Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Banned from 2+2 again for mentioning Mason's tennis charity

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Banned from 2+2 again for mentioning Mason's tennis charity

Backstory:

Tennis charities are serious business.

In December 2015, I made this post, which Mason has never forgiven.

Most of the Mason discussion centered around the fact that he jumped to bash Negreanu and make him look like the bad guy in the Pokerstars situation, which was transparent and an asshole thing to do. If he didn't already dislike Negreanu, he wouldn't have said a word about it.

The 22Q donation as definitely a stab at Daniel. Mason is not known for his charity donations. He did this one because he wanted to show up Daniel. Believe me, Mason didn't give a shit that Jasep scammed 22Q, aside from the fact that it "proved" him right.

Mason did nothing innovative to make all the money he did from Two Plus Two, aside from being an early adopter of publishing poker book and running a poker forum. I give him credit for jumping into that early, but truthfully it was only a moderate income source until he lucked into poker blowing up more than 5 years later. Prior to the boom, he was just a small publisher in a small niche market.
    The bolded part was done just now (not in the original post), and is the line which sent Mason over the edge.

At the time, I really didn't know Mason had a tennis charity. Why would I? I don't follow the guy's life very closely, because I care very little about him, outside of when I'm on 2+2.

Mason learned about my post a month later in January 2016, and was furious. He decided it was time to come forward and make a statement about the Mason and Charmaine Malmuth Foundation. He even conceded in his statement that he had made a policy "not to talk about our foundation", so why was he mad at me for not knowing about it?

But that's Malmuth Logic for you. He's a grumpy old man who always feels slighted by everything.

Anyway, Malmuth's post opened up another can of worms. Belly Buster discovered that the foundation's tax returns from 2011-2015 (the most current at the time) showed $0 in charitable disbursements!

This got Mason even angrier, and he was censoring all discussion of it on 2+2. After Larry Laffer kept making fake accounts on 2+2 to bring it up (not at my direction, btw), Mason finally had to address it. He stated that the tax returns were in error, and that the mistake had gone back 10 years (!!). I'm not sure why he didn't catch such an egregious error for 10 straight years on his own charity's tax returns, but that's what happened. I actually believe him.

Anyway, Mason remained extremely bitter about this, as is par for the course with him. He finally thought he found his opportunity to strike in 2017, when one of his mods noticed that I was copying and pasting various 2+2 posts to PFA, in an effort to have my own separate discussion about the topics.

This brought up an interesting legal question: Did I have the right to copy posts from 2+2 if they were written by third parties, provided those third parties didn't object? It turned out the answer was yes. 2+2's own terms of service state that they do NOT own the posts made by users. Thus, if they don't own the posts, they don't have a right to sue over such posts being copied.

Anyway, Mason's lawyer contacted me about this in 2017. I argued my point, which of course the attorney wouldn't concede (especially to a non-lawyer), but he also knew I was right.

Originally, they wanted me to stop copy-pasting 2+2 posts here, and to find and delete all instances of it occurring for the entire lifetime of PFA. Ummm.... that absolutely was NOT going to happen. I refused. Here is a pretty good article describing the situation, by Haley Hintze.

I told his attorney that I was willing to come to any reasonable agreement, but that I knew my rights. We finally came to one which was MUCH less restrictive, and was completely reasonable:

- TwoPlusTwo will no longer object to copy and pasting single posts to PokerFraudAlert, provided that the posts being copy/pasted involve scams, scandals, or frauds in poker.

- PokerFraudAlert agrees not to reproduce entire threads or back-and-forth conversations between posters on 2+2.

- PokerFraudAlert agrees to place a link back to the 2+2 thread when anything is copy/pasted here. (I was already doing this, anyway.)

- TwoPlusTwo makes the same agreement about PokerFraudAlert. PokerFraudAlert posts (including my own) may be copy/pasted to TwoPlusTwo, provided it's about scams/scandals/frauds, and may not contain back-and-forth conversations reproduced. A link will also be posted back to PokerFraudAlert.

- Both sites agree to notify the other if any posts are found violating the above agreements, and such posts will be removed.

- This agreement only involves posts going forward. Old posts will not be edited.
    As you've seen, I've kept to this agreement.

