Thread: ACR owner/CEO Phil Nagy throws Jonathan Little off ACR for bashing the site

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    My thoughts:

This one is actually more complicated than the matter of GGPoker, where they are banning so-called "bumhunters" out of pure greed.

This one is simply the case of an emotional site owner banning someone he dislikes. He decided that he's sick of Little publicly bashing ACR on his well-viewed stream, and booted him (while not confiscating any money).

On one hand, Phi Nagy does have the right to refuse service to anyone. However, at the same time, it's very bad form to ban someone simply for criticizing your site -- even if the criticism is wrong or unfair. I don't believe that Nagy feels Little is doing the criticism in order to promote the competition, or anything like that. He's just pissed off that Little bashes them constantly.

This is the first known instance of a ban from a poker site like this, however. It does set a bothersome precedent, especially in the US market, where players have limited choices for online poker, especially in states which don't have a legalized option (which is most of them).

Phil Nagy is in the wrong here, though I can understand his frustration to some degree. If you watch the video posted of Little's stream, you can hear Little making an unfounded accusation that he "always misses against the shill players".

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Little is now taking some heat again for his antics in 2008, where he shared his 100% rakeback "red pro" account with others on Full Tilt:

https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/2...ed-ftp-146213/

Full Tilt caught this and fired him, which caused a lot of backlash against him, for both exploiting his rakeback benefit and multiaccounting.

Load Metric
    ACR will last as long as their equipment does. Costa Rica has all old equipment that’s been passed around for years. It is also very hard to get good IT workers to go and work for an unregulated site in another country. One day it’s not going to take a band aid to fix whatever problem occurs. At that point, rather than buy all new stuff, my best guess is they take the money and run. I don’t see them around in 3 years. Nagy doing something like this only grows my suspicions that will be the case.

Load Metric
    lol they work hard for their money

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Here's Little's statement on 2+2:

Long story short, about two years ago an ACR shill (a pro who is paid by ACR to promote them) said your money is safer in ACR than in a US bank.

I then made a youtube video (I make lots of them) outlining the risks of keeping substantial money in an unlicensed/unregulated/illegal gambling site.

Phil Nagy started randomly trolling/being malicious to me on twitter, so I blocked him, as I do with all trolls.

Another ACR shill then made a youtube video that contained many blatant lies about me in an attempt to discredit me. They brought up the 14-year old incident where I shared my Full Tilt account with a friend to take advantage of my 100% rakeback account. I was banned for this, Full Tilt took the $250k from my account, I apologized, Full Tilt later unbanned me, I had the largest online cash of my life ($320k), I cashed it out, and it arrived in my bank account two days before Black Friday. In my content, I often use this incident as an example of what not to do, because it was obviously a horrible mistake by young idiot JL. The video made to discredit me claimed I multi-accounted (which was not true), among other things.

After COVOD, I started streaming my Sunday sessions on ACR. When people asked why I would play on an unlicensed/unregulated/illegal site, I made it clear they have lots of tournament volume and they have a great marketing department (aka the site is super soft). I also made it clear when people asked that they should not keep substantial money in any unlicensed/unregulated/illegal gambling site. I did this, keeping one day's worth of tournament buy-ins in my account at all times. I told people that if they could play on a legal site, they should play on it over the illegal ones.

I streamed roughly 12 weeks, answering these same questions many times, and eventually wrote something like "Do not keep money in unlicensed sites that you care about" because I was tired of answering the same question over and over again. I had a video of Maggie Simpson sucking that I would put up when I got outdrawn saying "Nagy'ed again!". It was clearly a joke. Whenever anyone said or mentioned the site is/may be rigged, I always said that I do not think it is rigged or that I am being cheated in any way (to be fair, I was winning at a high win rate).

Once when I made a bitcoin cash out, I made a poll on social media asking how much money would arrive in my btc account (because there was a few day waiting period between when I cashed out and when it arrives, and you will get a different amount than you asked for due to the currency fluctuations). It turns out they did not cheat me in any way, besides it taking a few days longer than they said it would, and I made it clear they did everything correctly.

So, as far as I can tell, ACR banned me for speaking poorly about their site more often than not. While I certainly do not feel entitled to play on any site, it seems quite aggressive to ban someone for saying they do not like you. Of course, I imagine they have in their terms that they can ban people for any reason.

