View Poll Results: Should Poker Fraud Alert change its rules to disallow gratuitous bigoted speech?

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it's 2020 and there's no place for that shit anymore

22 34.38%
  • No, I like the way the site is, leave things alone

20 31.25%
  • Sort of -- only get rid of the really bad stuff, leave everything else

20 31.25%
  • Don't know / don't care

2 3.13%
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Direction of the forum -- how should I handle free speech in the 2020s?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SrslySirius View Post
    Believe it or not there are places on the internet where you can talk about conservative politics without it devolving into cancerous fanaticism
    This is certainly not the case on the larger social media platforms. There is a vacuum on the sensible right, because advocating for basically anything will get you smothered up by the disproportionate amount of left leaning accounts, that on many occasions will dismiss any point you make and label you a loon. This is why many who hold opinions right of center just don’t even bother. This is an overall trend. I am not saying it all goes down like this, but it certainly is a big issue. This leaves a lot of those on the right with extreme views left to spout their opinions & just makes the problem worse.

This vacuum is real. I know there is a lot of history here and I’m glad I don’t know shit about it. I hate to be a “let’s start fresh guy” because I know that’s a pipe dream. However, it would be great if we could, for a minute, drop the cynicism and give a Druff a chance to make a change. I disagree with you about removing slurs not having an effect on the overall discourse. I find when you need to be more substantive in your critiques, the overall discourse will improve.

I guess what I’m trying to say is why not give it a chance? I find it ironic that a site that was started in part to expose scumbags in poker, is now too low brow for many in the community to support? I have been posting here for a short time but listening to PFA radio going on 2 years now. I find Druff to be a fair minded person. I think that he’s clearly gotten a bum wrap because he wanted to have free speech here. In turn, he has had a shit load of things he hasn’t advocated or said attributed to him because of that. It seems to me he had nothing but good intentions regarding his policy on free speech, and while I am sure he has made mistakes along the way, it may be time to give him a chance to make some changes around here. What’s the harm?

As for the places on the internet where there are far minded conservatives, I have no reason to doubt those places exist. Are they plentiful and well known? Not to me at least. That’s my two cents. Hope things work out for the better.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffDime View Post
    I disagree with you about removing slurs not having an effect on the overall discourse. I find when you need to be more substantive in your critiques, the overall discourse will improve.
    I agree with much of what you just said, and you certainly belong in the "sensible right" category. The quoted portion here unfortunately doesn't ring true. If all you're doing is filtering out the words n****r and f****t, then people will use other words to convey the same thing. Splitthis will continue calling black people monkeys and dwai will still derail every thread with homophobic one-liners. This is what I meant by Stormfront-lite. You could run that website through a profanity filter but it still gets the same message across.

Sure it's worth a shot. But I don't think it will change many minds about what kind of a website this is, particularly to outsiders.

Comments

JeffDime: Righty Economic & Foreign Policy. Lefty Social Policy.

Load Metric
    I disagree with you about removing slurs not having an effect on the overall discourse. I find when you need to be more substantive in your critiques, the overall discourse will improve.
    I agree with much of what you just said, and you certainly belong in the "sensible right" category. The quoted portion here unfortunately doesn't ring true. If all you're doing is filtering out the words n****r and f****t, then people will use other words to convey the same thing. Splitthis will continue calling black people monkeys and dwai will still derail every thread with homophobic one-liners. This is what I meant by Stormfront-lite. You could run that website through a profanity filter but it still gets the same message across.

Sure it's worth a shot. But I don't think it will change many minds about what kind of a website this is, particularly to outsiders.
    cry more you bitch made faggot

Diamond
    Load Metric

u think the sensible right is the worst ppl in politics and then u type paragraphs about it like ur on to something, ur terrible and a complete gasbag SHUSH!!