Here's the thread about the agreement, which Mason knew I would be posting at the time: https://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/sh...-Mason-Malmuth

However, there was one other laughable piece of the agreement. I was told that Mason was still very upset with the thread which made fun of his "$0 disbursements" tax returns, and that he wanted me to make a statement that I believed the charity was legitimate. I agreed to this, but told the attorney I would only post what I really believed to be true. I told them what I would write, and they were okay with it. Here was the statement:

Finally, I wanted to say something about Mason's tennis charity. You guys know that I am always honest when I spot any kind of fraud or scam, and never hold back my true opinion. While I understood everyone's concern given the charity's tax returns which were found online, I honestly believe Mason's explanation that these were simply tax form errors. While I have criticized Mason for many things over the years, I have never believed he was a scammer or a dishonest person. It simply would not make sense for Mason to set up a phony charity and break federal law, simply to save a few thousand per year in taxes. My opinion is that Mason's tennis charity is legitimate, and this entire controversy was spawned by incorrectly filed paperwork by his accountant.

I did NOT agree to cease discussion of the tennis charity. I simply agreed that I would make a statement that I believed it to be legitimate, and that Mason's tax returns were simply in error as he claimed.

This is important, as you'll see soon.

Also, Mason surprisingly offered that I could return to 2+2. This was unexpected, because I hadn't asked for this. I assumed it was because the activity there was dying, and they badly need quality posters back. I accepted the offer, but expressed concern that Mason would attack me there, and then ban me when I'd respond (or he'd find some other petty reason to ban me, as he has in the past).

The attorney wrote, "Also, Mason agrees and gives you his word that once your ban is lifted on 2p2 you will not be banned in the future unless you break the 2p2 posting rules or this agreement."

I have kept to all terms of the agreement, and I have not broken 2+2 rules.

However, today I am banned. Why? Read on next post.

Load Metric
    I'll bet my left nut that the Sue bitch Sklansky was fucking was a great Tennis player.

Name:  chris evert.JPG
Views: 1029
Size:  65.0 KB

Last edited by badguy23; 09-23-2020 at 02:52 PM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Mason is a bitter old man with lots of grudges with lots of people.

He cannot let things go.

He cannot let sleeping dogs lie. Even when you think you've made peace with him, you really haven't.

Recently Mason has been taking various potshots at me on his site, in threads which have nothing to do with me. For example, in the recent Jonathan Little/ACR thread, Mason needlessly bashed me and PFA, even though I had nothing to do with any of it, and hadn't even posted in that thread yet!

He took a similar petty shot at me in the Postle thread. I posted the following there, related to Postle's friends and other trolls attacking Veronica Brill on Twitter:

Quote Originally Posted by Kilowatt
    Yup. The constant Twitter troll attacks on Veronica (and even a few here) are particularly infuriating to watch.

She did something selfless and took a fair amount of reputational risk by coming forward with this, and she's taking needless abuse from idiots trying to question her motives.

I expected it from Postle's low-life buddies, but everyone else doing it should be ashamed of themselves.
    (Note that I am "Kilowatt" on 2+2, which is well known there.)

Mason jumped in and wrote this:

Hi Kilowatt:

I agree completely. It's shameful, and I'm sure you'll agree, when people write things about others which are not true and are designed to make someone look bad. For example. here's a post that was written about me (and the foundation my wife and I have) on another web site:

Honestly I thought the $270k figure he dropped was very un-Mason-like.

Mason is known to be an extremely selfish and greedy person. That's why he did outrageous things such as restrict strategy discussions on 2+2 because he was afraid people wouldn't buy his books if they could discuss strategy for free (seriously).

He's also obsessed with "spam" and doesn't allow anyone to link anything to their own site, no matter how relevant their material is to the discussion. Even if your site broke the story being discussed on 2+2, you can't link to it.

He is a hard-ass who only cares about himself, which is why I was shocked at the claim that he handed out $270k to charity.

Tennis lessons are a very strange thing to give away for "charity", as well. Do you know of any impoverished kids whose dream it is to play tennis? No. What's next? Golf and polo for poor kids?

