Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516

Thread: *** OFFICIAL *** Cancel Culture and Corporate Wokeness Thread

Puts His Dick in the Mashed Potatoes
    Load Metric
    Yeah I don't understand the uproar over "cancel culture". Last time I checked it's a sign of a healthy civilization to ostracize the dirt worst. It'd be much more concerning if a civilization embraced its terrible people and celebrated their terribleness. I mean we have a real world example of what happens when you don't cancel pieces of trash...it's called the modern day GOP and you get stuck with Jewish space laser nonsense, products of incest in congress, traitors plus more traitors, Ted Cruz, a self-admitted sex criminal as the leader, etc.

So long story short, quit being whiny snowflakes and don't be afraid to tell assholes to get fucked, especially when they're on your team.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by rum dick View Post
    Yeah I don't understand the uproar over "cancel culture". Last time I checked it's a sign of a healthy civilization to ostracize the dirt worst. It'd be much more concerning if a civilization embraced its terrible people and celebrated their terribleness. I mean we have a real world example of what happens when you don't cancel pieces of trash...it's called the modern day GOP and you get stuck with Jewish space laser nonsense, products of incest in congress, traitors plus more traitors, Ted Cruz, a self-admitted sex criminal as the leader, etc.

So long story short, quit being whiny snowflakes and don't be afraid to tell assholes to get fucked, especially when they're on your team.
    You literally don't understand what cancel culture is, or are pretending not to.

Cancel culture does not mean "consequences for doing or saying bad things", even if some who are facing such consequences try to wrongly blame "cancel culture" for their predicament.

Cancel culture is actually the punishment of people for expressing a differing viewpoint regarding social political issues, and suffering severe career and reputational consequences for expressing such viewpoints. Note that the viewpoints I'm talking about are ones held by a sizable portion of the population, not extreme fringe ones.

Another form of cancel culture involves extreme career/social consequences for a post/statement/tweet made in a different era, or when the person was a teenager.

Cancel culture can come for someone who is famous, or an ordinary person. For example, if I had a Silicon Valley tech job at this point (which would be very possible had I not found poker 20 years ago), and I expressed mainstream conservative views on Twitter, there's a good chance I'd be fired or denied promotions because of such views. That would also be cancel culture.

But don't take my word for it. Noam Chomsky and 150 other liberal intellectuals also recently decried cancel culture.

People on the left love to say, "It's not cancel culture to have to face the consequences for inappropriate things you say or do", because half are being intellectually dishonest, and the other half are morons.

Which one are you, rum dick?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rum dick View Post

You literally don't understand what cancel culture is, or are pretending not to.

Cancel culture does not mean "consequences for doing or saying bad things", even if some who are facing such consequences try to wrongly blame "cancel culture" for their predicament.

Cancel culture is actually the punishment of people for expressing a differing viewpoint regarding social political issues, and suffering severe career and reputational consequences for expressing such viewpoints. Note that the viewpoints I'm talking about are ones held by a sizable portion of the population, not extreme fringe ones.

Another form of cancel culture involves extreme career/social consequences for a post/statement/tweet made in a different era, or when the person was a teenager.

Cancel culture can come for someone who is famous, or an ordinary person. For example, if I had a Silicon Valley tech job at this point (which would be very possible had I not found poker 20 years ago), and I expressed mainstream conservative views on Twitter, there's a good chance I'd be fired or denied promotions because of such views. That would also be cancel culture.

But don't take my word for it. Noam Chomsky and 150 other liberal intellectuals also recently decried cancel culture.

People on the left love to say, "It's not cancel culture to have to face the consequences for inappropriate things you say or do", because half are being intellectually dishonest, and the other half are morons.

Which one are you, rum dick?

Intellectual Dishonesty is the hallmark of a Gringo Liberal.

Thread Information