Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Official September 29th 2020 Presidential Debate

Load Metric
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Well, Eric Froehlich has snapped.

If you needed one more final massive set of examples of who Trump is and what he stands for, well congratulations, you got it tonight! This means quite a bit, but one very important thing:

If you support Trump, I don't want you in my life. You could be my mother, my brother, my (what would now be former) best friend, or just someone I met once. It's not an acceptable thing. Making the mistake of voting for Trump 4 years ago sucks, but it's defensible. There are people who truly believed all the bullshit he said were jokes and lies, and I'm all for second chances. Everybody makes mistakes.

We all know for an undeniable fact that they were not jokes. They were not lies. He literally takes decisions and quotes out of the Hitler playbook on a regular basis. He refuses to believe science. He has killed an absurd number of people due to incompetence and greed.

He was asked point blank to denounce white supremacists. He would not. He dodged and deflected. The support of the KKK was too important to him to jeopardize.

I feel very strongly that being a Trump supporter and being a decent person are two things that absolutely can not co-exist. No exceptions.

I can understand why some people would still *want* to support Trump. I can understand believing in some Conservative fundamentals or believing that you'll get a better tax break for yourself...but there is nothing that is worth sacrificing the lives of so many.

To continuously show complete disregard for such a massive percentage of human life is monstrous. To show in front of the world such disrespect and disregard for Biden's son and his drug addiction, for people of color, for women, and for countless others...you can't support that and be a good person.

There's no more plausible deniability. You know exactly who he is, what he is, and what he stands for. And life is too short to have bad people in it.
    I find it absolutely crazy that anyone could not cut off family for it...family is not an excuse to be a terrible person. You can't give a damn about humanity and support Trump...they don't go hand in hand. There's no more denying that and no more "I didn't know what he was" excuses. I said I counted those as valid previously even tho so many knew what he was. Now it's beyond proven. To use a more extreme example, if a family member joined the KKK or a Nazi organization, they would also be cutoff, and this is on a similar level.
    These were/are posts from his Facebook. The posts are set to public (anyone can view, even non-friends), so I'm not violating his privacy by posting this. He meant for it to be seen by everyone.

Just wow.

I wonder if the "best friend" he abandoned is from poker. I guess it could also be someone from Magic who never made it over to poker. Obviously not Bonomo!

I thought maybe that "best friend" was Brock Parker, who is a longtime close friend of his, but they're still Facebook friends, so probably not.

Load Metric
    Ok I fell asleep lol....

So how many times did Trump say "Sleepy Joe" last night haha

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BiffCo99 View Post
    Enjoyed watching Trump completely eviscerate Biden with his alpha energy, and that was with scum Chris Wallace propping up Biden and slowing the pace down when things got too rough for poor old Joe.

Trump came off as strong and aggressive while Biden looked frail and weak. Trump’s constant interruptions was a great strategy as it didn’t allow Biden to get off any decent sound bites and read his prepared answers. He also got Joe to lose his cool a few times which was freaking awesome.

This show lived up to the hype, hopefully we get a Round 2.
    It was a clusterfuck.

Chris Wallace should have put an electrified collar on each one, then when they don't answer the question, they get an 50,000 volt shock.

Biden seemed very competent and cool.

Trump is an ignorant, belligerent, asshole who is making bullshit claims. Everything that Trump says is completely untrue.

No need for a round 2.
    It won't change anything.
    Trump is finished.
    Biden will be President.

Comments

Jayjami: Shock collars for round 2

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BiffCo99 View Post
    Enjoyed watching Trump completely eviscerate Biden with his alpha energy, and that was with scum Chris Wallace propping up Biden and slowing the pace down when things got too rough for poor old Joe.

Trump came off as strong and aggressive while Biden looked frail and weak. Trump’s constant interruptions was a great strategy as it didn’t allow Biden to get off any decent sound bites and read his prepared answers. He also got Joe to lose his cool a few times which was freaking awesome.

This show lived up to the hype, hopefully we get a Round 2.
    It was a clusterfuck.

Chris Wallace should have put an electrified collar on each one, then when they don't answer the question, they get an 50,000 volt shock.

Biden seemed very competent and cool.

Trump is an ignorant, belligerent, asshole who is making bullshit claims. Everything that Trump says is completely untrue.

No need for a round 2.
    It won't change anything.
    Trump is finished.
    Biden will be President.

“FAME NEWS!”

I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    If there was ever a question of what would pfa’s unmoderated trump thread look like in real life? we saw that come to fruition last night... hopefully druff can learn from this cautionary tale.

Turned it off after 20 mins. Literally a waste of time.

Load Metric
    I can’t imagine the debate changes much but that actually makes it a victory for Biden.

1) little change good for the betting and poll favourite.
    2) trump created such low expectations for Biden all he had to do was prove he wasn’t demented. Biden didn’t look great but he came across as knowing where he was...

Load Metric
    Also Biden highest on predict it in quite some time. Possibly ever at 61 cents. Really big jump from debates.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BetCheckBet View Post
    I can’t imagine the debate changes much but that actually makes it a victory for Biden.

