Thread: Frontier in Southern CA is really garbage -- has dropped all regional sports networks

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Frontier in Southern CA is really garbage -- has dropped all regional sports networks

No Dodgers (for several years now)
    No Angels (recent)
    No Lakers (since 2019-2020 season)
    No LA Kings

No MLB Network

These cheap fucks just decided to save a bunch of money per subscriber by dumping all the sports. They also have customer service so terrible that it makes the cable company look customer friendly (not even kidding).

I was going to dump them right before baseball season started in April, and then a certain virus came, and I didn't want the cable installer in my house.

I think I'm going to throw caution to the wind pretty soon and just do it. I guess I have a little time because baseball is not far from entering the playoffs shortly (and honestly, we know the Dodgers will be the 1 seed already), and the NBA is already in the playoffs. And I don't give a shit about hockey (sorry simpdog).

I've lost interest in the NBA somewhat because off all the woke pandering.

But seriously... I'm so sick of Frontier. Everyone in my town hates them, too. They took a bath when they stupidly bought the FIOS and home phone service market from Verizon for a shitload of $, so now they are pounding customers in the ass.

Gold
    Load Metric
    I have DirecTV. They just added the Dodger channel this year, but I have barely watched. Having basketball and football overlap with baseball season means not going to be watching much baseball in September, at least for me.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalam View Post
    I have DirecTV. They just added the Dodger channel this year, but I have barely watched. Having basketball and football overlap with baseball season means not going to be watching much baseball in September, at least for me.
    I had them at a different residence in the past. They were ok, but I hated the equipment situation. You basically had to buy your own equipment, and they had a third party company they'd send over to install it for you. If the installers fucked up, they took zero responsibility. It was like having to deal with several companies at once just to get TV.

Plus they had no internet option (because it's satellite), so you can't bundle internet or anything like that. I was stuck getting separate internet via the cable company, and separate home phone service through the phone company. What a mess.

This was a long time ago, but I really soured on DirecTV after some idiocy I went through. Long story short, their installers fucked up, I noticed it months later, I had the smoking gun proof it was their fault, they admitted I was right, and they STILL wanted to charge me for the visit to fix it!! And when I objected, they treated me like I was a crazy person.

Anyway, I'm going to go with the cable company before next MLB season.

Fuck Frontier.

Thread Information