Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Netflix releasing pedo series called "Cuties" on September 9, which sexualizes 11-year-old girls

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Even though this is what happens in real life with girls and growing up, its a bit much. Too much focusing on the female genitalia. However, there are lessons taught and without giving away the spoilers, there are other subplots and it shows how some girls do dumb things when they want society to think of them as women.

If the dancing is too much, you can ffwd it and still enjoy the movie

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    You guys realize that the show can be "anti child exploitation" while still depicting it in a fashion where it becomes child exploitation itself, right?

I really don't give a shit about the message. It either depicts kids inappropriately, or it doesn't.

Can someone who has watched it give an honest assessment of this? I am so tired of the politicization of everything, but it's kinda looking like the right is correct, if the left's answer is, "Hey, it's AGAINST exploitation!"
    Alright here you go... Watched this this morning. Keep in mind I'm very liberal when it comes to censorship. I pretty much support all forms of art as long as not illegal or exploitative. That includes support for conservative speakers on college campuses. I abhor cancel culture from either the left or right. One of my fav movies is "funny Games" which was specifically made to disturb the viewer.

I imagine Druff you remember watching "kids" in the 90s and the outrage that came from it? If you weren't offended by that movie you should be fine with this. It is still disturbing (no more than a few minutes) but that's the point. Honestly cuties is pretty tame in the sexuality department. There are no sexual relationships depicted in the entire movie or even sexual predators (which it could have easily done). Not even a kiss... The first hour of the movie is especially tame as it is clear you are dealing with broken little girls who are trying to find acceptance through sexuality (largely taught through social media). In fact the movie makes it constantly clear that the girls have a very poor idea of most sexual education or knowledge. They also consistently portray them as young girls in terms of their interests and interactions. It isn't until the final 30 mins when they even learn to twerk properly. It is very uncomfortable to see that but it still shows an important lesson that even once the girls learn the dance moves they are still largely oblivious to what they are doing. The final dance scene that was leaked was edited to remove the disgust from the crowd (it should be noted this was not the only part that was purposely misportrayed by cancel culture). It's a decent movie and actually pretty relevant to current western society.

To those of you boycotting... Do you support Kubrick, Scarlette Johansen, Thora Birch, Steve Bushemi, or the countless others in Hollywood who have made way more sexualized child films? I mean this movie is not even in the same category.

I actual believe Netflix knew exactly what it was doing with the poster. They wanted it to be controversial but miscalculated the backlash. I'm still not quite sure why so many people jumped all over it though. Probably because like so many things these days people don't want to take the time to actually understand something. Or maybe it's simply that Americans are okay with sexualizing 13 year olds but not 11 year olds...

Last edited by BetCheckBet; 09-20-2020 at 07:57 AM.

Load Metric
    Also for those of you who want something a little more risky and more modern than 1995's movie "Kids". Its not great but might quench your thirst.

Gold
    Load Metric
    I havne't seen the movie yet, but I saw Kids when it came out and don't remember that being anything I thought was outrageous at the time. Of course I was the same age as the characters, so when you are a teenager yourself, seeing teenager Rosario Dawson tits probably isn't going to move the needle much (FWIW, I dont actually remember if Dawson got nude in that move, I just remember she was in it).

Anyways, I suspect this is a case of LOL Netflix for intentionally generating the controversy in the first place and LOL partisan politicking and this whole thing is a nothing burger.

Load Metric
    KINGDOM netflix act right nerds

Load Metric
    also is halt and catch fire on netflix cuz i mean cmon cmaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Bronze
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BetCheckBet View Post
    You guys realize that the show can be "anti child exploitation" while still depicting it in a fashion where it becomes child exploitation itself, right?

I really don't give a shit about the message. It either depicts kids inappropriately, or it doesn't.

Can someone who has watched it give an honest assessment of this? I am so tired of the politicization of everything, but it's kinda looking like the right is correct, if the left's answer is, "Hey, it's AGAINST exploitation!"
    Alright here you go... Watched this this morning. Keep in mind I'm very liberal when it comes to censorship. I pretty much support all forms of art as long as not illegal or exploitative. That includes support for conservative speakers on college campuses. I abhor cancel culture from either the left or right. One of my fav movies is "funny Games" which was specifically made to disturb the viewer.

