Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: No more Goodyear’s for Goodyear

Load Metric

No more Goodyear’s for Goodyear

Lol Trump calling for boycott due to Goodyear not allowing MAGA, ALL LIVE MATTER, BLUE LIVES MATTER wear at work while allowing BLM AND TRANSGENDER BS.

This is gonna hurt them because we all know libs ride around on bald tires and when they blow buy used at corner tire shop.

Comments

1marley1: Cancel Cancel Culture!

dwai: offset 1iqmarley
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    When I gave plasma some black dude was wearing a BLM mask and black workers there were laughing at him.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by splitthis View Post
    Lol Trump calling for boycott due to Goodyear not allowing MAGA, ALL LIVE MATTER, BLUE LIVES MATTER wear at work while allowing BLM AND TRANSGENDER BS.

This is gonna hurt them because we all know libs ride around on bald tires and when they blow buy used at corner tire shop.
    The messaging here by Goodyear is pretty clear.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BiffCo99 View Post

The messaging here by Goodyear is pretty clear.
    just slashed all my own tires

Comments

BiffCo99: Haha

Load Metric
    It would be different if all were not allowed, but to allow freaks and criminals while disallowing conservative views is WRONG and this company will not survive this.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    It would be different if all were not allowed, but to allow freaks and criminals while disallowing conservative views is WRONG and this company will not survive this.
    fuck them honestly, bunch of THUG supporters

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    You heard Goodyear, folks!

They are being totally fair and balanced. They don't allow any political statements, advocacy of candidates, or advocacy of political issues. Welllllll..... EXCEPT for those "that fall outside the scope of racial justice or equality issues".

Such cowardly corporate bullshit.

Actually it makes sense though. I learned 30 years ago that corporations simply want the path of least resistance, In 1990, I had to scramble to find a replacement job for the computer store one I had where the place went out of business. After coming up empty, I reluctantly took a non-union supermarket job, at a place which notoriously didn't treat its employees well. I had no choice, because I had to complete a certain number of work hours in order to continue being able to go home from school at noon every day.

Anyway, I got my supervisor to concede at the beginning that I would never work more than 5 hours shifts, and that I would "rarely" work weekends. She mostly stuck to that, but one day I saw I was down for a Saturday from "11-8", which was awful because you get a full unpaid hour for lunch (which you don't need), and are often stuck closing and working even more time. Keep in mind I was making lol $4.25 per hour, which is like $9.50 today. Totally not worth it, even as an 18-year-old.

I went to her and said, "I thought you promised nothing above 5 hours". She replied, "Yeah, well tomorrow is a busy day and we need you." I answered, "That's fine, I can come in tomorrow, but I really don't want to be here 9 hours. You promised that would never happen."

She thought for a moment, then said, "Okay." She scratched my name out, moved me to 2-6, and scratched out the 2-6 for a 14-year-old employee, and gave him 11-8. I kinda felt bad for sticking this kid with those extra hours, but that wasn't even what I was trying to do. The bottom line was that this 14-year-old was docile and agreeable, and she knew it. So she just swapped us because I was the squeaky wheel, and she got tired of me bitching to her about it.

So the same thing is going on here. The SJW is very loud and obnoxious about the BLM crap, and any corporation which doesn't play ball is going to get heavily shamed and boycotted. The right is much quieter and begrudgingly accepts the shit they don't like. Even with Trump calling for this Goodyear boycott, I don't see this gaining much traction.

Therefore, it's +EV to pacify the louder side, which is why these spineless corporations are pretending to support BLM, when in reality they couldn't give two shits about racial justice.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    So the same thing is going on here. The SJW is very loud and obnoxious about the BLM crap, and any corporation which doesn't pay ball is going to get heavily shamed and boycotted. The right is much quieter and begrudgingly accepts the shit they don't like. Even with Trump calling for this Goodyear boycott, I don't see this gaining much traction.

or.. OR they give a shit about basic decency and human rights. perhaps partially because being against those things rarely puts you on the right side of history.

also goodyear stock down 6%.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    So the same thing is going on here. The SJW is very loud and obnoxious about the BLM crap, and any corporation which doesn't pay ball is going to get heavily shamed and boycotted. The right is much quieter and begrudgingly accepts the shit they don't like. Even with Trump calling for this Goodyear boycott, I don't see this gaining much traction.

or.. OR they give a shit about basic decency and human rights. perhaps partially because being against those things rarely puts you on the right side of history.

