Thread: Fedor Kruse accused of using solver in high stakes games.

Silver
    Load Metric

Fedor Kruse accused of using solver in high stakes games.

Load Metric
    I really don't know what to say about this article. He won't be prosecuted, he won't be banned, he won't give any money back, he won't be anything. He will just shed some crocodile tears and life will go on.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Here's a good rundown of the situation:

https://www.vip-grinders.com/new-hug...-kruse-update/

Cubic Zirconia
    Load Metric
    I have a question...

I heard this latest show and of course heard about this, and it has occurred to me that i may be doing a similar thing. So when i run solves for different hands i put the answers in an excel workbook and organize in a way that is like UTG vs BB, have 5 categories of flops, and have 3 example hands of how to play as the UTG player for example and i have the flop for basically each flop situation in heads up pots as the aggressor. I keep it up while i play, as just a thing to refer to if i play a pot, i might be in a spot where its like ok, im the button and i 3bet the cutoff, and the flop comes down 567, its checked to me and i look at my excel book to see if i have a similar hand, and use the sizing i have chosen in the book and try to see what types of hands to bet or check.

Is this an underhanded thing im doing? I have just looked at it as being a hard worker, its difficult to compile all of these sims and organize in the way i have it. What is the difference between doing this and using a preflop chart when you play, arent they the same? Its just a bit deeper into the game tree. I dont have thousands of sims compiled like this but i guess i have a primitive version of it it sounds like

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BallinTim View Post
    I have a question...

I heard this latest show and of course heard about this, and it has occurred to me that i may be doing a similar thing. So when i run solves for different hands i put the answers in an excel workbook and organize in a way that is like UTG vs BB, have 5 categories of flops, and have 3 example hands of how to play as the UTG player for example and i have the flop for basically each flop situation in heads up pots as the aggressor. I keep it up while i play, as just a thing to refer to if i play a pot, i might be in a spot where its like ok, im the button and i 3bet the cutoff, and the flop comes down 567, its checked to me and i look at my excel book to see if i have a similar hand, and use the sizing i have chosen in the book and try to see what types of hands to bet or check.

Is this an underhanded thing im doing? I have just looked at it as being a hard worker, its difficult to compile all of these sims and organize in the way i have it. What is the difference between doing this and using a preflop chart when you play, arent they the same? Its just a bit deeper into the game tree. I dont have thousands of sims compiled like this but i guess i have a primitive version of it it sounds like
    Sounds like you're kind of in a middle ground here. Not quite using real time solvers, but also not totally in the clear or not using assistance.

The issue of "charts" has been raised before, and it seems that GGPoker is very much against them. Pokerstars ruled years ago that any "charts" are against their ToS if they can't fit onto a normal piece of paper if printed.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Some more news.

First off, major gaffe on the part of GGPoker on social media.

Patrick Leonard (a site pro of Party Poker, and one who has taken a big interest in this scandal) made the following tweet:

https://twitter.com/padspoker/status/1311316496694509568

In case you don't understand the above, in the screenshot it shows a player stating that Fedor Kruse was an official GGPoker "influencer", and this was made clear by his name on the site being in yellow, instead of white for regular players.

A GG rep named "Evan" responded by claiming the yellow color of Kruse's name was "just a software feature" and "changes by the week".

Patrick was making the point that it's odd GG is suddenly claiming no official connection to Kruse at this late point in the scandal. Patrick wonders aloud in his tweet why GG wouldn't have made this clear earlier. The response?

https://twitter.com/padspoker/status/1311350096739565568

Can you believe this shit? GGPoker just called their customers "dumb" on the official GGPoker Twitter account!

Unbelievable!

GG is trying to make the point that they didn't mention this until now because they didn't think people were "dumb enough" to believe the yellow colored name meant an official association.

But wait! In addition to being rude, it looks like they're also lying.

"Among them are GGPoker Ambassadors Fedor Holz, Bryn Kenney, ElkY, and Fedor Kruse."

Seems pretty clear to me that Fedor Kruse WAS an ambassador, AND that the yellow name really is some kind of official association with the site, even if a loose one.

Then there's also this, regarding the yellow names:

https://twitter.com/ggpokerofficial/status/1302303014561120256

Whoops!

So it looks like the "dumb" players weren't so dumb after all, huh? Boy this site has an amazing level of contempt for their own customers.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    In related news, GGPoker claims to have taken action against 80 accounts using real-time assistance. 40 were warned, 27 were banned but allowed to cash out, and the most egregious 13 were banned and not allowed to cash out -- resulting in seizures of almost $1.2 million in funds.

https://en.ggpoker.com/blog/news-hea...e-against-rta/

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Can you believe this shit? GGPoker just called their customers "dumb".
    Well, they are gambling on the internet. Would you prefer the term degenerate?

Thread Information