Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dan Bilzerian accused of wrongdoing involving his legalized pot company IGNITE

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Not surprising. The brand seems more about being cool than about providing a quality product at a fair price.
    Let me tell you about stoners. They don’t give two fucks about branding. They want good dope at a good price, and a clean, friendly place to buy it. They hate being “burned” (if you don’t understand this term, read the Freak Brothers Comics). The absolute worst marketing thing a dispensary can do is rep a mediocre product. A celebrity can blow up a strain, like Snoop did with Green Crack, or maybe generate short term buzz for a dispensary, but not a manufacturer. The market just doesn’t work that way for a variety of reasons.

Comments

sonatine: fat freddie's cat for life
    Last edited by Jayjami; 10-13-2020 at 07:52 AM.

Load Metric
    honestly this is such a true post ^

potheads used to be content smoking shit they scraped out of a pipe they found in a club bathroom.

todays potheads are prosumer grade chemists. they dont give a shit about branding or celeb endorsements, they give a shit about terpenes, thc/cbd ratios, genealogy, and cost.

like honestly i have never in my fucking life seen wu tang brand weed in a dispensary. if that brand couldnt catch wind, branding in weed is dead money.

Comments

rum dick: fat freddie's cat for life? When did gare join the dope game?
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    honestly this is such a true post ^

potheads used to be content smoking shit they scraped out of a pipe they found in a club bathroom.

todays potheads are prosumer grade chemists. they dont give a shit about branding or celeb endorsements, they give a shit about terpenes, thc/cbd ratios, genealogy, and cost.

like honestly i have never in my fucking life seen wu tang brand weed in a dispensary. if that brand couldnt catch wind, branding in weed is dead money.
    I dunno, Chong's Choice seems to be doing pretty well.

Load Metric
    Dan Bilzerian's father Paul actually runs Ignite.

Dan has no idea how to fill out a financial statement.

80% of Dan's instagram followers are fake.

Ignite is $0.27 a share.

Company has $68 million market cap.

Ignite is finished.

They are looking for a sucker to buy the company.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayjami View Post
    Not surprising. The brand seems more about being cool than about providing a quality product at a fair price.
    Let me tell you about stoners. They don’t give two fucks about branding. They want good dope at a good price, and a clean, friendly place to buy it. They hate being “burned” (if you don’t understand this term, read the Freak Brothers Comics). The absolute worst marketing thing a dispensary can do is rep a mediocre product. A celebrity can blow up a strain, like Snoop did with Green Crack, or maybe generate short term buzz for a dispensary, but not a manufacturer. The market just doesn’t work that way for a variety of reasons.

Good response

You know recently ive been in a new situation, and where all of the marijuana I can buy should be of the highest quality, at least imo. But recently, yes ok good, but def not walls down best dank or close you would imagine. Its not even close, just good bud yeah but makes me miss being a teen-ager again or something lol... maybe im just kind of a bud snob and have been spoiled over the years, and didn't even realize it idk. Good read there.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Load Metric
    In 2018, Dan bought a five acre home in Las Vegas for $8.5 million. Dan owns some expensive cars, probably has a few million in cash and whatever his stock in Ignite is worth.

In 2019, he put his other home up for sale, $5.1 million.

He bought it for $4.1 million. It sold for $3.2 million.

It's going to be a while before he hosts another party like this...

Load Metric
    This guy doesn’t understand anything about the nature and purpose of pleadings. Also, that jury trial date means nothing, especially in LA county. And the “Let’s start a go fund me page“ plea at the end, just lol.

Diamond Pro Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe's Avatar
    Load Metric
    let's clear something up: potheads are straight up SMART. they're above you, they're in the know, they're mentally strong and in tune with reality.

Comments

Bootsy Collins: SFTrue

Load Metric
    Ignite is now trading at $0.45 a share.

Ignite's market cap is $120.312 million.

Is Dan Bilzerian offering free blow jobs again?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Dan Bilzerian claims he is purchasing $25 million worth of IGNITE shares: https://www.globenewswire.com/news-r...TE-Shares.html

Tom Nash calls bullshit:

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    In case you didn't feel like watching the video, here's the claim Nash is making:

He says that Dan's "$25 million purchase of shares" was in reality a repayment of a $20 million loan IGNITE had coming due, plus an investment of $5 million cash, in exchange for $25 million in shares.