LOL at large corporations giving a shit about "basic decency and human rights".

Also, this isn't about basic decency and human rights. It's about political speech at work, which should be either blanket-disallowed or blanket-allowed, but not cherrypicked where some is okay and the other isn't.

And yes, "Black Lives Matter" is political speech. This is because it's in support of the GROUP Black Lives Matter, which has radical left positions, such as "disrupting the prescribed Western nuclear family". That's what you support if you say "Black Lives Matter", even if you don't realize it.

Seriously, go look: https://blacklivesmatter.com/what-we-believe/

Even if you agree with the above extreme left platform, you can't claim it's apolitical.

However, it's bozos who are tricked into believing that Black Lives Matter = "supporting human rights" who get on the social media cancel train and punish any company which goes along with it.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Also, I should note that if the left really cared about keeping a slogan regarding caring about black lives, without supporting a radical group like BLM, they could easily do so.

Rather than "Black Lives Matter", the slogan could be anything else, such as "Save Black Lives".

They're specifically pushing BLM because they quietly agree with that crazy leftist platform as stated on the website, but it's much less controversial to simply say "Black Lives Matter", because who could disagree with that?

Load Metric

Also, this isn't about basic decency and human rights. It's about political speech at work, which should be either blanket-disallowed or blanket-allowed, but not cherrypicked where some is okay and the other isn't.

And yes, "Black Lives Matter" is political speech. This is because it's in support of the GROUP Black Lives Matter, which has radical left positions, such as "disrupting the prescribed Western nuclear family". That's what you support if you say "Black Lives Matter", even if you don't realize it.

Even if you agree with the above extreme left platform, you can't claim it's apolitical.

However, it's bozos who are tricked into believing that Black Lives Matter = "supporting human rights" who get on the social media cancel train and punish any company which goes along with it.

giving a shit about decency and human rights is long term +ev, how is that some weird mystery at this point. brand reputation and lawsuits are driving market forces.

its bizarre that i need to even spell this out.

BP literally escaped the deepwater horizon oil spill with a slap on the wrist by championing a publicity campaign focused on human rights and decency.

like i dont know what to tell you if you cant connect those dots.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Also, I should note that if the left really cared about keeping a slogan regarding caring about black lives, without supporting a radical group like BLM, they could easily do so.

Rather than "Black Lives Matter", the slogan could be anything else, such as "Save Black Lives".

They're specifically pushing BLM because they quietly agree with that crazy leftist platform as stated on the website, but it's much less controversial to simply say "Black Lives Matter", because who could disagree with that?
    Right, who could?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

giving a shit about decency and human rights is long term +ev, how is that some weird mystery at this point. brand reputation and lawsuits are driving market forces.

BP literally escaped the deepwater horizon oil spill with a slap on the wrist by championing a publicity campaign focused on human rights and decency.

And again, this isn't about decency and human rights, because you can easily support these things without supporting BLM.

You can ban political speech of ALL kinds at work, then give money to non-controversial, worthy causes which fight for human rights around the world.

You're not going to convince me that supporting an extreme left organization is the only way for a company to demonstrate it cares about the world.

Load Metric
    The SJW is very loud and obnoxious about the BLM crap, and any corporation which doesn't pay ball is going to get heavily shamed and boycotted. The right is much quieter and begrudgingly accepts the shit they don't like.
    AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH...

(....breath..........)

aaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahaha...

hahhhhh...

that's super ridiculous, to read, never mind to type out.

