Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My PayPal is officially donkdown

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

My PayPal is officially donkdown

This account lasted a long time, but it was killed for unknown reasons.

For the first time ever, I can't blame it on someone sending me money and putting something stupid in the description field. It really died for unknown reasons.

RIP

... and if you want freeroll $, find a different way to get paid for now.

Comments

shoeshine box: ty for the heads up

Load Metric
    ugh fucking antifa
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    THANKS OBAMA

Load Metric
    Use the Cash App.

Be careful though, if you link it to your bank account and your email gets "hacked" because you use the same password for everything, "they" can drain all the money from your bank account. There is no customer service number for the Cash App, just an email address. This app is okay for small transactions.

Load Metric
    Can you do a transfer on ACR yet?

Load Metric
    Thanks a lot, Obama!

But seriously, how will people get paid for the freeroll through the unidentified yet popular online payment solution that is often used to send money to people electronically?

Comments

JeffDime: Hahaha

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

For the first time ever, I can't blame it on someone sending me money and putting something stupid in the description field. It really died for unknown reasons.

RIP

I had a PayPal account for 15 years and everything was good, I used it lots. I even had the debit card but that is no longer available in Canada. 2 years ago I received a $4k transfer to my account from a guy I knew that owed me money, he lived in the UK. The thing I did not know was the day before he received $10K from some guy in the states doing stuff that looked shady even though it wasn't. (lots of high dollar in and out transactions in a short time etc). So my account was closed. (not a temp close, I mean totally closed) I emailed customer service several times and they did not tell me anything or why my account was closed. They are basically judge, jury, and executioner. I did some digging and found a phone number for customer service. I called them and I think the guy fucked up, he told me why my account was closed. Basically I was guilty by association. A year went by and I did more digging and came up with the following hard to find contacts listed below. I emailed executiveoffice@paypal.com and asked him to review my account and reinstate it. I sucked up and said that I was a good customer for 15 years, blah blah blah. I was surprised a week later he emailed back and said he personally reviewed my account and reinstated it. So give it a try.

PayPal Executive Escalations
    executiveoffice@paypal.com

Primary Contact
    Shawn Farrell
    Customer Solutions Group Leader
    9999 N. 90th Street
    Scottsdale, AZ 85258
    (480) 862-7248
    shawn.farrell@paypal.com

Secondary Contact
    John Rainey
    Chief Financial Officer and Executive Vice President Global Customer Operations
    2211 North First Street
    San Jose, CA 95131
    jrainey@paypal.com

Bill Ready
    Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer
    2211 North First Street
    San Jose, CA 95131
    bready@paypal.com

As PayPal’s Chief Operating Officer, he is responsible for the end-to-end customer experiences for PayPal’s consumer, merchant, Braintree, Venmo, Paydiant and Xoom businesses.

Chief Executive
    Dan Schulman
    President and CEO
    2211 North First Street
    San Jose, CA 95131
    dan@paypal.com

Good Luck

Comments

MumblesBadly: Epic comeback story FTW!

Dan Druff: nice job

v12cl: Weird glitch left my rep +1 on the post below. Thanks for the emails!

shoeshine box:

Silver
    Load Metric
    This happened to me, only with Ebay.

They called me interrogated me and said Paypal flagged my Ebay account. Huh?

They removed my ability to sell, but I can still buy.

Nothing happened to my Paypal account. When I called Paypal to ask them WTF Ebay was talking about they said they had no idea.

The "investigator" on the phone at Ebay sad my Paypal account was associated with a scammer on Ebay.

My Paypal account is super old. I'd bet I was one of their 1st 10,000 customers. I got on it fast because you used to be able to post up and gamble through paypal in the very infancy of online gambling.

Really weird.

Comments

v12cl: Going to try this now, thanks for the emails!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Matt, while I applaud you for your tenacity which got your account restored, I don't think that will work for me.

I believe this is what happened:

1) My son, ever curious about life, created two PayPal accounts. He didn't do this as a secret thing. After "successfully" doing so, he went over to me and bragged that he had not one, but TWO PayPal accounts. He had no way to fund them, and doesn't understand anything about credit cards or banking systems (other than knowing what they are), so he had no chance to fund them.

