Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Druff! Stop being a Trumptard about mail-in voting!!!!

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by duped_samaritan View Post
    If you only consider the potential of fraud and not the potential of suppression, then making it easier for people to vote will always seem like a bad idea.

This is what Druff is doing, motivated by the fact that mail in voting will mean more people will vote which means the chances of a Trump victory go down.
    The idea that it’s difficult to vote is what I can’t get my mind around. Literally one of the easiest things to do.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmarefish View Post
    If you only consider the potential of fraud and not the potential of suppression, then making it easier for people to vote will always seem like a bad idea.

This is what Druff is doing, motivated by the fact that mail in voting will mean more people will vote which means the chances of a Trump victory go down.
    The idea that it’s difficult to vote is what I can’t get my mind around. Literally one of the easiest things to do.
    You gotta remember not everyone has the same life as you.

Platinum
    Load Metric

You gotta remember not everyone has the same life as you.
    Give me some examples of it’s just too hard for “this group” of people because “x,y,z”.

Reality is there isn’t a significant number of people that would really like to vote but find it too hard, fantasy land to think otherwise. People that don’t vote either don’t give a shit or don’t think their vote matters. In your life have you ever met 1 person that said, “damn I really want to vote this year but this shit is way too hard.”? I don’t.

Comments

Tellafriend: No shit

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Democrats focus upon a tiny percentage of the population which will be affected by things like voter ID laws.

"What about the people with no ID??!?!?!?!!11111"

In reality, Democrats hate voter ID laws because, of the small percentage of the population with no ID, almost all of them would vote Democrat.

It's all selfishness, not any desire to have fair elections.

But this isn't even about voter ID.

In this case, they support mail-in voting for two reasons:

1) There is a higher amount of voter apathy in the Democratic Party than Republicans, so anything to make it super-easy to vote will benefit Dems, and they know it.

2) There is more passionate hatred of Trump on the left than love of Trump on the right. Therefore, if voter fraud is super easy to commit (as it is with mail-in voting), it is more likely that more Democrats will do it than Republicans. If you feel that committing undetectable voter fraud is necessary to help prevent the embodiment of evil from getting 4 more years in office, you're much more likely to do it than if you simply disagree with the opposing candidate. Democrats are also very aware of this, hence the rabid support for universal mail-in voting. If you think it's about protecting people from COVID, you're kidding yourself.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Democrats focus upon a tiny percentage of the population which will be affected by things like voter ID laws.

In reality, Democrats hate voter ID laws because, of the small percentage of the population with no ID, almost all of them would vote Democrat.

It's all selfishness, not any desire to have fair elections.

But this isn't even about voter ID.

In this case, they support mail-in voting for two reasons:

1) There is a higher amount of voter apathy in the Democratic Party than Republicans, so anything to make it super-easy to vote will benefit Dems, and they know it.

2) There is more passionate hatred of Trump on the left than love of Trump on the right. Therefore, if voter fraud is super easy to commit (as it is with mail-in voting), it is more likely that more Democrats will do it than Republicans. If you feel that committing undetectable voter fraud is necessary to help prevent the embodiment of evil from getting 4 more years in office, you're much more likely to do it than if you simply disagree with the opposing candidate. Democrats are also very aware of this, hence the rabid support for universal mail-in voting. If you think it's about protecting people from COVID, you're kidding yourself.
    No one he genuinely believes #2. No one.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    You mean the part about protecting people from COVID, right?

BTW, notice I can admit that the Republican Party is selfish and acts in its own interest for winning elections, but no Democrats here will admit that their own party's views on voting is selfish?

Such delusion.

Everything from Democrats has to be about supposedly bettering the world.

Load Metric
    Trump is operating with a campaign fraud lobotomy without Bannon & Parscale.

I’m not so worried about Trump creeping the election again. At least not effectively.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Trump is operating with a campaign fraud lobotomy without Bannon & Parscale.

I’m not so worried about Trump creeping the election again. At least not effectively.
    Hopefully, Trump won’t creep the election as much as he has creeped on underage girls over the years.

I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric

BTW, notice I can admit that the Republican Party is selfish and acts in its own interest for winning elections, but no Democrats here will admit that their own party's views on voting is selfish?

Such delusion.

Druff, your false equivalency argument claiming that the Democrats are currently as corrupt and destructive to our country’s democratic election process as the Trump-led GOP is utterly fucking ridiculous. In fact, your doing so contributes to the destruction of faith in that democratic process that Team Trump has been pursuing as a means to cloud the perception of the public about the fairness of the upcoming election.

Comments

big dick: LEARN HIM

Walter Sobchak: Much love Mumbles
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric

Tell that to the guy who has to take the entire day off from work in order to vote

Load Metric

Such delusion.

Druff, wake up to the truth: The GOP has been on a rampant campaign of voter suppression ever since the conservative-dominated Supreme Court gutted the Voting Rights Act last decade.

GOPers are bitching about mail-in voting because that would help to undo the voting suppression measures the GOP put in place in those states.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by big dick View Post

Tell that to the guy who has to take the entire day off from work in order to vote
    Most states voting polls close at 7-8, if someone wants to vote they can. Besides this pool of people would be Republican majority. You’re not giving the average citizen credit for being a functioning adult.

Gold
    Load Metric
    https://www.npr.org/2020/09/24/91663...ded-pa-ballots

Well that about wraps it up for no evidence of fraud.
    shit·show
    /ˈSHit ˌSHō/
    noun
    1) a situation or event marked by chaos or controversy. 2) This site.