There's still people boycotting the NFL because Colin Kaepernick kneeled in 2016. I know a few of them, old white guys who live in my town, a cop town part of Boston, a liberal city in a relatively conservative state otherwise.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    It's very simple. Goodyear knows exactly what BLM is, and what it represents. And Goodyear probably doesn't like that.

But you know what Goodyear likes even less?

Banning BLM clothing at work, and then facing the angry social justice Twitter mob which twists the whole thing into "Goodyear doesn't think black lives matter!!!!!111"

So rather than become the next Goya, they just took that path of least resistance I talked about earlier.

If you think it's anything more than that, you don't understand how corporations come to decisions about this sort of thing.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    It's very simple. Goodyear knows exactly what BLM is, and what it represents. And Goodyear probably doesn't like that.

But you know what Goodyear likes even less?

Banning BLM clothing at work, and then facing the angry social justice Twitter mob which twists the whole thing into "Goodyear doesn't think black lives matter!!!!!111"

So rather than become the next Goya, they just took that path of least resistance I talked about earlier.

If you think it's anything more than that, you don't understand how corporations come to decisions about this sort of thing.
    Let's just imagine that a company decides to forbid black lives matter
    logos or printing on clothing of any sort.
    Who would they be upsetting?

We're talking about real life struggles that have played out over many years with no conclusion.

So no employee of said company could legitimately prove they have been negatively affected by a logo or the like that promotes justice.
    This is not promoting hate of any sort.

Unless you have some deep seeded problem with those affected over the years
    there should be no problem

Would wearing a peace sign prove as problematic?

BTW as I highlighted, you do not know what Goodyear thinks or represents.

This is what you do over and over again. You throw out some bizarre opinion
    and continue on as if it had any bases in truth.

These moronic racists are quick to a project a genuine movement
    as a radical uprising

How convenient is it for the powers that be to label anything other than themselves as insurgent. It's the oldest game in the book but just like 1776 push comes to shove and it's time to worry. You will lose

BTW I missed this, BLM is an
    "extreme left organization"

which obviously poses a big threat to big white fat asses You've demonized a entire community that has lived
    with oppression since they arrived forcefully
    nice job
    Last edited by limitles; 08-19-2020 at 10:36 PM.

Load Metric

And again, this isn't about decency and human rights, because you can easily support these things without supporting BLM.

You can ban political speech of ALL kinds at work, then give money to non-controversial, worthy causes which fight for human rights around the world.

You're not going to convince me that supporting an extreme left organization is the only way for a company to demonstrate it cares about the world.
    I'm sure there's an online class for How to Corporation you could take.

Siding with whatever popular movement is a very basic PR move.

As a random number 95% of people that have used #BLM in any capacity neither know nor care what the organization does/thinks or hopes to achieve outside of racial justice.

Also corporations can be political. They can be biased. Only thing they can't do, if they are publicly traded, is to lose money on their stances without support of their shareholders.

A deli owner can support Israel and forbid employees wearing any clothing that supports Palestine. And i have nothing against that.

Comments

FRANKRIZZO: spacing rep

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I love that Druff's focus isnt on sitting president calling for a boycott on an american company, or a boycott on the major company that makes the tires for the presidential limo, or even a president threatening jobs in a state he kinda needs for re-election.

No, It's how a company could be kowtowing to the president better.
    When faced with a difficult decision, ask yourself "What would Micon do?", then do the opposite.

PFA Rookie of the Year Awards
    2012: The Templar (unknown)
    2013: Jasep $5000+
    2015: Micon's gofundme legal defense $3k begging for 100k:
    2018: 4Dragons
    2019: Dutch Boyd: Mike Postle
    2020: Covid19
    2021: SMIFlorida and some sort of shit coins for $50k
    2022: BDubs leaks chums club info
    2023: 22nd Feb 4th Dec Youtube channels removed
    2024: Dustin Morgan wins Chrissy's $1000 contest

Load Metric
    Smart company policies ban all forms of insignias on clothing while at work, Goodyear isn’t being smart.

Ronald Reagan

Thread Information