Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: *** OFFICIAL *** Cancel Culture and Corporate Wokeness Thread

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by adamantium View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    That's not his employer. It's a third party company which acts as an affiliate and carries his show in various places. They could drop him and he'd be totally fine.

I can tell you that he hasn't pushed election fraud, and any article which says he has is lying.
    LOL he would be fine? wtf has that got to do with anything.
    Look at the video, clearly he debunks election fraud
    You said that his "employer threatened to shitcan" him, which isn't true. He distributes his media to a wide variety of sources, and one of those third party sources gave a blanket warning to all conservative hosts that they need to quit with election fraud claims.

They weren't really directing that at Shapiro, as he wasn't an "election fraud" conspiracy pusher, whereas many other conservative media figures were. I don't know if you remember this, but I complained in November that I was annoyed with a lot of the conservative media figures who WERE pushing election conspiracy stuff, just for ratings and clicks. Steven Crowder, whose show I used to love and look forward to on a daily basis, mostly pushed me away as a viewer because he went on with this BS for a long time. The most annoying thing was that I knew Crowder didn't really believe it, but was just trying to pander to his viewers, which is a crappy look. He didn't use to be that way.

What I enjoyed about Shapiro was that he logically analyzed it and gave a very reasonable opinion about all of it. His general take was, "Any claims of voter fraud should be investigated, but they shouldn't get any credibility until we see convincing evidence."

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by The Shrink View Post
    How are we defining "cancel culture" here?

I'm curious whether you think Norman Finkelstein was "cancelled".

Serious question. I assume that as a conservative Jewish person you don't share Dr. Finkelstein's views on Israel-Palestine relations. I'll be honest, I'm really uninformed about it.

What are your thoughts on Finkelstein and Alan Dershowitz' smear campaign that drove Finkelstein out of academia? Was it an example of "cancel culture"?
    This was a very rare case where the right canceled the left at the university level. As you well know, American universities are almost all very left politically, and any ideological censorship/persecution comes against those on the right.

The Finklestein case, which occurred from 2004-2007, was an unusual situation where Dershowitz was able to convince some administrators to take his side and deny Finklestein tenure. It is likely that Dershowitz's fame played a large part in this.

It does appear Finklestein was denied tenure here unfairly, and I don't support that. However, as you well know as someone in academia, there is a MUCH greater issue surrounding conservative professors being unable to advance through the system (or even get hired in the first place), and ideological censorship at the university level goes back a few decades. Only now are mainstream Democrats starting to catch up and are warming to the idea of suppression of right-wing politicians and speech.

I will say that Finklestein was wrong. In that video you posted (which was from 2009), Finklestein claimed several times that there "is no new anti-Semitism" from the left, and that it's "pure fabrication." He said that some were "turning Israel and supporters into the victims", and that there's basically no such thing as left-wing anti-Semitism.

Again, this was in 2009. Now, 12 years later, we can see that indeed a left-wing anti-Semitism has risen in the US, and the Israeli/Palestinian conflict is being used as an excuse to created hatred for Israel and Jews. The new anti-Semitism excuses secular left-wing Jews from such hatred, but pretty much every other type of Jew is vilified, especially ones who like Israel. The BDS movement is borne from anti-Semitism. The rise of open anti-Semitic major politicians such as Rashida Tlaib and Ilham Omar shows that the left is no longer concerned with anti-Semitism, and in fact welcomes it. Ever since 9/11, Arabs have far eclipsed Jews on the left-wing victim totem pole.

You may or may not have seen this, but in December 2019, Trump made an executive order to force universities to investigate allegations of anti-Semitism the same way it would other forms of claimed discrimination. This was opposed by the left, because they knew that modern anti-Semitism on college campuses typically came from left-wing types -- those who hid behind "opposition to Israeli policy" to harass Jews. However, not wanting to admit this being the real reason they opposed it, there were laughable editorials claiming that Trumps' executive order itself was anti-Semitic. Why? Because they claimed it would validate white supremacist's belief that Jews weren't really white, and their inclusion in Title VI anti-discrimination law would simply increase white supremacist activity against them. LOL!!! How many white supremacists do you see roaming the halls of academia?