I was told by their support that I would be cashed out in full. The first $10k transfer is currently processing. If it does not all arrive in a timely manner, I will let you all know.

Mason, Pertaining to your post, I was not recruiting anyone from his site (although my screen name was my training site's name). I have been told by many people who saw me stream that they started playing on ACR because they realized it was the best of the unregulated options (as I often stated), which I thought was true before today. Hopefully this does not set a precedent that it is fine to ban people because of their social media content.
    Source: https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/s...7&postcount=29

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    It doesn't appear that Little is being completely honest here.

I don't believe he was "joking" when slamming ACR about "always missing draws against shills", and things like that.

I think Little has a problem controlling his temper when losing (even though he wins overall), and goes into conspiracy mode. He has a hard time keeping his mouth shut while streaming -- a problem which has plagued Negreanu recently, as well.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Some unrelated Mason Malmuth stuff:

1) He stated that he doesn't like Jonathan Little because he "insulted" 2+2 management, and Mason was "tired of it". I've never seen these insults, but they likely happened at some point. It appears from a subsequent post by Jonathan that their feud dates back 15 or so years, when Mason refused to publish Jonathan's book.

2) Mason managed to get in a slam at PFA in this post. LOL

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

1) He stated that he doesn't like Jonathan Little because he "insulted" 2+2 management, and Mason was "tired of it". I've never seen these insults, but they likely happened at some point. It appears from a subsequent post by Jonathan that their feud dates back 15 or so years, when Mason refused to publish Jonathan's book.

I’d like to add exhibit A to the case of Phil being a mega hypocrite. Somebody forgot to tell Phil the Internet is forever and this was from Dec 2019, oh and before I forget screw Mason Mallmutt.

Name:  358FBAC2-939A-460E-BB74-3E692E5C3B76.png
Views: 453
Size:  1.47 MB

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by ftpjesus View Post

I’d like to add exhibit A to the case of Phil being a mega hypocrite. Somebody forgot to tell Phil the Internet is forever and this was from Dec 2019, oh and before I forget screw Mason Mallmutt.
    Read the thread, dipshit, so you don't post exactly the same thing someone else did a few posts before.

link for the lazy: https://pokerfraudalert.com/forum/sh...l=1#post925110

Comments

ftpjesus: That tweet you quoted is missing from Twitter now so my post is the only evidence now Crowe.

Load Metric

That thread on 2+2 is hilarious. Mason looks ridiculous. Brandon was bang on during the radio segment -- Mason is so petty. "We don't like Little" is such an arrogant and unnecessary statement.

Here's the crux of Mason's beef with JL about the book stuff:

-15 years ago JL presented Mason with an idea (not yet a manuscript) for a book.
    -Mason brushed him off and JL ended up publishing a book elsewhere.
    -JL interpreted Mason brushing him off as "turning down his book."
    -Meanwhile, Mason doesn't consider this as "turning down a book" because he thinks you need to submit a full manuscript for it to be "turned down."
    -Mason calls JL a "liar" for saying that 2+2 "turned down his book."

Mason cannot seem to process this misunderstanding. Why? Because he's an arrogant asshole.

My favourite part of the thread is that Mason keeps posting old PMs between him and JL and other posters are calling him on it as bad form (pun intended).

The PMs are hilarious. Mason keeps pointing out what he sees as "poor writing" in JL's PMs. Look at this one:

https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/s...&postcount=269

I mean, wtf? It's a fucking PM. What a condescending prick. And his revisions aren't even an improvement. Mason seems to think he's some kind of gifted writer when he's simply not. People aren't buying 2+2 books for the eloquent prose.

Then a poster called Mason out for having overinflated opinions of his own editing skills and suggested that 2+2's new history book is riddled with bad writing. That poster hilariously started this thread: https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/3...-quot-1777578/

I love that the poster acknowledges that he'll probably get banned for daring to question the editing skills of the great Mason Malmuth. And he's probably right. By the way, that history book sounds like absolute trash. Will not read. 0/10.

Mason is also demanding JL continue to apologize for this and that. He also tells him he needs to seek professional help. Imagine being so arrogant. Mason is the one who is mentally ill. He's an ego maniac.

And here he's crying about some twitter voting bracket to determine the best poker book. Apparently it's unfair because his stupid fucking books aren't going to win an internet voting contest. https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/s...&postcount=306

Finally, here's Mason demanding that Todd bow down to him like a bitch. https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/s...&postcount=238

Druff, I hope you tell that old dork to shove it up his ass. And Mason, if you're reading this, it's a well known fact that Milton Friedman was a closet Communist who would have absolutely hated you.