Tom claims that's not a real $25 million. I disagree. It is a real $25 million. Who cares if $20 million of it needed to go to pay back a loan?

Now, Tom does raise a good point that, if this story about the loan is true, that means IGNITE only gained $5 million in operating cash from the transaction. Yeah, okay, but honestly this whole story is kind of a nothingburger.

The more interesting accusation is regarding the origin of the money. Nash claims it came from Dan's convicted felon father Paul, who has long been accused of funding Dan's lifestyle. That's a more interesting development, but there's no way to prove it, so Nash only presents it as rumor.

Anyway, it looks like either Dan or Paul Bilzerian wants to see this company survive a bit longer, so it won't be crashing to the ground in 2020.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Tom also insists that Dan wants the brand to stay alive because his entire identity is attached to it. Tom described Dan and IGNITE as "Siamese twins", in that both will die if one dies.

Again, I disagree. While IGNITE depends on Dan's image, the reverse isn't true. Dan's image does NOT depend upon IGNITE. If IGNITE fails, Dan can say something like, "We tried, the business didn't work out, oh well. Hey, guys, look at me shooting guns and hanging out with hot chicks!!!"

And his brand will be fine.

That's what is annoying about Nash. His videos seem to be a mix of factual-looking information, and a lot of incorrect conclusions which seem to be emotionally driven.

Load Metric
    Dan is a lousy businessman.

All he wants to do is smoke weed and fuck whores.

Ignite is the only cannabis company that doesn't make any money.

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXFactor View Post
    Dan is a lousy businessman.

All he wants to do is smoke weed and fuck whores.

Ignite is the only cannabis company that doesn't make any money.
    I mean I'll agree that Dan is a lousy businessman, but lol if you think Ignite is the only cannabis company that doesn't make any money. Very easy to lose money in cannabis if, for instance, you're scamming and get caught ( https://www.greenmarketreport.com/cw...oses-licenses/ ) or if you don't have a license to sell at retail where the margins are highest. Margins on wholesale cultivation and production, which it appears are the only things Ignite does besides burn money, are razor thin.

Load Metric
    good video that came out about a week ago regarding dan's "law enforcement credentials"

if you remember the video of him during the vegas shootings trying to get a gun from a real cop this is pretty funny

also interesting how bill perkins has gone to bat before on twitter regarding dan being a real cop - i wonder if he really believes that and what other lies about dan is he blind to - despite his wealth, perkins has never struck me as being really bright

more info regarding the NM town badge mill

Comments

Dan Druff:

Tellafriend:
    Hi Lew!!!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Really interesting.

We've seen many movies and TV dramas about corrupt small town cops who abuse their police powers and victimize innocent people.

I had always wondered if there would eventually be a scandal somehow linked to such a thing, but I never picture a badge mill. But it makes total sense that such a thing could (and did) happen.

Something not covered in either video is that presumably these fake officers could do "investigations" on their enemies with the help of their purchased law enforcement credentials. Many people and businesses will cooperate and give out private information if they see proof that they are being contacted by a "real" police officer. I wonder if any of these guys abused it in this fashion. I have to imagine some did.

Also, as mentioned in one of the videos, all of these "officers" had full privileges in the state of New Mexico. That's a loophole I always didn't like -- that an officer of a tiny police department could wreak havoc upon people's lives within the same state.

Looks like none of the "officers" are likely to be charged with anything, but perhaps the ringleader of the whole thing will.

Load Metric
    Really interesting.

We've seen many movies and TV dramas about corrupt small town cops who abuse their police powers and victimize innocent people.

I had always wondered if there would eventually be a scandal somehow linked to such a thing, but I never picture a badge mill.
    Name:  1d52295ef683a8350b9ff4c087d03bf0.jpg
Views: 299
Size:  50.7 KB

Load Metric
    LOL.

Dan should stop selling marijuana and start selling pussy.

Comments

Cerveza Fria:

Load Metric
    Dan Bilzerian's instagram followers are fake but so are Kim Kardashian's and Kylie Jenner's.

They need to be arrested for fraud.

Thread Information