Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: This is CNN

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

This is CNN

So you may have heard about the California wildfire currently burning because of one of those idiotic gender reveal parties.

CNN did an article today about the originator of the gender reveal parties (who used cake, not pyrotechnics) asking everyone to stop doing it. Then the article ran through various incidents where damage/death occurred from these parties, over the past few years.

Okay, so far, so good.

But then we got this passage in the second half:

Parties uphold gender norms, critics say

Danger aside, there's also overwhelming criticism of the parties as a system that upholds the gender binary -- that is, it's either a boy, or a girl.

Karvunidis herself has hinted at this criticism as well. In 2019, she wrote that "assigning focus on gender at birth leaves out so much of their potential and talents that have nothing to do with what's between their legs."

Studies have backed up this same notion.

One such study, published in 2017 by Carly Gieseler in the Journal of Gender Studies, characterized the harms of the gender reveal party like this: "It allows adults to recuperate what they have learned from their own gendered constructions, reinscribing expectations and assumptions onto the unwritten body of the unborn and propelling these ideals into the digital, social, public world."
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/07/us/ge...rnd/index.html

Guess what, everyone? "Assigning focus on gender at birth" inscribes "expecations and assumptions onto the unwritten body of the unborn".

This is a "news" article on CNN, not the ramblings of some idiotic SJW on Facebook. They're actually trying to tell us that you shouldn't state whether your baby is a boy or a girl, because the kid might later decide they're trans. Therefore you can't say your kid is any gender until they decide for themselves.

The party of science, everyone.

Load Metric
    Cable news is the fucking drizzling shits. I've turned off all cable news networks and refuse to go on any of their websites and my anxiety has improved fold.

Comments

MumblesBadly: I’m “ultra-liberal” and agree about cable news. Worse than 1950s “vast wasteland”

Buck Nasty: Smart man
    Last edited by Bootsy Collins; 09-07-2020 at 08:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RealTalk View Post
    Lol at the amount of effort that druff's friends have to exert trying to do an internet podcast without offending him.

Load Metric

What gender did they come out as?

Three pronouns: "him," "her" or "their."

The following are the 58 gender options identified by ABC News:

Agender
    Androgyne
    Androgynous
    Bigender
    Cis
    Cisgender
    Cis Female
    Cis Male
    Cis Man
    Cis Woman
    Cisgender Female
    Cisgender Male
    Cisgender Man
    Cisgender Woman
    Female to Male
    FTM
    Gender Fluid
    Gender Nonconforming
    Gender Questioning
    Gender Variant
    Genderqueer
    Intersex
    Male to Female
    MTF
    Neither
    Neutrois
    Non-binary
    Other
    Pangender
    Trans
    Trans*
    Trans Female
    Trans* Female
    Trans Male
    Trans* Male
    Trans Man
    Trans* Man
    Trans Person
    Trans* Person
    Trans Woman
    Trans* Woman
    Transfeminine
    Transgender
    Transgender Female
    Transgender Male
    Transgender Man
    Transgender Person
    Transgender Woman
    Transmasculine
    Transsexual
    Transsexual Female
    Transsexual Male
    Transsexual Man
    Transsexual Person
    Transsexual Woman
    Two-Spirit

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Just wait until your kid hits high school, all this comes to a head.

It’s cool to call yourself trans or bi these days...seems like half the kids identify as one.

PRAY FOR BEN

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    This is a "news" article on CNN, not the ramblings of some idiotic SJW on Facebook. They're actually trying to tell us that you shouldn't state whether your baby is a boy or a girl, because the kid might later decide they're trans. Therefore you can't say your kid is any gender until they decide for themselves.

The party of science, everyone.
    Well, perhaps the most accurate way to identify one’s child these days would be to use known probabilities of gender types to estimate what the likelihood of the child’s gender at such “gender reveal” parties. Could lead to a booming business in customized reveal-party banners.

Name:  AA1EA60D-E629-43F9-91E4-76BF9EFC440C.jpeg
Views: 407
Size:  90.8 KB

Comments

Starbucks Spunk Bucket: LOL
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    Interesting Joe Rogan interview of Abigail Shrier on this topic.

I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    druff likes to be lied to

he watches fox then comes to pfa and reports what he watched on fox

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by big dick View Post

Other than the CNN article stating that there was "overwhelming" criticism of these parties because it leads to pushing gender norms (lol overwhelming), where are the lies?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Face it, big dick, your party has left you.

It's no longer about taxing the rich and supporting unions.

That's just a sliver of what the left is about nowadays. The above is what they now find important. They've been hijacked by extremist wack jobs, and nobody prominent is willing to stand up to them.

Load Metric

That's just a sliver of what the left is about nowadays. The above is what they now find important. They've been hijacked by extremist wack jobs, and nobody prominent is willing to stand up to them.