It was also at that moment when I lost respect for a lot of secular left-wing Jews. Shortly after this order, I read column after column from ethnic Jews who had long abandoned Judaism, swearing that this order was proof that Trump was an anti-Semite. These were Jews actually writing columns that it's a bad thing to require universities to protect Jews from anti-Semitism. Oy vey! Reminded me all too much of the Jewish collaborators during WWII. Their allegiance to the extreme left was so strong that they were actually selling out their own people.

Comments

The Shrink: Excellent response. Thank you.

OSA: chefs kiss and couldn't be more right

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by The Shrink View Post
    How are we defining "cancel culture" here?

I'm curious whether you think Norman Finkelstein was "cancelled".

Serious question. I assume that as a conservative Jewish person you don't share Dr. Finkelstein's views on Israel-Palestine relations. I'll be honest, I'm really uninformed about it.

What are your thoughts on Finkelstein and Alan Dershowitz' smear campaign that drove Finkelstein out of academia? Was it an example of "cancel culture"?
    This was a very rare case where the right canceled the left at the university level. As you well know, American universities are almost all very left politically, and any ideological censorship/persecution comes against those on the right.

The Finklestein case, which occurred from 2004-2007, was an unusual situation where Dershowitz was able to convince some administrators to take his side and deny Finklestein tenure. It is likely that Dershowitz's fame played a large part in this.

It does appear Finklestein was denied tenure here unfairly, and I don't support that. However, as you well know as someone in academia, there is a MUCH greater issue surrounding conservative professors being unable to advance through the system (or even get hired in the first place), and ideological censorship at the university level goes back a few decades. Only now are mainstream Democrats starting to catch up and are warming to the idea of suppression of right-wing politicians and speech.

I will say that Finklestein was wrong. In that video you posted (which was from 2009), Finklestein claimed several times that there "is no new anti-Semitism" from the left, and that it's "pure fabrication." He said that some were "turning Israel and supporters into the victims", and that there's basically no such thing as left-wing anti-Semitism.

Again, this was in 2009. Now, 12 years later, we can see that indeed a left-wing anti-Semitism has risen in the US, and the Israeli/Palestinian conflict is being used as an excuse to created hatred for Israel and Jews. The new anti-Semitism excuses secular left-wing Jews from such hatred, but pretty much every other type of Jew is vilified, especially ones who like Israel. The BDS movement is borne from anti-Semitism. The rise of open anti-Semitic major politicians such as Rashida Tlaib and Ilham Omar shows that the left is no longer concerned with anti-Semitism, and in fact welcomes it. Ever since 9/11, Arabs have far eclipsed Jews on the left-wing victim totem pole.

You may or may not have seen this, but in December 2019, Trump made an executive order to force universities to investigate allegations of anti-Semitism the same way it would other forms of claimed discrimination. This was opposed by the left, because they knew that modern anti-Semitism on college campuses typically came from left-wing types -- those who hid behind "opposition to Israeli policy" to harass Jews. However, not wanting to admit this being the real reason they opposed it, there were laughable editorials claiming that Trumps' executive order itself was anti-Semitic. Why? Because they claimed it would validate white supremacist's belief that Jews weren't really white, and their inclusion in Title VI anti-discrimination law would simply increase white supremacist activity against them. LOL!!! How many white supremacists do you see roaming the halls of academia?

It was also at that moment when I lost respect for a lot of secular left-wing Jews. Shortly after this order, I read column after column from ethnic Jews who had long abandoned Judaism, swearing that this order was proof that Trump was an anti-Semite. These were Jews actually writing columns that it's a bad thing to require universities to protect Jews from anti-Semitism. Oy vey! Reminded me all too much of the Jewish collaborators during WWII. Their allegiance to the extreme left was so strong that they were actually selling out their own people.
    Thanks for taking the time to write this response Druff. Very informative. In Canadian universities (at least in my experience), anti-Semitism isn't as prominent an issue as it appears to be in the U.S.