Comments

JeffDime: Great Breakdown +++

Dan Druff:

circuitp:

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Shrink summarized the situation well.

As I told Mason in the thread, I quickly summarized the beginning of his beef with Jonathan Little. Then I read further and saw there was a tedious back and forth between them which I didn't feel like reading. Then Mason got butthurt that one of the details I posted was slightly corrected by both parties (that JL didn't submit a manuscript, only an idea), and I didn't correct my version.

But who fucking cares? I was trying to explain the source of the beef, and I got it mostly right. This is only a side story to the whole JL/Nagy thing anyway. To be honest, the intricacies of it are not very interesting.

Thanks to Shrink for posting a good Cliffs Notes of the situation. I have tried many times to squash the beef with Mason, and make the relationship between our two sites cooperative rather than adversarial. It appears he is too petty and pedantic to ever let that happen. The guy is like 70 years old, and is still completely self unaware.

I decided I'm not changing my post. People can read Shrink's version if they want the longer and completely accurate assessment of the story.

Comments

The Shrink: Good call

Load Metric
    Site is infested with bots that the players have to catch since acr security is lol, also huds, people timing down because can't handle the amount of tables , also no showdowns mucked working on a fix for this for years. Ignition is hands down just for huds not being effective if playing zoom

Load Metric
    It doesn't appear that Little is being completely honest here.

I don't believe he was "joking" when slamming ACR about "always missing draws against shills", and things like that.

I think Little has a problem controlling his temper when losing (even though he wins overall), and goes into conspiracy mode. He has a hard time keeping his mouth shut while streaming -- a problem which has plagued Negreanu recently, as well.
    I'm going to have to disagree with you here. Jonathan was definitely joking. He's even said he was joking when he said that and he doesn't understand people who don't understand that. Like saying "Seinfeld" is a drama and people not realizing you're joking.

When I get beat by a 2-outer on the river in a huge pot on Stars I sometimes post "rigged" in the chat. I am joking of course but there is seemingly a large section of society who don't get dry humor or sarcasm(you're one of 'em?).

Bronze
    Load Metric
    In live poker, we have different expectations from poker pros versus recreational players.

Same applies online to people who make poker their business. Little has made poker his business - a very public business - and as a consequence, how he acts and what he says has implications for the sites. He should be grateful that he is able to run his business through ACR and if he is actually a winning player, he should be grateful that they let him drain the poker economy, month after month. Saying stupid things is fine for recreational players - it is not fine for people who make poker their business.

Druff made a good observation about Matusow talking trash while at Full Tilt. Aside from poor management and oversight, those were the days when everyone was getting rich quickly so these smaller issues were not a priority for a site like Full Tilt. But even so, Matusow's moniker is "the mouth" and it is expected that he will talk trash so he gets more of a pass... but not enough of a pass to have been part of the FT ownership or having a bigger stake in it. Maybe if Matusow was a bit less "the mouth" he would've had a share of FT or at least a more generous contract.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by apwiz View Post
    In live poker, we have different expectations from poker pros versus recreational players.

Same applies online to people who make poker their business. Little has made poker his business - a very public business - and as a consequence, how he acts and what he says has implications for the sites. He should be grateful that he is able to run his business through ACR and if he is actually a winning player, he should be grateful that they let him drain the poker economy, month after month. Saying stupid things is fine for recreational players - it is not fine for people who make poker their business.

Druff made a good observation about Matusow talking trash while at Full Tilt. Aside from poor management and oversight, those were the days when everyone was getting rich quickly so these smaller issues were not a priority for a site like Full Tilt. But even so, Matusow's moniker is "the mouth" and it is expected that he will talk trash so he gets more of a pass... but not enough of a pass to have been part of the FT ownership or having a bigger stake in it. Maybe if Matusow was a bit less "the mouth" he would've had a share of FT or at least a more generous contract.
    He was offered an early share but choose to use the money to shoot off on sports while he was in jail.

Silver
    Load Metric
    This guy is a moron for bad talking a site he was robbing. You gotta romance the suckers - a lesson many winning gamblers never learn.

This Phil guy seems like an idiot and I predict he unbans him.

Thread Information