1) little change good for the betting and poll favourite.
    2) trump created such low expectations for Biden all he had to do was prove he wasn’t demented. Biden didn’t look great but he came across as knowing where he was...
    I agree with number 2, he did come off decent

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Well, Eric Froehlich has snapped.

I find it absolutely crazy that anyone could not cut off family for it...family is not an excuse to be a terrible person. You can't give a damn about humanity and support Trump...they don't go hand in hand. There's no more denying that and no more "I didn't know what he was" excuses. I said I counted those as valid previously even tho so many knew what he was. Now it's beyond proven. To use a more extreme example, if a family member joined the KKK or a Nazi organization, they would also be cutoff, and this is on a similar level.
    These were/are posts from his Facebook. The posts are set to public (anyone can view, even non-friends), so I'm not violating his privacy by posting this. He meant for it to be seen by everyone.

Just wow.

I wonder if the "best friend" he abandoned is from poker. I guess it could also be someone from Magic who never made it over to poker. Obviously not Bonomo!

I thought maybe that "best friend" was Brock Parker, who is a longtime close friend of his, but they're still Facebook friends, so probably not.
    STANF BACK AND STAND BY

Silver
    Load Metric
    Trump really cooked his goose giving them the "stand down and stand by" order, probably the single worst thing he could have said right there.

Making this about the Proud Boys is a great way to avoid talking about Antifa, which doesn't actually exist, according to Biden.

He must have done zero prep for the debate.

As a nationalist who happens to be white, I get it, and it won't change my vote, but man, what an idiot.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Where Trump really needs to focus is separating Biden from the extreme left instead of lumping them together.

He kept saying that Biden is for defunding the cops and the green new deal which are both lies and it's generally the wrong approach IMO. I think he should get Biden talking more about the far left ideas that Biden doesn't back. Trump needs the far lefties to stay home from lack of enthusiasm. Far lefties watching that debate see two old white men, Trump needs to convince them that Biden isn't on board with their progressive ideas, should be fairly easy really.

Also the whole school yard bully card plays well with Trump's base but sure the hell doesn't with suburban white women and old people. He needs all of these people to win.

I just don't think the 2016 playbook wins this time around.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmarefish View Post
    Where Trump really needs to focus is separating Biden from the extreme left instead of lumping them together.

He kept saying that Biden is for defunding the cops and the green new deal which are both lies and it's generally the wrong approach IMO. I think he should get Biden talking more about the far left ideas that Biden doesn't back. Trump needs the far lefties to stay home from lack of enthusiasm. Far lefties watching that debate see two old white men, Trump needs to convince them that Biden isn't on board with their progressive ideas, should be fairly easy really.

Also the whole school yard bully card plays well with Trump's base but sure the hell doesn't with suburban white women and old people. He needs all of these people to win.

I think it’s fair but too late for this. The other problem is that trump has dragged the left through the mud so badly and made it clear he dislikes them that pretty much any candidate will come across as better than him. Trump also had no credibility with them either. It’s a big risk running on such a polarized dimension. Trump has energized the left and at this point they would vote for anyone...

He’s gotta hope the polls are wrong and focus on voter turnout to which republicans have historically had an advantage.

Platinum
    Load Metric

I think it’s fair but too late for this. The other problem is that trump has dragged the left through the mud so badly and made it clear he dislikes them that pretty much any candidate will come across as better than him. Trump also had no credibility with them either. It’s a big risk running on such a polarized dimension. Trump has energized the left and at this point they would vote for anyone...

He’s gotta hope the polls are wrong and focus on voter turnout to which republicans have historically had an advantage.
    The constant interrupting not only made him look childish but also didn't give Biden a chance to hang himself which almost surely he eventually would have. Best thing that could have happen to Trump last night was for Biden to step on his own dick but Trump wouldn't give him the opportunity.

Load Metric

are you this big of a fag with Canadian politics? God you're obsessed

Gold
    Load Metric

The constant interrupting not only made him look childish but also didn't give Biden a chance to hang himself which almost surely he eventually would have. Best thing that could have happen to Trump last night was for Biden to step on his own dick but Trump wouldn't give him the opportunity.
    Trump had to interrupt Biden repeatedly because Wallace didn’t do his job and take him to task on where he stood on the issues.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by v12cl View Post
    Trump really cooked his goose giving them the "stand down and stand by" order, probably the single worst thing he could have said right there.

Making this about the Proud Boys is a great way to avoid talking about Antifa, which doesn't actually exist, according to Biden.

He must have done zero prep for the debate.

As a nationalist who happens to be white, I get it, and it won't change my vote, but man, what an idiot.

you guys are assuming that being linked to the proud boys hurts his electoral chance, and that trump made a mistake

it really might be the opposite on both counts

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    this is fucking unwatchable
    Ok
    cmoney :It would be nice if Mexico could simply get human feces out of its drinking water

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    i turned it off, i fold.
    Good night.
    cmoney :It would be nice if Mexico could simply get human feces out of its drinking water

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by big dick View Post
    -150 is + ev

This election is over

Stating the obvious to everyone but trumptards

:YAWN

Sequel much?! Hillary supposedly won the first debate too cuz trump couldn't control himself then he creamed her round 2

Thread Information