I would have to think that Finkelstein wouldn't have the same problems if his case occurred today instead of 13 years ago.

Comments

garrett: lol this guy is pretty smart haha...

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Disneyland to make over Splash Mountain and Jungle Cruise due to supposed "racism":

Dumb.

https://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...-jungle-cruise

https://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...s-and-the-frog

They already ruined Pirates of the Caribbean due to "sexism". Remember the funny scenes of men chasing hot chicks and then a bride chasing a man who doesn't want to get married? Now it's a man chasing food. Yawn.

Woke Disney sucks.

Load Metric
    My Pillow Guy get's cancelled during an interview on NewsMax about being cancelled.

Load Metric
    Disneyland to make over Splash Mountain and Jungle Cruise due to supposed "racism":

Dumb.

https://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...-jungle-cruise

https://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...s-and-the-frog

They already ruined Pirates of the Caribbean due to "sexism". Remember the funny scenes of men chasing hot chicks and then a bride chasing a man who doesn't want to get married? Now it's a man chasing food. Yawn.

Woke Disney sucks.
    LOL what bullshit. Do they plan to cancel themselves entirely?

Name:  song-of-the-south-poster-getty.jpg
Views: 688
Size:  83.1 KB

Name:  t-donald-duck-disney-Der-Fuhrers-Face.jpg
Views: 466
Size:  314.5 KB

Name:  1270942_Wallpaper2_resized.jpg
Views: 447
Size:  27.6 KB

Name:  201016094800-restricted-01-disney-racist-warning-scli-intl-large-169.jpg
Views: 459
Size:  19.1 KB

Name:  dumbo.jpg
Views: 587
Size:  71.7 KB

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Yeah, great point Walter.

There is so much in Disney history which could be judged as "racist" or "sexist" by today's standards. Okay... then don't make current movies and attractions that way.

But cancelling the classics because they don't adhere to hypersensitive modern standards is so lame. It's not like any of this stuff has any kind of direct hate speech. Yeah, there's some stereotypes, but this is why you have modern discussions about how racial stereotyping is wrong, and cite these examples from the past as something considered inappropriate now. But erasing, modifying, or suppressing them? Pathetic.

Comments

splitthis:

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

There is so much in Disney history which could be judged as "racist" or "sexist" by today's standards. Okay... then don't make current movies and attractions that way.

But cancelling the classics because they don't adhere to hypersensitive modern standards is so lame. It's not like any of this stuff has any kind of direct hate speech. Yeah, there's some stereotypes, but this is why you have modern discussions about how racial stereotyping is wrong, and cite these examples from the past as something considered inappropriate now. But erasing, modifying, or suppressing them? Pathetic.
    The only people who are upset that racial stereotyping is going away are those who grew up with it (nostalgia) and those who still buy into it.

No kid hitting Disneyland for the first time gives a rat's ass about your memories one way or the other.
    Get over yourself, you are soon gone.

Load Metric
    Screen actors guild cancelled Trump because of the whole terrorist attack on the Capital thing. What is this world coming to, the guy was in Home Alone 2.

He resigned before they kicked him out so at least he didn't end up looking like an idiot.

Name:  45dbf795bd64acedb3727e96be841dab.png
Views: 420
Size:  231.1 KB
    Name:  942f826b2c2994356132cad3052df9cb.png
Views: 454
Size:  22.6 KB

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by duped_samaritan View Post
    My Pillow Guy get's cancelled during an interview on NewsMax about being cancelled.

Druff, how do you feel about Newsmax’s “canceling” of the MyPillow Guy? Shameful, no?
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Those damn Minnesotans. All I can hear when that dude talks in Jesse Ventura.