Wait so is the 'overwhelming' part of the article a lie or not?

Load Metric
    I think the 'overwhelming' part is an exaggeration (ok, lie) but the lie that Big Dick was referring to is this one:

That's just a sliver of what the left is about nowadays. The above is what they now find important.
    Obviously dealing with transphobia is one issue that the Democrats are working on, but you're exaggerating just like cnn.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by big dick View Post

Other than the CNN article stating that there was "overwhelming" criticism of these parties because it leads to pushing gender norms (lol overwhelming), where are the lies?
    Can't find it on the web atm but I watched some asshole on fox the other day say the Atlantic story is made up

Like 2 days after Fox confirmed it

Fox also shelters you lemmings. They hide stories from you guys they also down play things and they also exaggerate stories

Like Seattle for instance

Or portland the entire city is not burning but if you open fox on an average day you would think it was

You and the like are being duped

You're a mark druff. The politics you believed in no long exist in the Republican party.

Shit i'm more of a traditional republican than you are

You're a trumptard now

You support people that not only don't support our troops but actually makes fun of them
    Last edited by big dick; 09-08-2020 at 07:45 PM.

Load Metric

SEPTEMBER 7, 2020
    Joe Biden Meeting with Labor Leaders in Lancaster, Pennsylvania
    2020 Democratic presidential nominwe Joe Biden met with four union members and veterans in a residential backyard in Lancaster,… read more

You will never beat me

The reason you will never beat me is because I have a built in advantage

I support a sane rational party that doesn't lie non stop

You support a racist party of rich pigs who hate everyone and lie non stop

trump has lied to you over 22,000 times

How do you feel about being lied to by one man 22.000 times?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    big dick, you support a party which now exists around identity politics.

I mean, look what's going on with Jacob Blake. The dude is a likely rapist who was shot while committing a crime and resisting arrest, and your VP candidate is calling him, saying she's "proud" of him. He's being canonized a saint because he happens to be black and shot by the police.

It's just all so awful, performative, and hypocritical. Everything about today's Democrats revolves around demonstrating how much you care, but not on actually doing tangible things to help. People from "victim" classes are shielded from criticism, unless they're Republicans. They are using COVID as a political prop, rather than responsibly reporting on it. All white people are supposed to feel guilty, and beg for forgiveness, while quietly hiding out in their safe gated communities and letting the black people keep killing each other. Enforcing the law and giving fair prison sentences is somehow racist. Saying that a newborn is a boy or girl is supposedly offensive to trans people. Rioting and looting is okay, as long as it's for a "good" reason. Gathering in big crowds is totally unsafe and selfish, unless it's a giant BLM rally, in which case it's a beautiful thing.

It's just pure insanity and idiocy, and I can't understand how any rational human being would support this crap. I was able to understand Democrats of the past. I didn't agree with them, but I understood them, and I even occasionally felt they had some good points. Not anymore. Today's left is completely off the rails. Priorities are super-misplaced, and it's become more about symbolism and less about substance than ever before.

Yeah, I know what you're going to say: "Blah blah blah Trump... blah blah blah Trump."

But Trump is one guy. Your entire side is crazy. I realize that there are some reasonable Democrats left, but they've been drowned out by the lunacy, and the crazies have taken over.

This is your Democratic Party. Time to face reailty.

Load Metric
    Druff I find it funny how you can identify how far left that Democrats have gone....but you can't look yourself in the mirror and see how far right the Republicans are.

IMO this is the biggest problem in the US right now. You're either far left or far right. If you're in the middle it's just as bad as being on the opposite side.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post
    Druff I find it funny how you can identify how far left that Democrats have gone....but you can't look yourself in the mirror and see how far right the Republicans are.

IMO this is the biggest problem in the US right now. You're either far left or far right. If you're in the middle it's just as bad as being on the opposite side.
    What “far right” positions has the Republicans Party taken? Can you cite some examples cause I can’t think of any.
    Last edited by BiffCo99; 09-09-2020 at 02:25 PM.

Load Metric
    All the crazy shit going on in our country

Front page fox news they are talking about supreme court appointments

Clowns

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BiffCo99 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post

What “far right” positions has the Republicans Party taken? Can you cite some examples cause I can’t think of any.
    They've gone from campaigning on Christian values to spreading word that there's a war on Christianity. Political opponents, journalist, or any public critic really is labeled as an enemy that wants to destroy everything you love if allowed to.

The whole 'us vs them' has been taken to 'far right' extremes, both domestically and with any other country, including some of our strongest allies.

Tons of focus on Nationality, very little on Humanity.

They label things they don't agree with as communist.

I could go on if you like...

Thread Information