Thread: Chris Moneymaker's 2+2 account hacked by money trade scammers

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Chris Moneymaker's 2+2 account hacked by money trade scammers

https://twitter.com/CMONEYMAKER/status/1303701724067237888

Would be hilarious if Chris just needed the $ and is using this as an excuse. (I believe him, though.)

Load Metric
    My 2p2 account being compromised and being used to fake a P2P transfer is actually what brought me to PFA.

Obviously I'm not a big name in poker but I was fairly active in the 2p2 trading forum.

I was notified by a friend that my name was being thrown around as being a scammer and linked me to the thread.

I soon found out that my PocketFives account had also been hacked. (Same name and password)

The person accusing me of scamming them was a brand new account and said I scammed them on P5s. They even went as far as producing a western Union receipt as "proof" they sent me money. (You only need the state, and name of the person you're sending to)

It turns out the western union receipt was legit, however the sender had canceled the transaction and got a refund less than 1 hour after the transaction was made (meaning the money was never sent)

About a week later, the guy claiming I scammed him, was posting in the trading thread and pointing people that he was scammed, in order to get people to send first....turns out he scammed several people under that new name and was banned less than 1 week later.

The admins was able to see a couple of logins from my account from different IP addresses in a different area that I was not in. They agreed to let me create a new account, but refused to ban my AhoosierA 2p2 account.

After that happened, I decided to fight more against scammers and that's eventually how I found PFA.

Load Metric
    Tweet implies he will be asking for money elsewhere.

Thread Information