I am assuming there has to be some angle to this. If there isn't, LOL @ wasting $270k on charity tennis lessons, when you could be using that money to feed and clothe the poor.
    By my count it contains six false statements, and for those interested, it's Post #8 in this thread:

https://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/sh...ason+Charmaine

Best wishes,
    Mason
    Source: https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/s...ostcount=11601

Is this shit petty, or what?

This had NOTHING to do with Mike Postle or anything in the thread. It was a pointless, inaccurate, and bitter attack on my credibility.

He was quoting the totally unrelated December 2015 tennis charity post, which I made not being aware of the charity, which he admitted he wasn't public about at that point.

Why do this? Why bring up this crap and hijack the Postle thread on his own site?

I responded: "I think you should take any personal gripes with me from 4+ years ago and discuss them privately, rather than hijack important threads on your own site with such nonsense."

He came back with: "But you put yourself in the middle of this as someone who can be relied upon. Don't you think that people, perhaps someone like Veronica/angry-polak, should know a little more about you. Perhaps I should put up some more links to your website."

What a fucking bitch.

Because he was still bitter about the tennis charity thing from 5 years ago, he was trying to destroy my credibility with Veronica and the other Postle victims, and threatening to "put up some more links" to Pokerfraudalert which he felt could be taken out of context to discredit me.

He then made the following two posts to me:
    https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/s...ostcount=11655

https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/s...ostcount=11656

Again, he was trying to frame it that he was simply concerned for Veronica, and wanted to make her and others aware of my supposed lack of credibility. You know, because Veronica would totally care about what I said about Mason's tennis charity in 2015.

I finally had enough.

Read on next post.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Mason was making the point that Veronica and other Postle victims couldn't trust me because I made an incorrect statement about his tennis charity in 2015.

He wouldn't back down. He was asserting that he was seriously concerned for them, and that was this reason for these petty attacks.

Finally I had enough of his bullshit.

I responded last night by saying that I had over 37,000 posts on my forum, and that it's impossible to post with such volume without occasionally and inadvertently posting something factually inaccurate. I also repeated that, at the time of that post, I wasn't aware of his tennis charity, so I believed my statement to be true when I made it.

Then I said something like, "People make mistakes. For example, sometimes they submit tax returns for several years in a row, where they erroneously list that their tennis charity made zero charitable disbursements. As I said, mistakes happen."

I then went on to call him out that he's lying about his concern for Veronica, and this is about his own petty ego. I said that he doesn't care about anyone else but himself, and that all of his opinions are seen through the lens of whether a particular person said something to make him feel insulted at some point.

I finished up my post by asking, "How's that for poker psychology?", in a veiled reference to his terrible "Real Poker Psychology" book, which he's also highly sensitive about. Discussion of this crappy book came up again in the recent argument between him and Jonathan Little, so I decided to give him a final little needle.

I went to 2+2 today, and found myself banned, and that last post to him deleted. He has not announced my ban to anyone. He just quietly did it.

This is in violation of our agreement, because I did nothing to break 2+2 rules, nor did I assert that his tennis charity was a scam.

I was careful in my post there to note that his tax returns were "erroneous", which he admitted 4 years ago to be the case.

Again, here is the thread where Larry called him out: https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/2...w-you-1668658/

In post #20, he admits that there were 10 years of tax returns which were incorrect: "So for the year 2014 the Foundation should be showing on this form $14,000 in revenue, $0 in expenses (not $10,000), and $14,000 in Charitable disbursements. And it looks like we have, thanks to this accounting error, ten years of tax returns to correct."

All I did was cite the charity tax return error as proof that people make mistakes -- even Mason (he submitted 10 YEARS of tax returns which were notably incorrect) -- and that he needs to let go of grudges due to posts which were not completely accurate due to lack of available information at the time. Such posts are not a strain one one's credibility.

Furthermore, in the 2017 agreement with Mason, he agreed through his attorney not to bash me, and clearly he's been doing so on several occasions.

So Mason Malmuth is a piece of crap who doesn't keep to his agreements. Fuck him.

Load Metric
    I dunno bout the character of a man that fucks retarded girls in doll clothes. Fuck him.

Comments

GrenadaRoger: Sklansky, Malmuth's business partner, has the relationship with the mentally challenger girl

Matt The Rat: Amen

gimmick: yeah i have no idea how to spin that in a good way
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Mason's last two tweets are a good example of his general douchiness and delusion, though neither have to do with me.