I imagine Druff you remember watching "kids" in the 90s and the outrage that came from it? If you weren't offended by that movie you should be fine with this. It is still disturbing (no more than a few minutes) but that's the point. Honestly cuties is pretty tame in the sexuality department. There are no sexual relationships depicted in the entire movie or even sexual predators (which it could have easily done). Not even a kiss... The first hour of the movie is especially tame as it is clear you are dealing with broken little girls who are trying to find acceptance through sexuality (largely taught through social media). In fact the movie makes it constantly clear that the girls have a very poor idea of most sexual education or knowledge. They also consistently portray them as young girls in terms of their interests and interactions. It isn't until the final 30 mins when they even learn to twerk properly. It is very uncomfortable to see that but it still shows an important lesson that even once the girls learn the dance moves they are still largely oblivious to what they are doing. The final dance scene that was leaked was edited to remove the disgust from the crowd (it should be noted this was not the only part that was purposely misportrayed by cancel culture). It's a decent movie and actually pretty relevant to current western society.

To those of you boycotting... Do you support Kubrick, Scarlette Johansen, Thora Birch, Steve Bushemi, or the countless others in Hollywood who have made way more sexualized child films? I mean this movie is not even in the same category.

I actual believe Netflix knew exactly what it was doing with the poster. They wanted it to be controversial but miscalculated the backlash. I'm still not quite sure why so many people jumped all over it though. Probably because like so many things these days people don't want to take the time to actually understand something. Or maybe it's simply that Americans are okay with sexualizing 13 year olds but not 11 year olds...

The movie may or may not be exploitative. Not going to watch it. But Netflix's marketing campaign is garbage.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    I haven't watched it, but here are my general thoughts:

1) Comparing it to "Kids" or other movies/shows involving minors acting in a sexual manner isn't really accurate. There's a HUGE difference between a movie/show depicting teenagers acting sexually and 11-year-olds acting sexually. Those few years are huge in both physical and mental development in this manner. Think back to when you were 16. Would you have had sex with a 14-year-old? Probably. Would you have had sex with an 11-year-old? Almost certainly not, unless you were a pedo.

2) Whether the behavior depicted is shown as good or bad doesn't matter. What's important is whether or not these kids are sexualized on screen. You don't have to show an 11-year-old in skimpy clothes twerking to get the point across that it's wrong. There isn't value actually showing this sort of thing, unless the desire is to secretly attract freaks who want to see this sort of thing.

3) Maybe this is all overblown, and it's much ado about nothing. The poster was dreadful, but I'm willing to dismiss that as Netflix being stupid, rather than an indictment of the show itself.

Load Metric
    Todge saying much ado about nothing makes me fucking wet

Load Metric
    also alert workaholics is on prime

Load Metric
    I dont want to tell todge what the young go hards are watching but eyebrows up todger

Load Metric

1) Comparing it to "Kids" or other movies/shows involving minors acting in a sexual manner isn't really accurate. There's a HUGE difference between a movie/show depicting teenagers acting sexually and 11-year-olds acting sexually. Those few years are huge in both physical and mental development in this manner. Think back to when you were 16. Would you have had sex with a 14-year-old? Probably. Would you have had sex with an 11-year-old? Almost certainly not, unless you were a pedo.

2) Whether the behavior depicted is shown as good or bad doesn't matter. What's important is whether or not these kids are sexualized on screen. You don't have to show an 11-year-old in skimpy clothes twerking to get the point across that it's wrong. There isn't value actually showing this sort of thing, unless the desire is to secretly attract freaks who want to see this sort of thing.

3) Maybe this is all overblown, and it's much ado about nothing. The poster was dreadful, but I'm willing to dismiss that as Netflix being stupid, rather than an indictment of the show itself.
    Kids is about an 11 year old losing her virginity.

You’re an idiot. And a hypocrite.

Comments

dwai: fag

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 1marley1 View Post

Kids is about an 11 year old losing her virginity.

You’re an idiot. And a hypocrite.
    What??

The main character Jennie in kids, who was a virgin, was played by Chloe Sevigny, who was 20 when they filmed the movie in 1994. I don't remember what age she played in the film, but it sure as fuck wasn't 11.

But yes, somebody is an idiot here.

Comments

dwai: dudes literally defending pedophilia, Trump has ruined him

Load Metric
    Better or worse than Little Miss Sunshine???

Comments

splitthis: Lol

Thread Information