Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Druff! Stop being a Trumptard about mail-in voting!!!!

Banned
    Load Metric
    One thing that Druff is absolutely correct about is that the way this unfolded was a complete shitshow. It's just terrible optics to essentially count most of the Republican votes very quickly, and then painfully slowly count most of the Democrat votes. Most people didn't understand what was going on when Trump jumped to what appeared to be a commanding lead in MI, WI, and especially PA. Biden voters panicked and Trump voters got their hopes up. The belief that "polls are fake" was strongly reinforced, with even many liberals beginning to question the validity of statistical sampling.

When Clinton lost in 2016, it happened swiftly and decisively, like ripping off a bandaid. It was a shock to Democrats, but imagine if instead something like 2020 happened. Clinton crushes Trump in the "blue wall" states, only to agonizingly watch Trump chip away at that lead over the next 3 days, ultimately winning. That would have been so much more painful, and I imagine that's how many Republican voters feel right now. It's no wonder so many of them are buying into conspiracy theories, I can see how it appears to them that they were robbed.

Voting should be as easy as possible. The #1 reason that young people don't vote, it turns out, is that it can be difficult or time consuming. Maybe universal mail-in ballots is going too far, but certainly everyone should be able to request one easily and without excuse.

But something must be done about the order and manner in which they're counted.

Comments

Dan Druff:

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Sanchez View Post
    One thing that Druff is absolutely correct about is that the way this unfolded was a complete shitshow. It's just terrible optics to essentially count most of the Republican votes very quickly, and then painfully slowly count most of the Democrat votes. Most people didn't understand what was going on when Trump jumped to what appeared to be a commanding lead in MI, WI, and especially PA. Biden voters panicked and Trump voters got their hopes up. The belief that "polls are fake" was strongly reinforced, with even many liberals beginning to question the validity of statistical sampling.

When Clinton lost in 2016, it happened swiftly and decisively, like ripping off a bandaid. It was a shock to Democrats, but imagine if instead something like 2020 happened. Clinton crushes Trump in the "blue wall" states, only to agonizingly watch Trump chip away at that lead over the next 3 days, ultimately winning. That would have been so much more painful, and I imagine that's how many Republican voters feel right now. It's no wonder so many of them are buying into conspiracy theories, I can see how it appears to them that they were robbed.

Voting should be as easy as possible. The #1 reason that young people don't vote, it turns out, is that it can be difficult or time consuming. Maybe universal mail-in ballots is going too far, but certainly everyone should be able to request one easily and without excuse.

But something must be done about the order and manner in which they're counted.
    The GOP in the PA legislature could have prevented the shitshow over the vote counting in their state if they had agreed to a proposal by the Dems earlier in the year to count the mail-in ballots the same way Florida does: Aas they arrive. But the GOP there intentionally nixed that proposal to help Trump in his plan to foster doubt in the minds of the public about the legitimacy of the mail-in ballot votes, which in PA could NOT begin to be counted until the polls closed there on Election Day.

And Druff’s partisanism-driven criticism of mail-in voting legitimacy was his own way of helping Trump cloud their legitimacy in the minds of his supporters.

So, seriously, Druff. Own up to the bullshit you peddled about the likelihood of mail-in voter fraud most likely helping the Dems significantly cheat in this election, or STFU about the vote-counting shitshow your party intentionally orchestrated!!!

Comments

Crowe Diddly: I don;t give you enough rep, and that's not OK.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I'm sorry Mumbles, but was it only PA where the slow counting occurred?

I seem to recall it was an issue in lots of other states where you can't blame state-level Republicans.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    The GOP in the PA legislature could have prevented the shitshow over the vote counting in their state if they had agreed to a proposal by the Dems earlier in the year to count the mail-in ballots the same way Florida does: Aas they arrive. But the GOP there intentionally nixed that proposal to help Trump in his plan to foster doubt in the minds of the public about the legitimacy of the mail-in ballot votes, which in PA could NOT begin to be counted until the polls closed there on Election Day.
    Well if that was their scheme it didn't work, so I hope this mistake will be learned from and corrected. Just as Florida got their shit together to make sure that 2000 never happens again.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post

You don't care enough, but you want to disenfranchise millions of people over it. Thanks for clarifying.
    No, it's the opposite.

