Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: *** OFFICIAL *** NBA Bubble Playoffs 2020 Thread

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerAndPoker View Post
    The Lakers were all over the place on offense.

Some of these things should work themselves out but lets start with not throwing up 32 three point attempts when you have one of the greatest drivers in the paint of all time and Anthony Davis.

Name:  
Views: 
Size:

Minus -20 with Davis on the court seems concerning but it was his poor shooting causing it.

Caldwell-Pope also did nothing and couldn't find his shot.

I think the Lakers will get it together but it won't be easy. They will need to find a third guy to step up in each game and certainly need Davis to play better.

Lebron was his typical playoff self his shooting could be slightly better but you can't nit pick at that when the guy contributed so much in every area to care about this.

Is Ray Allen in the bubble?

Lebron's style of play for many years has required people to hit open 3's. If you're not hitting you aren't winning.

Portland had 4 guys with 5 fouls each. Did the coaches not tell Lebron and Davis to drive until Whiteside and Nurkic were fouled out? Then it's an easy game down low.

Load Metric
    lakers getting knocked out by the blazers would make 2020 a great year

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    The Blazers are exactly the type of pain-the-ass #8 seed which could unseat a #1 seed. Most #8 seeds have almost no chance of this, but the Blazers can be really good when hot, so they can surprise you. We've already seen it with previous incarnations of this team.

Not that I'm panicking down 1-0, but the Lakers had better get their act together.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    The Blazers are exactly the type of pain-the-ass #8 seed which could unseat a #1 seed. Most #8 seeds have almost no chance of this, but the Blazers can be really good when hot, so they can surprise you. We've already seen it with previous incarnations of this team.

Not that I'm panicking down 1-0, but the Lakers had better get their act together.
    Nurkic/Whiteside lineups were really effective. I hate Hassan Whiteside and his empty stats but he showed the fuck up in game 1.

Could just be rust for the Lakers, but Portland looked the fresher team despite having to go balls out in all of the bubble games simply to qualify.

Portland tried some cutesie defenses which somewhat limited Davis but I expect LA will come back and exploit them.

A team with Anthony Davis and LeBron James has no business losing to a beat up team with no real way to stop either of those guys.

Vogel should be fired immediately if they can't figure that out.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Platinum
    Load Metric

They’re not really an 8 seed, they had starters out the entire season which resulted in a shitty record. The Blazers were in the Western Conference finals last year and this team is better. Would probably have been the 3 seed without injuries.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmarefish View Post

They’re not really an 8 seed, they had starters out the entire season which resulted in a shitty record. The Blazers were in the Western Conference finals last year and this team is better. Would probably have been the 3 seed without injuries.
    Reallllly wish Ariza wouldn't have opted out. I still dont think the Blazers will win the series, but if Dame just goes "fuck it, Harden-mode" they very well might.

I'm guessing we're gonna see a much more aggressive LeBron game 2.

Load Metric
    Catching up on games..holy shit Luka Doncic is just incredible. So inexplicably good.

I think the Clippers will hang on but adios to my finals bet.

Paul George was incredible for OKC last year andninbecame accustomed to watching him fuck up the Blazers until Dame hit that shot in his face.

Him calling himself 'Playoff P' is an all timer.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Platinum
    Load Metric
    8-24 Kobe Bryant day and the Lakers start the game on a 24-8 run. We’re definitely in a simulation.

Load Metric
    Bucks boycotted today's game. Is that a win for Orlando? Reschedule?

Raptors/Celtics talking it too.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by simpdog View Post

Wasn’t aware The NBA had restarted.

Platinum
    Load Metric

now they're fucking with the money...now this shit got real...

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GambleBotsChafedPenis View Post

I was making the observation in wagering or MLB relative to the trade deadline that prolly few moves get made cause COVID killed the money. More serious than anyone gives credit for yet in all sports.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

I was making the observation in wagering or MLB relative to the trade deadline that prolly few moves get made cause COVID killed the money. More serious than anyone gives credit for yet in all sports.
    yup, these are for the most part multi billion dollar operations that are hemorrhaging cash at the moment...clawbacks of rich (and probably overpriced) TV deals will be happening...all FA will be a fucking shitshow in the offseason...

so while the players are using this boycott to bring light to the cause, if they really put a kibosh on the playoffs they're gonna fuck themselves in the long run because most of the cap is gonna be tied to that TV money...i believe they're savvy enough to get that so that's why i think this is only going to last one night...

Load Metric
    I believe they're savvy enough to ....
    except..... MLB is about win percentage - no matter how many games are played. If I were the Dodgers I’d bag it, for instance.

Add to that the MLB union and the fact that baseball players are the least educated of all athletes.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

yup, these are for the most part multi billion dollar operations that are hemorrhaging cash at the moment...clawbacks of rich (and probably overpriced) TV deals will be happening...all FA will be a fucking shitshow in the offseason...

so while the players are using this boycott to bring light to the cause, if they really put a kibosh on the playoffs they're gonna fuck themselves in the long run because most of the cap is gonna be tied to that TV money...i believe they're savvy enough to get that so that's why i think this is only going to last one night...
    The TV deals were some of the dumbest business decisions (on the part of the TV stations) ever.

The 25-year cable deal with the Dodgers was mind-bogglingly stupid.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    I believe they're savvy enough to ....
    except..... MLB is about win percentage - no matter how many games are played. If I were the Dodgers I’d bag it, for instance.

Add to that the MLB union and the fact that baseball players are the least educated of all athletes.
    was wondering what you were talking about then saw MLB cancelled a few games...

not arguing politics/message or anything else outside of the business of sport here...but baseball is walking a fine line...you already have a sport that nobody really gives a shit about any more...you really dont need to be doing this shit...NBA can get away with this...NFL can get away with dropping a fucking nuke on a third world country...MLB aint even in that stratosphere...

Platinum
    Load Metric

The TV deals were some of the dumbest business decisions (on the part of the TV stations) ever.

i totally agree on those mega dollar, multi-decade deals...who the fuck knows what the landscape of sports consumption is gonna be in 5 years, let alone 25...and id venture to bet that those happenstances arent accounted for in the contract...

Load Metric

Depends. 25 year cable deal with a local baseball team probably, but if they own the rights, even if there's no such thing as cable in 25 years they have a valuable asset to sell off.

On the other hand, NFL contracts are a good deal for all involved. Live sports, particularly NFL are one of the few TV shows left with high ratings and that are typically consumed live. They can still charge out the ass for commercials.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post

Depends. 25 year cable deal with a local baseball team probably, but if they own the rights, even if there's no such thing as cable in 25 years they have a valuable asset to sell off.

On the other hand, NFL contracts are a good deal for all involved. Live sports, particularly NFL are one of the few TV shows left with high ratings and that are typically consumed live. They can still charge out the ass for commercials.
    true but those are relatively short deals...obv so the NFL can maximize as much as they can outta it...

love to see the math and all the shit behind those mega money, multi decade deals...like you said about owning the rights (maybe that covers their asses in case the distribution changes in the next decade or two, which we know it probably will), whats the value placed on that...think it would be tough to model it out because you dont know how the end game consumption (and how you're gonna monetize it) is going to happen in year 25 of the deal...

Platinum
    Load Metric
    ill just leave this here...

guess the shit wasnt as real as i thought and these guys werent as savvy as i thought...lotta people gonna lose a lotttttttttta money over this...

Thread Information