Load Metric

Quick google shows a study from 2006 that found 11% of US Citizens old enough to vote didn't have government IDs, about 22 million people.
    https://www.brennancenter.org/sites/...file_39242.pdf

(Although I expect you figured it out in your head and that number is off)

And Republicans don't care about suppressing people without IDs because almost all of them would vote Democrat.

The real question is for every 1 theoretical fraudulent vote, how many legitimate ones are you willing to suppress.

Comments

MumblesBadly: As many as it takes to have the GOP candidate win the election?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quick google shows a study from 2006 that found 11% of US Citizens old enough to vote didn't have government IDs, about 22 million people.

And Republicans don't care about suppressing people without IDs because almost all of them would vote Democrat.

The real question is for every 1 theoretical fraudulent vote, how many legitimate ones are you willing to suppress.
    That study is crap, in part because they surveyed 987 people one time, and extrapolated it to the US population of 330 million.

The study also focused on whether the ID is "current and unexpired", which is kinda dirty, because a middle ground could always be reached that a picture ID either current or expired in the past 10 years would be ok. That would certainly be much better than nothing. Notice they asked 4 questions, and they couldn't have added a 5th question of, "If you don't have current ID, do you have a government ID which expired in the past 10 years?" They didn't want that answer, because it would shrink their numbers.

Tell me, would you support a national ID system, provided free to all citizens who apply for it, and then that being required for voting?

Most Democrats don't want this, and start making excuses for why this wouldn't be good.

The bottom line is that Democrats know that some people just don't feel like getting ID, and they want those people voting, so they push for no-ID voting despite its obvious major security holes. Everyone has a right to vote. Everyone does NOT have a right to completely effortless voting. If you can't expend a tiny bit of effort, if you can't vote, it's your fault.

Democrats will do what they need to do in order to ensure they get more people voting for them, even if it fucks up the election security. They are not doing this from any sort of moral perspective.

So much of what Democrats do is performative. Look at all the histrionics about "racist police" and the wild exaggerations about the extermination of black lives by police. In the meantime, they completely ignore the actual danger to black people (murders from others within their community), and they advocate defunding the police which will make that problem even worse. Democrats don't care about black lives -- they only care about the political points they can score from it.

Being a Democrat is more about feeling like you did the right thing than actually doing the right thing.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

That study is crap, in part because they surveyed 987 people one time, and extrapolated it to the US population of 330 million.

The study also focused on whether the ID is "current and unexpired", which is kinda dirty, because a middle ground could always be reached that a picture ID either current or expired in the past 10 years would be ok. That would certainly be much better than nothing. Notice they asked 4 questions, and they couldn't have added a 5th question of, "If you don't have current ID, do you have a government ID which expired in the past 10 years?" They didn't want that answer, because it would shrink their numbers.

Tell me, would you support a national ID system, provided free to all citizens who apply for it, and then that being required for voting?

Most Democrats don't want this, and start making excuses for why this wouldn't be good.

The bottom line is that Democrats know that some people just don't feel like getting ID, and they want those people voting, so they push for no-ID voting despite its obvious major security holes. Everyone has a right to vote. Everyone does NOT have a right to completely effortless voting. If you can't expend a tiny bit of effort, if you can't vote, it's your fault.

Democrats will do what they need to do in order to ensure they get more people voting for them, even if it fucks up the election security. They are not doing this from any sort of moral perspective.

So much of what Democrats do is performative. Look at all the histrionics about "racist police" and the wild exaggerations about the extermination of black lives by police. In the meantime, they completely ignore the actual danger to black people (murders from others within their community), and they advocate defunding the police which will make that problem even worse. Democrats don't care about black lives -- they only care about the political points they can score from it.

Being a Democrat is more about feeling like you did the right thing than actually doing the right thing.
    Says the racist. Look at the tripe from the mouth of a known racist. He believes racism in the police force
    is much ado about nothing. He finds it hard to believe there is systemic racism when 3 out of ten posters here fit the description. Racism isn't much of a problem if you're on the "right" side

Comments

MumblesBadly: Soothsayer rep
    Last edited by limitles; 09-25-2020 at 05:19 AM.

Platinum
    Load Metric

Why so many Dems without IDs? I thought you just got done telling me how “educated” your party is. You really think there’s a significant number of those 22 million (if that number is accurate) that really want to vote? They aren’t functioning adults Duped. If someone wants to vote it’s very simple. You trying to argue that it’s difficult is disingenuous.

Load Metric

Why so many Dems without IDs? I thought you just got done telling me how “educated” your party is. You really think there’s a significant number of those 22 million (if that number is accurate) that really want to vote? They aren’t functioning adults Duped. If someone wants to vote it’s very simple. You trying to argue that it’s difficult is disingenuous.

duped_by_smollet is literally dumb as fuck, hilariously bad takes and opinions, i mean he fucking believed juicy smollet and that black Nascar driver that thought any rope is a noose for fucks sake

Gold
    Load Metric
    What a shitshow this is going to be. Thanks Democrats.

https://twitter.com/RichieMcGinniss/status/1311382521364520960

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post
    Trump is encouraging people to vote twice.

Once by mail and again on election day.

Voting for Donald Trump is a crime punishable by years in prison.

I thought dems said there's safeguards so it's impossible to vote twice. Even if someone did only 1 vote would count. Nothing to worry about.
    Some people voted twice in the Georgia primary this year. They were all caught.

In some states if you are issued a mail-in ballot that is recorded and if you want to vote in person you have to bring the mail-in ballot and surrender it.

So there are safeguards in place.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Thread Information