I don't care enough to research one individual claim, but it's incredibly easy to fraudlently vote by mail, as I've explained many times.

That's actually what disenfranchises people. If I submit a fraudulent vote which counters yours, I've erased your vote.
    There are many safeguards built in to prevent fraud, as others have posted.

Occasional fraud has been found over the years, but it is a tiny TINY fraction of voting. 6 or 7 decimal places out. And it's not disproportionately by either party. Sorry to burst your bubble.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric

I seem to recall it was an issue in lots of other states where you can't blame state-level Republicans.

Are you trying to say that Republicans stopping mail in ballots from being counted in PA before election day didn't make it take longer?

Load Metric

But as long as every state does it differently this kind of thing is going to happen. And if some states don't even OPEN mail-ins until the polls close for in-person voting this kind of thing is guaranteeed to happen.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric

But it was the most egregious case given the massive number of mail-in ballots that were expected, and Team Trump concentrated most of their bogus public relations effort, with Rudy Giuliani and Eric Trump even holding press conferences in the streets of Philadelphia, to claim the election had been stolen with “illegal” mail-in ballots.

Oh, and let’s not forget that 4 of the 5 other states that had very slow counting of mail-in ballots (AZ, GA, WI, NC) have legislatures controlled by Republicans, which would have needed to pass laws to speed up the counting of those ballots but either refused to consider the matter or nipped that idea in the bud.

https://ballotpedia.org/Historical_p...e_legislatures

But keep trying to excuse Trump’s GOP enablers on this matter with your faux concern on the vote counting “shitshow” that occurred this election.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric

But it was the most egregious case given the massive number of mail-in ballots that were expected, and Team Trump concentrated most of their bogus public relations effort, with Rudy Giuliani and Eric Trump even holding press conferences in the streets of Philadelphia, to claim the election had been stolen with “illegal” mail-in ballots.

Oh, and let’s not forget that 4 of the 5 other states that had very slow counting of mail-in ballots (AZ, GA, WI, NC) have legislatures controlled by Republicans, which would have needed to pass laws to speed up the counting of those ballots but either refused to consider the matter or nipped that idea in the bud.

https://ballotpedia.org/Historical_p...e_legislatures

But keep trying to excuse Trump’s GOP enablers on this matter with your faux concern on the vote counting “shitshow” that occurred this election.
    Name:  OnlyAdorableAoudad-small (1).gif
Views: 124
Size:  621.7 KB

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post

had skipped this thread before, but wanted to chime in. I'll be working my local election on Tuesday, and went through the training a few days ago.

If this happened in Boston, it would almost surely be caught. All mail in ballots are processed at the same local location that those voters would be normally be voting in, and all votes are accounted for in the same log books no matter how they are cast, mail-in or in person.

I’m sure you answered in your original but if you have a minute, do you mind explaining to my friend who is convinced his wife could’ve voted twice because she got 2 applications in MA, how they would go about identifying and stopping his wife from voting under her previous and current last names?

Thanks!

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 1marley1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe Diddly View Post

had skipped this thread before, but wanted to chime in. I'll be working my local election on Tuesday, and went through the training a few days ago.

If this happened in Boston, it would almost surely be caught. All mail in ballots are processed at the same local location that those voters would be normally be voting in, and all votes are accounted for in the same log books no matter how they are cast, mail-in or in person.

I’m sure you answered in your original but if you have a minute, do you mind explaining to my friend who is convinced his wife could’ve voted twice because she got 2 applications in MA, how they would go about identifying and stopping his wife from voting under her previous and current last names?

Thanks!
    no idea in that situation, but anyone willing to vote twice under their own name is recklessly dumb, imo.

Comments

1marley1: Thanks

Thread Information