Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Woke poker pros and celebrities donating to Minnesota Freedom Fund, which pledges to bail rioters out of jail

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by MumblesBadly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Scott Seiver made a really dumb version of that "clown having his makeup put on" meme about me, related to my Minnesota Freedom Fund claims.

Almost nobody clicked the like button despite his large Twitter following.

That guy has irritated me from the first moment I met him, and that was long before I knew his politics.

Okay, carry on.
    Druff, why do you only obsess about potential fraud committed by “liberals” when the Orange Assmonkey in the Oval Office has committed countless frauds AND has corruptly propped up his resorts and family businesses using directed government expenditures and quod pro quo sweetheart deals with foreign powers since he got into office?
    The fraud I was speaking of (the MN Freedom Fund) has been mostly criticized by people on the LEFT who donated to it, and felt duped. Go look at their Twitter if you don't believe me.

I took an interest in this fund in the first place because Ike Haxton convinced a bunch of woke poker pros (and woke fans of poker) to donate to it. So it had a connection to this community.

None of this qualifies for any "whataboutism" involving Trump, unless you're just looking to cause a distraction.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    BUMP

Fox 9 in Minneapolis did a report on who was bailed out by this fund:

https://www.fox9.com/news/minnesota-...violent-crimes

Among those bailed out by the Minnesota Freedom Fund (MFF) is a suspect who shot at police, a woman accused of killing a friend, and a twice convicted sex offender, according to court records reviewed by the FOX 9 Investigators.

According to attempted murder charges, Jaleel Stallings shot at members of a SWAT Team during the riots in May. Police recovered a modified pistol that looks like an AK-47. MFF paid $75,000 in cash to get Stallings out of jail.

Darnika Floyd is charged with second degree murder, for stabbing a friend to death. MFF paid $100,000 cash for her release.

Christopher Boswell, a twice convicted rapist, is currently charged with kidnapping, assault, and sexual assault in two separate cases. MFF paid $350,000 in cash for his release.

“The last time we were down there, the clerk said, ‘we hate it when you bail out these sex offenders, that is what they said',” Lewin said.

Lewin said for MFF it is not about the crime, it’s about the system.

Money well spent, guys!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    At least 13 Biden staffers donated to this fund, too: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-m...-idUSKBN2360SZ

A Biden/Harris Administration will totally be tough on crime, though!!!!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Lionel Timms, bailed out by the Minnesota Freedom Fund, went right out a few weeks later, nearly beat a "respected member of the community" to death, and caused the guy's brain to bleed.

https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2020/...-freedom-fund/

Laughably, the Minnesota Freedom Fund blamed the justice system for this, claiming they didn't give Timms "enough support" upon release!

Today's left is really becoming a caricature of itself.

Democrats are just mind-bogglingly bad at crime and punishment. It's a really, really huge weakness, and it's the reason they will never dominate American politics for any real length of time, no matter how badly Republicans screw up.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I guess it wasn't a scam, though. Rather than steal the $35 million, they're simply using the money to bail twice-convicted rapists out of jail for $350k per pop.

How much do you think these poker pros strained their shoulders patting themselves on the back for donating to this fund back in May and June?

I also love how I was mocked at the time as a jerk and a racist, when I expressed concerns about the harm that a fund like this could do to society. Once again, time has made fools of the gullible woke left.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Remember when woke poker pros and celebrities thought they were donating to a fund which helps peaceful-but-poor protesters get bailed out of jail, after they were unjustly arrested by the big, bad, brutal Minnesota police force?

What a shock that it didn't work out that way.

Guilty white liberals are some of the most gullible human beings on the planet.

Also LOL @ Kamala being tricked by both this and Jussie. Oy vey.

Gold
    Load Metric
    Remember when woke poker pros and celebrities thought they were donating to a fund which helps peaceful-but-poor protesters get bailed out of jail, after they were unjustly arrested by the big, bad, brutal Minnesota police force?

What a shock that it didn't work out that way.

Guilty white liberals are some of the most gullible human beings on the planet.

Also LOL @ Kamala being tricked by both this and Jussie. Oy vey.
    https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/1306537194958528512

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Waiting for the PFA left to defend this one, or to defend no-cash bail.

Load Metric

It’s happening everywhere. Republicans support it in large part too. Fucking stupid and short sighted. But those folks won’t be released back into their neighborhoods.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellafriend View Post

It’s happening everywhere. Republicans support it in large part too. Fucking stupid and short sighted. But those folks won’t be released back into their neighborhoods.
    I don't know any Republicans who support it. Can you link me to anything indicating this?

In general, Repubicans don't support anything which allows violent criminals to spend less time in jail or prison.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Also I can't even call no-cash-bail "short sighted".

NYC tried it starting November 2019, and it was an immediate disaster. Violent criminals would be kicked loose, and return to commit similar crimes within days.

No-cash-bail is one of those things which sounds fair and correct if you don't think about it too hard, but is a horrendous idea when applied on a practical level. Basically, if you don't have any skin in the game, you're much more likely to reoffend upon release, and much more likely to vanish.

NYC claimed that their system was only for "nonviolent" offenders, but of course that never turns out to be true, because the definition of "nonviolent" is so subjective. In one case in NYC, a crazy anti-Semitic woman was going into Brooklyn and beating up orthodox Jewish women. She was arrested, released on no-cash-bail as a supposed "nonviolent" offender (lol), and she went right back out to beat up more random Jewish women.

That was a textbook case of why this is such a horrible idea.

Bail funds are even worse, because the system assumes the deterrence of large bail amounts, yet the bail is being posted by a third party group with no connection to the criminal. Thus, the criminal has little incentive not to skip bail or reoffend.

Once again, the left is horrible at crime and punishment.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellafriend View Post

I don't know any Republicans who support it. Can you link me to anything indicating this?

In general, Repubicans don't support anything which allows violent criminals to spend less time in jail or prison.

Uh “criminal justice reform” is happening everywhere and president kushner just reduced the sentences of thousands of felons and promises more.

Load Metric

NYC tried it starting November 2019, and it was an immediate disaster. Violent criminals would be kicked loose, and return to commit similar crimes within days.

No-cash-bail is one of those things which sounds fair and correct if you don't think about it too hard, but is a horrendous idea when applied on a practical level. Basically, if you don't have any skin in the game, you're much more likely to reoffend upon release, and much more likely to vanish.

NYC claimed that their system was only for "nonviolent" offenders, but of course that never turns out to be true, because the definition of "nonviolent" is so subjective. In one case in NYC, a crazy anti-Semitic woman was going into Brooklyn and beating up orthodox Jewish women. She was arrested, released on no-cash-bail as a supposed "nonviolent" offender (lol), and she went right back out to beat up more random Jewish women.

Bail funds are even worse, because the system assumes the deterrence of large bail amounts, yet the bail is being posted by a third party group with no connection to the criminal. Thus, the criminal has little incentive not to skip bail or reoffend.

We don't have a bail system. I don't think we've ever had one. Either you're a threat and/or flight risk or not. No amount of money is going to change that.

It's not really the systems fault that you keep releasing violent offenders. You do it with cash bail as well.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Really? Non violence is a subjective term? Laws and or sentences tend to be definition oriented
    because a lot is on the line. I would say the opposite is true.

I'm so glad you bothered to include an example to support your theory.
    That one example, even if completely accurate, does not support your opinion at
    all. Many thousands of cases have to been considered before a consesus
    is reached

Thread Information