Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 50

Thread: *** OFFICIAL *** NBA Bubble Playoffs 2020 Thread

  1. #1
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    5818
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    39,826
    Blog Entries
    2

    *** OFFICIAL *** NBA Bubble Playoffs 2020 Thread

    As a Lakers fan, the Blazers scare me, especially since the Lakers have been coasting for awhile, waiting for the playoffs to start.

    Sure enough, they're off to a bad start in Game 1.

    That is all.

  2. #2
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    5818
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    39,826
    Blog Entries
    2
    Orlando vs Portland in the Finals. Book it.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    As a Lakers fan, the Blazers scare me, especially since the Lakers have been coasting for awhile, waiting for the playoffs to start.

    Sure enough, they're off to a bad start in Game 1.

    That is all.
    They'll be fine. Anthony Davis has treated Portland like a play toy for years. Add in the Blazers have effectively played 8 straight playoff games to scrape in. Lakers in 5.

    I do think it becomes dicey for the Lakers in the second round, and don't see them beating the Clippers either.

    The east, while significantly inferior, feels more like a crapshoot. I think the Bucks loss is an aberration but who knows.

    This bubble environment leaves the door wide open for a lot of teams.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    I am a nice human being who enjoys being upbeat and affable with others

  4. #4
    Serious question, I stopped following the NBA a few years ago but, are people gonna respect this year's Champs as if it were a full season? Or will people say oh that was the bubble year?

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by dwai View Post
    Serious question, I stopped following the NBA a few years ago but, are people gonna respect this year's Champs as if it were a full season? Or will people say oh that was the bubble year?
    Probably bubble year, unless onenof the favorites just blows everyone away.

    But the play has been really good, much better than a lockout year, and those titles are respected.

     
    Comments
      
      dwai: thx for answer
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    I am a nice human being who enjoys being upbeat and affable with others

  6. #6
    Detractors will say bubble. They ended up playing 90% of the season. I think if a lower seed were to win, they didnít have to go through x would be an argument. If a high seed wins, itís almost more impressive as they did it without home court.

     
    Comments
      
      dwai: thx for answer

  7. #7
    fkn glorious playoffs all day long

    i get rich on a blazers, rockets or 6ers title

  8. #8
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    5818
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    39,826
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    As a Lakers fan, the Blazers scare me, especially since the Lakers have been coasting for awhile, waiting for the playoffs to start.

    Sure enough, they're off to a bad start in Game 1.

    That is all.
    They'll be fine. Anthony Davis has treated Portland like a play toy for years. Add in the Blazers have effectively played 8 straight playoff games to scrape in. Lakers in 5.

    I do think it becomes dicey for the Lakers in the second round, and don't see them beating the Clippers either.

    The east, while significantly inferior, feels more like a crapshoot. I think the Bucks loss is an aberration but who knows.

    This bubble environment leaves the door wide open for a lot of teams.
    Yeah Porltand was up like 33-17 and they've already chunked it off.


     
    Comments
      
      Sloppy Joe: Well now..

  9. #9
    Gold
    Reputation
    318
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    2,276
    Lakers road to a championship will be the toughest ever for a #1 seed.

  10. #10
    Jesus Christ chuck is losing it

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by lol wow View Post
    Jesus Christ chuck is losing it
    Promise me youíre not gonna go camping during postgame.

  12. #12
    Not getting this reference was referring to Charles going senile on live TV

     
    Comments
      
      Sloppy Joe: Lol

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by lol wow View Post
    Not getting this reference was referring to Charles going senile on live TV
    Shoe is on the other foot. Howís it feel?

     
    Comments
      
      JACKDANIELS: GOT HIM

  14. #14
    I dont know what's happened here but I want you dead for mouthing off sally

  15. #15
    BBL MELO IS TOO MUCH FOR THE GAYKERS SORRY SHIT SEX

  16. #16
    Gold Bootsy Collins's Avatar
    Reputation
    156
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    2,404
    I'm guessing the online sportsbooks have taken a huge chunk of Sir Charles paycheck.
    Quote Originally Posted by RealTalk View Post
    Lol at the amount of effort that druff's friends have to exert trying to do an internet podcast without offending him.

  17. #17
    Annnd sidefish referencing bubble melo step who's ur noose guy again

     
    Comments
      
      Onestep: zilv gudel

  18. #18
    Owner Dan Druff's Avatar
    Reputation
    5818
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    39,826
    Blog Entries
    2
    Well, they let Lillard's energy at the end beat them.

    This... could be a problem.

  19. #19
    Serial Blogger BeerAndPoker's Avatar
    Reputation
    1392
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    10,096
    Blog Entries
    20
    The Lakers were all over the place on offense.

    Some of these things should work themselves out but lets start with not throwing up 32 three point attempts when you have one of the greatest drivers in the paint of all time and Anthony Davis.

    Name:  lakers.PNG
Views: 260
Size:  29.5 KB

    Minus -20 with Davis on the court seems concerning but it was his poor shooting causing it.

    Caldwell-Pope also did nothing and couldn't find his shot.

    I think the Lakers will get it together but it won't be easy. They will need to find a third guy to step up in each game and certainly need Davis to play better.

    Lebron was his typical playoff self his shooting could be slightly better but you can't nit pick at that when the guy contributed so much in every area to care about this.

  20. #20
    All Sorts of Sports gut's Avatar
    Reputation
    431
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    3,131
    Dame time.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. *** Official 2018 Tech Bubble Thread ***
    By sonatine in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-05-2018, 11:05 AM
  2. NBA Playoffs Thread
    By Tegnation22 in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 70
    Last Post: 05-31-2016, 04:32 AM
  3. *** NBA PLAYOFFS
    By chinamaniac in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 136
    Last Post: 06-10-2015, 12:56 PM
  4. *Official* NBA playoffs thread
    By Henry in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-20-2013, 11:18 AM
  5. OFFICIAL NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD
    By Sloppy Joe in forum Flying Stupidity
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-30-2012, 07:44 AM