2) PayPal's bot saw two weird new accounts created from my IP address, and went to work scanning any other account accessed from that address.

3) PayPal's bot noticed that I rarely purchase anything, but rather just ship money back and forth with no fee, to a fairly large number of people. While most of these payments are under $100, and while all of it is 100% legal, obviously this looked bad. At that point, the bot banned me.

If I were to bitch about the ban, they'd probably look at my history and not like it. Fortunately I was able to get my money off through the refund process.

This is just a theory. I just know I got shut down a few days after my son made those accounts.

Oh well. The hazard of having children. I told him about it and asked him not to do this again, but I also said I wasn't mad, and that he had no way to know this would occur. His mom said, "I'm actually kind of happy he was curious enough about the world to go do that."

Load Metric
    Matt, while I applaud you for your tenacity which got your account restored, I don't think that will work for me.

1) My son, ever curious about life, created two PayPal accounts. He didn't do this as a secret thing. After "successfully" doing so, he went over to me and bragged that he had not one, but TWO PayPal accounts. He had no way to fund them, and doesn't understand anything about credit cards or banking systems (other than knowing what they are), so he had no chance to fund them.

2) PayPal's bot saw two weird new accounts created from my IP address, and went to work scanning any other account accessed from that address.

3) PayPal's bot noticed that I rarely purchase anything, but rather just ship money back and forth with no fee, to a fairly large number of people. While most of these payments are under $100, and while all of it is 100% legal, obviously this looked bad. At that point, the bot banned me.

If I were to bitch about the ban, they'd probably look at my history and not like it. Fortunately I was able to get my money off through the refund process.

This is just a theory. I just know I got shut down a few days after my son made those accounts.

Oh well. The hazard of having children. I told him about it and asked him not to do this again, but I also said I wasn't mad, and that he had no way to know this would occur. His mom said, "I'm actually kind of happy he was curious enough about the world to go do that."
    It can't hurt to email the same email I used and tell them what your son did. Tell them you have been a long time good customer etc etc etc. You have nothing to lose.

Comments

shoeshine box: all he can say is NO Todd.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt The Rat View Post

It can't hurt to email the same email I used and tell them what your son did. Tell them you have been a long time good customer etc etc etc. You have nothing to lose.
    Uhhhh... Did you forget why Paypal closed Druff’s previous Paypal account? If I remember what Druff previously mentioned, it was something like how the account was being used for money transfers potentially related to online gambling. Amirite, Druff?
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

That only works if you're a standard, typical PayPal customer.

If I try this, they will look at my weird history and ask, "WTF is going on with this guy?"

Silver
    Load Metric
    Same thing happened to me a month ago.

18 year old account DD for no reason, and no explanation.

Permanently closed, don't even bother asking to be reinstated.

What a joke.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by v12cl View Post

What a joke.

It really sucks, I know the feeling. That info you are getting if from the help desk clowns. Email the guy I did. Might help.

Load Metric

RIP

Bad news for me indeed. no way you c an get it reopened with customer service?

Load Metric
    I hereby challenge TODD to get his account reopened.

Load Metric
    Ya it's very unlike Druff to not look into this.

Although I guess it's tough to explain all the money going in/out (even though it's none of their business).

But you would think if his kid opened two accounts he could explain that?

Silver
    Load Metric

What a joke.

It really sucks, I know the feeling. That info you are getting if from the help desk clowns. Email the guy I did. Might help.
    Emailed them a note, emphasizing my account had been in good standing for almost 2 decades with no issues. Will report back if they give me an answer.

Load Metric

Emailed them a note, emphasizing my account had been in good standing for almost 2 decades with no issues. Will report back if they give me an answer.

GL.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post
    Ya it's very unlike Druff to not look into this.

Although I guess it's tough to explain all the money going in/out (even though it's none of their business).

But you would think if his kid opened two accounts he could explain that?
    something fishy going on here

Thread Information