" in Dr. Seuss books.

Load Metric

Pick a neutral non partisan concept. Define or redefine a new word for it that mostly hits The Left and has a built in negative connotation. Yay right-wing intellectuals. And yea half of this shit they stole from the left, like Political Correctness or SJW, because being original is just too hard.

When it comes to tardness you are right up there with them. You have a lot of fellow libtards now warning everyone about cancel culture. Bill Maher, for example. There goes your whole false narrative.
    POKER FAG ALERT! FOR BLOW JOB SEE SLOPPY JOE THE TRANNIE HO.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post

When it comes to tardness you are right up there with them. You have a lot of fellow libtards now warning everyone about cancel culture. Bill Maher, for example. There goes your whole false narrative.
    You don't say that host of Politically Incorrect is crying about cancel culture. Never saw that coming.

Load Metric

No, I decided to use common sense.

Geisel's relatives came to "believe" six books needed to be self-banned, coincidentally at the exact moment when the woke mob had been hassling and pressuring them about "racism" in Dr. Seuss books.
    The exact moment has been going on for years or in some cases decades as i've already shown in this thread.

Saying you decided to use common sense is exactly same as you decided. My common sense said to me the exact opposite of what you said. I don't even care what you said. Just how my common sense works.

Load Metric
    And this discussion is fucking pointless. That became apparent when the common sense card was played. I'll bump this thread when the reprints are announced. I'm sure your response then is that no one could see that coming.

Load Metric
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    Why are you concerning yourself with the once and possibly future president of the United States criticizing and canceling the architect of the movement every Trumpster here over 35 once used to champion, before they became RINOs. This Trumpism is just a tea party that will blow over. Don’t you recall when the tea party had 70% of registered republicans believing conspiracy theories and election lies?

You need to prioritize. That is nothing. To be handwaved away.

The real war is a bunch of nerds on twitter bitching about Aunt Jemima and Dr Seuss and those companies saying fuck it, not worth the headache, and no future in it.

Don’t you know real America fight to keep early 20th century caricatures on syrup? That is real America. That’s a man’s man. I want my grandkids to have the old black lady on syrup some day and that’s the hill I’ll day on.

Real men fight about syrup and children’s books. Only cucks care about authoritarians taking over an entire political movement and brainwashing a hundred million heavily armed tards. The real battle lines are syrup, interracial commercials, obscure children’s books from a guy who wrote a hundred, that’s what real men fight for. Plus those masks. Real men can’t be forced to wear a mask when they run into stores. Those men who stormed Normandy would have never been able to handle a mask for 15 minutes in a Whole Foods. That’s real tyranny.

Nothing more alpha that fighting over kids books and posting memes. Don’t be a soy boy and show any common courtesy because it’s no big deal to wear a mask and be courteous whether it works or not. That’s weakness. Join the alpha meme army and fight the twitter mobs. That’s the real fight.

Comments

Walter Sobchak: all bow before BCR

dwai: total drug addict material

gimmick:
    Last edited by BCR; 03-04-2021 at 11:51 PM.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    Why are you concerning yourself with the once and possibly future president of the United States criticizing and canceling the architect of the movement every Trumpster here over 35 once used to champion, before they became RINOs. This Trumpism is just a tea party that will blow over. Don’t you recall when the tea party had 70% of registered republicans believing conspiracy theories and election lies?

The real war is a bunch of nerds on twitter bitching about Aunt Jemima and Dr Seuss and those companies saying fuck it, not worth the headache, and no future in it.

Don’t you know real America fight to keep early 20th century caricatures on syrup? That is real America. That’s a man’s man. I want my grandkids to have the old black lady on syrup some day and that’s the hill I’ll day on.

Real men fight about syrup and children’s books. Only cucks care about authoritarians taking over an entire political movement and brainwashing a hundred million heavily armed tards. The real battle lines are syrup, interracial commercials, obscure children’s books from a guy who wrote a hundred, that’s what real men fight for. Plus those masks. Real men can’t be forced to wear a mask when they run into stores. Those men who stormed Normandy would have never been able to handle a mask for 15 minutes in a Whole Foods. That’s real tyranny.

Nothing more alpha that fighting over kids books and posting memes. Don’t be a soy boy and show any common courtesy because it’s no big deal to wear a mask and be courteous whether it works or not. That’s weakness. Join the alpha meme army and fight the twitter mobs. That’s the real fight.
    Druff is this true?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post

You don't say that host of Politically Incorrect is crying about cancel culture. Never saw that coming.
    Are you stupid enough to believe Maher is a right winger?

Load Metric
    Gotta love Team Retard.

Name:  
Views: 
Size:
    May we put the illegals up at your house? Make your house a sanctuary house?

Load Metric
    Jimmy Kimmel says cancel culture will lead to Trump's victory the next time around:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1367620091198734338

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post

Nobody is fighting about "syrup and children's books". We are fighting against a major cultural shift where it's become standard to be hypersensitive about everything, and wipe off the face of the earth anything or anyone that offends a tiny percentage of the population (unless you're making fun of right-wingers, Christians, and/or white people).

I thought your position was that you hated SJWs and the extreme left, but hated Trump and his followers even more.

If that's still true, shouldn't you condemn shit like this, while also condemning the things you hate about Trump and Republicans? It's not either/or. Both can be done at once. Bill Maher is a good example of this.

It's not really fair to say "Why do you care about X because I deem Y to be more important." That's a sleight-of-hand trick used by the left nowadays, where they first cancel something because it's supposedly evil, awful, and bad, and then yell at Republicans for "caring" about their actions. Huh?

Comments

nightmarefish:

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    The Trump/Rove stuff really belongs in the "Republican Civil War" thread, but whatever.

There's really nothing much to see here. Rove railed against the Tea Party after they tossed away 5 winnable Senate seats in 2010. He drew controversy then among the far right, and the same thing is happening today.

Rove is a strategist. He didn't like Trump's CPAC speech because Trump was mainly bitching about how he was wronged. I agree with Rove, just like I agreed with him about the Tea Party.

The path to Republican victory is to point out the repeated extremity and foolishness of the left. The path to Republican failure is pushing conspiracy theories and whining about the 2020 election. Rove wants the former, and apparently Trump wants the latter.

This has nothing to do with cancel culture, and everything to do with the direction of the Republican Party in the 2020s.

Thread Information