Load Metric
    remember when todge rightfully cancelled sonatine and we all were like ALOOOOOOOOOOOONG TIME COMING aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalooooooooooooooooooon g time comin but like in a old timey way

Load Metric
    Fox just cancelled Lou Dobbs, who had the highest ratings on Fox Business . Probably has something to do with that 2.7b libel suit.

What is this country coming to.

Load Metric
    LOL Fox News becoming emblematic of cancel culture.

Surely Druff is apoplectic given the triggers generated by Disney getting rid of racism in their rides.

Encouraging to see the right held accountable for their endless misinformation and lies.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    Fox just cancelled Lou Dobbs, who had the highest ratings on Fox Business . Probably has something to do with that 2.7b libel suit.

What is this country coming to.
    Why didn’t Fox News just plan to defend themselves against that suit like the way they did Tucker Carlson, i.e. by claiming that Lou Dobbs was just entertainment and not speaking the truth, and that his audience knew that it was just made up for shits and giggles?
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Someone on the staff at Commerce loved Lou Dobbs, as his show was often on one of the screens in the high limit room. This was actually a dumb choice, because with no sound, all you see is him sitting there moving his lips. Much better to have something like sports on the TV, which you can watch decently without sound.

I support the firing of hosts who intentionally spread misinformation or validate stupid conspiracy theories. (Of course, according to duped, "COVID came from a lab" is a stupid conspiracy theory, even though a lab being responsible for its spread is a very possible scenario!)

I always support the truth being broadcast, regardless of which party benefits from it. Unfortunately, the woke crowd gets super triggered by any truth which can be framed as "racist", "sexist", "homophobic", "transphobic", "Islamophobic", etc. So they do a lot of cancelling.

If you're in academia, try doing research on the negative effects of minors transitioning genders, and see what happens to your career. Or try giving an explanation about high crime rates in black neighborhoods without blaming it entirely on "systemic racism", and see what happens to you.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post

The only people who are upset that racial stereotyping is going away are those who grew up with it (nostalgia) and those who still buy into it.

No kid hitting Disneyland for the first time gives a rat's ass about your memories one way or the other.
    Get over yourself, you are soon gone.
    Racial stereotyping (identity politics) is not going away. The left has to have victims to insure they get the vote. So every person of color is designated a "victim" whether they want to be or not. "White supremacy" is the new boogieman of the left (since Trump is no longer available) to keep the minorities in fear and voting democrat.
    Last edited by mickeycrimm; 02-06-2021 at 07:30 PM.
    POKER FAG ALERT! POKER FAG ALERT! FOR GAY SEX CONTACT SLOPPY JOE.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    LOL Fox News becoming emblematic of cancel culture.

Surely Druff is apoplectic given the triggers generated by Disney getting rid of racism in their rides.

Encouraging to see the right held accountable for their endless misinformation and lies.
    Have to LOL at you woketard idiots that pushed the Russia Hoax for four years (everyday, all day long, for 1500 days in the mainstream news media) say someone else is peddling misinformation and lies. You woketards will climb to the top of a tree just to tell a lie rather than stand on the ground and tell the truth.
    POKER FAG ALERT! POKER FAG ALERT! FOR GAY SEX CONTACT SLOPPY JOE.

Load Metric
    (Of course, according to duped, "COVID came from a lab" is a stupid conspiracy theory, even though a lab being responsible for its spread is a very possible scenario!)
    Did you really think I wouldn't just quote what you actually claimed before being proven wrong and pivoting from 'it was made in a lab' to 'well you can't prove a lab wasn't somehow involved'?

smh.

Druff responding to a list of the top covid conspiracy theories:

How is Wuhan Lab/Bioweapon a "conspiracy"?

That's pretty much what really happened.

Jesus.

You don't think it was made in a lab?

Even the WHO has come around to admit this is a serious possibility, and are supposedly investigating.

Which is more likely? COVID being made in a Wuhan lab, or Jussie having been a victim of a racist attack?

This is called arguing in bad faith.

Load Metric

Name:  aj.JPG
Views: 584
Size:  55.8 KB

Thread Information