On September 9, he had to throw in "We don't like Jonathan Little either", when asking Phil Nagy of the details of his spat with Little. Mason often likes to refer to himself as "We".

https://twitter.com/MasonMalmuth/status/1303811158747430912

On September 21, he tried to tell Phil Galfond, of all people, how he should be doing his Postle hand analysis:

https://twitter.com/MasonMalmuth/status/1308183613737897985

"It may change your approach on how to do the analysis."

Yeah, Mason, I'm pretty sure Phil Galfond doesn't need your help to learn how to analyze poker data.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Comments

GrenadaRoger: Druff, its for the best; don't contribute your talent to that site

Matt The Rat: Mason is a Duchebag....nuff said

Load Metric
    MASON MALMUTH IS GOD

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by splitthis View Post
    I dunno bout the character of a man that fucks retarded girls in doll clothes. Fuck him.
    That’s Sklansky...Mason is the humorless Curmudgeon.

Load Metric
    2020 Druff > 2009 Druff

2020 Druff calls people “fucking bitch”

Who knew 2020 Druff was the hero we always needed.

Fuck Mason and his willingness to support a sexual predator cause it made him money......allegedly

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Mason is a bitter old man with lots of grudges with lots of people.

He cannot let things go.

He cannot let sleeping dogs lie. Even when you think you've made peace with him, you really haven't..
    Own goal!!

Druff, you equate yourself to a dog? Pick an analogy more flattering to yourself next time; better still, don't use one
    Last edited by GrenadaRoger; 09-23-2020 at 05:09 PM.
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Texter View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by splitthis View Post
    Never would have guessed that out of the dynamic duo of S&M Mason would turn out to be the less creepy one.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gimmick View Post

Never would have guessed that out of the dynamic duo of S&M Mason would turn out to be the less creepy one.
    Amen. That pic of sue is straight out of a weird ass horror movie.

Comments

gimmick: yup that and glove compartment dildos

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gimmick View Post

This reminds me of the old "You know you're a poker player when..." joke:

Your girlfriend invites you over for "a little S&M" and you show up with a copy of Texas Hold'en for Advanced Players.

Comments

gimmick: does this go back to RGP? i might own 7ish things from them signed, before PS offered money for points

Load Metric
    I then went on to call him out that he's lying about his concern for Veronica, and this is about his own petty ego. I said that he doesn't care about anyone else but himself, and that all of his opinions are seen through the lens of whether a particular person said something to make him feel insulted at some point.

I finished up my post by asking, "How's that for poker psychology?", in a veiled reference to his terrible "Real Poker Psychology" book, which he's also highly sensitive about. Discussion of this crappy book came up again in the recent argument between him and Jonathan Little, so I decided to give him a final little needle.
    I'm guessing this is where you broke some 2p2 rule.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by duped_samaritan View Post

Which rule?

There's no rule there that you have to be Mason's bitch and not respond to his insults.

As I said, he always started up with me. I never attacked him over there unless he went after me first.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Anyway, 2+2 needs me more than I need it.

The place is a shell of its former self, and often the big poker topics get more action here than over there. Sometimes things never even get covered at all over there, which I'd totally expect would be.

The only useful part of the forum to me was the Internet Poker section, but I can do without it.

F Mason

Comments

Jayjami: F Mason, but his place is a former shell of itself as well.

Load Metric
    You can always trust Mason Malmuth and his fake charity.

Pedophiles always run in groups.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by duped_samaritan View Post

Which rule?

There's no rule there that you have to be Mason's bitch and not respond to his insults.

As I said, he always started up with me. I never attacked him over there unless he went after me first.
    I'm with you on this one. But I would expect him to quote something from here if pressed to give an explanation:

you hereby agree not to use Your Content or the Service in any other matter to:

upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortuous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;

Anyway, 2+2 needs me more than I need it.

The place is a shell of its former self, and often the big poker topics get more action here than over there. Sometimes things never even get covered at all over there, which I'd totally expect would be.

The only useful part of the forum to me was the Internet Poker section, but I can do without it.

F Mason
    I envy your life

Thread Information