Thread: Even Druff ain’t this cheap…

Platinum
    Load Metric

Even Druff ain’t this cheap…

Guy gets season pass to magic mountain….to eat cheap…imagine 7 years of eating at magic mountain.

He must have lived next door. Been to magic man twice, place totally sucks.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/33-old-ca...145448113.html

Load Metric
    CA should do this for every leech within 25 miles instead of food stamps or whatever they are called these days. State would save a fortune. They buy shit anyways to eat if they don’t trade the value at .50 on the dollar for drugs or cash.

Not sure how MM even did this deal. It’s over $100 a day at Disney World for entry now and a simple burger meal is $20.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Druff likes extreme value but is not a cheapskate. E.g. you could eat for free by dumpster diving. Druff wouldn't do that. This is the equivalent of dumpster diving- how revolting. 50 cents for amusement park pizza is too much, and that's not counting the time cost of parking and whatnot.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Yeah no way I'd do this, even when younger. I'd get sick of the food really fast, it would be a huge pain in the ass, and yeah, pretty unhealthy too.

I used to really enjoy Magic Mountain. First went there in 1984 at the age of 12 (mainly because it was far from where I lived), and wanted to go back as soon as I could. It was used as "Wally World" in National Lampoon's Vacation.

When I was a kid and teenager, I went on every ride I could, and never got sick. There was even this one "Spin Out" ride, where you'd go in this giant cylinder and it would spin so fast you'd stick to the wall. I rode it 5 consecutive times back-to-back and didn't get the slightest bit sick.

However, by around age 20, something changed and I wasn't able to do any rides with "spinning" motion anymore, or I'd get sick. All roller coasters were still fine.

By age 30, some of the more extreme coasters (the newer ones) were too much, and again I'd get sick on them. So that was another few rides I had to exclude. I also noticed that some of the rides were tough on tall people, which was more noticeable since I wasn't young anymore. So I'd get off and my knees or back would hurt, or whatever.

I haven't been there since 2014, when I visited on the final day of the old Colossus ride. Enjoyed it, but I had to carefully pick what I went on, so as to not ruin the day. Also felt a little funny at that point, since most of the people there were young enough to be my kid.

Still haven't taken Ben there yet, but I will fairly soon. I guess I'll figure out at that point which rides my old body can still handle.

Load Metric
    if hot dog on a stick did season passes then todge is absolutely doing this
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    BTW JACKDANIELS is the first one banned from the thread. He is accusing me of being "duped by a middle aged man who dresses like John Cena"

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I pop ginger pills when I go to amusement parks, mythbusters showed they work well and don’t make you drowsy.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JACKDANIELS View Post
    if hot dog on a stick did season passes then todge is absolutely doing this

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Texter View Post
    I pop ginger pills when I go to amusement parks, mythbusters showed they work well and don’t make you drowsy.
    What do ginger pills do?

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Texter View Post
    What do ginger pills do?
    Stop motion sickness.

Thread Information