Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PFA stable genius conservatives; is this true?

Load Metric

PFA stable genius conservatives; is this true?

https://www.wsj.com/articles/gold-sc...ay-11601052583

The defendants “swindled tens of millions from the victims, who were targeted for their politically conservative and Christian leanings,” said Heath Tarbert, the CFTC’s chairman.
    Its so confusing because according to this web site, the dumbest people in high school are also somehow smarter than everyone else?

Comments

dwai: toxic trash
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    more toxicity from PFA's biggest hypocrite, also the fattest

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I'm ok with the post, whatever floats her boat. Where Tine loses me is when she cries about the site being toxic and says she's embarrassed to be a part of it then posts shit like this. She literally is the driver of the divisive tone here then cries like a victim when people push back on her nonsense. I'm sensing daddy issues.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I mean, it's an interesting scam story, but I hope you realize that liberals are just as easily targeted for scams, just in a different fashion.

Gullible conservatives are scammed via "patriotic" schemes and financial/physical security schemes.

Gullible liberals are targeted by pulling at their heart strings, making the liberal feel like they're donating to a cause which will help a victimized group or individual.

Hell, look at the Minnesota Freedom Fund which was in part promoted by Kamala Harris in June. Look at the entire GamerGate thing in 2014, where career scammers claimed they were female victims of the misogynistic gaming community, and several are still receiving large donations to this day.

It should also be noted that this gold scheme mostly targeted the elderly, and not so much normal "conservatives". The elderly are, by far, the most common scam victims. Joe Biden probably would have been scammed 100 times over by now, if he didn't have handlers.

I will acknowledge that there are a lot of rube conservatives who will donate to "patriotic" causes and/or make dumb survivalist type purchases, but you have to acknowledge that there's a lot of liberals who can't pull out their wallet fast enough as soon as they hear about a collection to help some purported victim group.

In short, a lot of people are really stupid protecting their own money, and it knows no political ideology.

BTW here is a different article about the same scam, without the annoying WSJ paywall:

https://qz.com/1804943/how-precious-...ative-seniors/

Comments

Sloppy Joe: Whuddabout

splitthis: Offset

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I mean, it's an interesting scam story, but I hope you realize that liberals are just as easily targeted for scams, just in a different fashion.

Gullible conservatives are scammed via "patriotic" schemes and financial/physical security schemes.

Gullible liberals are targeted by pulling at their heart strings, making the liberal feel like they're donating to a cause which will help a victimized group or individual.

Hell, look at the Minnesota Freedom Fund which was in part promoted by Kamala Harris in June. Look at the entire GamerGate thing in 2014, where career scammers claimed they were female victims of the misogynistic gaming community, and several are still receiving large donations to this day.

It should also be noted that this gold scheme mostly targeted the elderly, and not so much normal "conservatives". The elderly are, by far, the most common scam victims. Joe Biden probably would have been scammed 100 times over by now, if he didn't have handlers.

I will acknowledge that there are a lot of rube conservatives who will donate to "patriotic" causes and/or make dumb survivalist type purchases, but you have to acknowledge that there's a lot of liberals who can't pull out their wallet fast enough as soon as they hear about a collection to help some purported victim group.

In short, a lot of people are really stupid protecting their own money, and it knows no political ideology.

BTW here is a different article about the same scam, without the annoying WSJ paywall:

https://qz.com/1804943/how-precious-...ative-seniors/
    We covered this in the other thread. Tine only hates white, republican dumb people thus he only cares to make fun of them. All other dumb people that get scammed should to considered victims, then helped and coddled.

Comments

dwai:

Load Metric
    Some People are stupid. Some People are evil.

Both facts impact the different ends of the political spectrum.

Diamond Pro Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe's Avatar
    Load Metric
    sonatine isn't a cartoon liberal like Mr. Van Driesen, i think his basis for supporting Democrats is based in economics because he's a legit nerd. and yes, he mocks rural whites and biblen-words but it's fair game because every "conservative" here mocks sjw's and genderqueers

Comments

gimmick:

sonatine: i feel seen

Load Metric
    also, i'm gay

Comments

ftpjesus: Congrats on coming out I think?? BTW have you met our resident twink begger OSA

Load Metric
    Druff, way way more conservatives are scammed than liberals, and in particular conservative Christians. Because the more conservative they are, the more they are culturalized to trust religious authority figures. That’s why being a “Christian” TV preacher is such a lucrative *legal* gig for someone who is charismatic and has no scruples.

Comments

Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe: the alamo
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    christian tv preachers don't trick smart conservatives they trick stupid old grandmas and grandpas you heartless son of a bitch, and you just love it and i bet on your fucking reservation your wigwam is carpeted in blue haired grannie scalps you literal fucking monster

Load Metric
    don't ever post after me again if you are disagreeing motherfucker

Diamond
    Load Metric
    LOL @ THE PFA LIBTARDS MOCKING ANYONE. not one of them was on to the "muh russia" scam and all of them pushed it. all talentless losers that think im a retard but yet the POTUS could spot me across the room w/o me actually meeting him. uhhh yeah thats because i'm god morons and youve done your country a great disservice by not being to actually argue with me and make me better

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    Druff, way way more conservatives are scammed than liberals, and in particular conservative Christians. Because the more conservative they are, the more they are culturalized to trust religious authority figures. That’s why being a “Christian” TV preacher is such a lucrative *legal* gig for someone who is charismatic and has no scruples.
    You're talking about religious scams, which are totally different, even if the victims lean more politically one way than the other.

As far as political-targeted scams, it seems to me there's about an equal number of people who are vulnerable on both sides. In fact, the liberals who get scammed have less of an excuse, as they tend to be well educated and should know better. They just lose all ability to reason when the "opportunity" comes up to help some kind of victim group or member of a victim group.

Load Metric
    You're talking about religious scams, which are totally different, even if the victims lean more politically one way than the other.
    Not so much any more.

President Trump autographed Bibles for survivors of the Alabama tornado outbreak
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/relig...nado-outbreak/

etc. etc.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post

As far as political-targeted scams, it seems to me there's about an equal number of people who are vulnerable on both sides. In fact, the liberals who get scammed have less of an excuse, as they tend to be well educated and should know better. They just lose all ability to reason when the "opportunity" comes up to help some kind of victim group or member of a victim group.
    just a hunch but like 147% of all evangelicals are conservatives sooooooo i'm thinking maybe there is a strong correlation here

Platinum
    Load Metric
    What about bail out protester scams? Who falls for those?

Load Metric
    The good news is that nobody here at PFA is stupid enough to get scammed.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post

just a hunch but like 147% of all evangelicals are conservatives sooooooo i'm thinking maybe there is a strong correlation here

yeah but in fairness its not like they are out there voting in people who fall for this shit oh wait

"Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post

yeah but in fairness its not like they are out there voting in people who fall for this shit oh wait

yeah it's like deranged liberals don't say stupid shit on twitter 24/7 oh wait

Load Metric
    I think Jonestown was quite a strong contraindication against the thesis that it is just conservative religious folks who get taken in by scams.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    I stay to myself and keep out of trouble and/or potentially problematic scenarios

Thread Information