Diamond
    Load Metric
    got enough talentless wannabe tranny blowers here that are always speaking about strictly benefiting themselves, dont need any more rookies. walter fagcheck already grabbed the new hongthonger spot

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by thesidedish View Post
    u think the sensible right is the worst ppl in politics
    It might surprise you to know that I agree with the right on a few of their platforms and have voted Republican in past elections. So no, I don't think they're the worst.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by dwai View Post
    yeah changing it 10 years later will really fix that you fucking moron
    So other than your usual bullshit why don’t you express an opinion? The status quo, take it all down....where do you stand? Can you give an opinion rather than just insult me...btw your insults are beyond meaningless, it’s like I don’t even see them.
    You have to understand what you’re dealing with when you talk with this kid and why everyone serious simply ignores him. I read him for a month and he was an open book of self-loathing and insecurity. Very basic as he’s of quite low intellect. Nothing deeper there.

He is a kid, who in his own words, was rejected and forced to dine with the minorities at lunch because it was the only place he fit in. He says he still faces constant and continual harassment by law enforcement based simply upon his appearance.

He simply hates his life and desperately wants acceptance from the very people who told him to take a seat with the browns.

Some people are social outcasts like dwai is, but they are intelligent and interesting and it’s a loss for the people who reject them. Not him though. Whatever “it” is in life that makes people charismatic or interesting, he completely lacks.

He lost the genetic lottery in every way imaginable and ended up very angry and chases around people seeking attention through insults because it’s all he has. See BCB and Crowe’s posts earlier. Two adults just making coherent posts and look at his reaction. He hates anyone that is interesting and that people like. His mention of Crowe being angry at not being the sites favorite poster is a window into his petty little insecure brain. Crowe posts about movies, music,food and drink, things that interest him and is always polite and informative. Always has been. He never cared about popularity. He’s just a cool dude. For someone like dwai who no one has ever found interesting, he remembers and is still jealous of something Crowe long forgot about.

Most ignore him despite him being the last post in every thread lately because he’s just a pathetic kid that most pity. I mean, how do you insult someone who has such a shitty existence already? And why would you bother? What can you do to someone like him that Mother Nature didn’t already?

The next interesting post he makes will be the first. He has never added a single thing to any conversation. I actually think he’s trying to destroy the site and I have no idea why druff allows him to take his site down to the lowest common denominator in every thread. It’s possible he feels sorry for dwai and sees how insecure he is and gives him this safe space, but it’s really hurt the site significantly.

There were a lot of people who had free time during the lockdown and probably looked at the site for the first time in years and the first thing they see in every thread was an angry little insecure boy lashing out for attention and insulting people in every thread. But he votes republican, so Druff will take exception with krypt not being as interesting, in his opinion, as he once was, and ignore the loser chasing people thread to thread with no content, just insults. That’s become the norm here lately.

Comments

JeffDime: Thanks for bringing me up to speed BCR.

SrslySirius: daaaaaamn

Sheesfaced: Put him in a body bag

Kuntmissioner: sums it up nicely

sonatine: honestly tour de force

some user: relevant sentences

splitthis: Drug addict

gimmick:

FRANKRIZZO: Best poster by far on this site

adamantium: fixed

JACKDANIELS: SHOTS FIRED

Walter Sobchak: BEE CEE ARR

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by thesidedish View Post
    u think the sensible right is the worst ppl in politics
    It might surprise you to know that I agree with the right on a few of their platforms and have voted Republican in past elections. So no, I don't think they're the worst.

ya thats the problem, they 100% are. if those ppl dont exist, trump is not POTUS btw

Comments

BiffCo99:

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

And the alternative is what? Ban the posters who do not hold the same beliefs as you?
    Great but you're just building a little playground for people you like. That is dead boring.

As I said before you won't change anyone's basic beliefs but hate speech is ugly and easy.
    When it gets ugly a lot of posters check-out. If a forum is to remain open it must allow all
    viewpoints. But there is no need for gratuitous hate speech. It's just ugly without effort.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post
    And the alternative is what? Ban the posters who do not hold the same beliefs as you?
    Great but you're just building a little playground for people you like. That is dead boring.

As I said before you won't change anyone's basic beliefs but hate speech is ugly and easy.
    When it gets ugly a lot of posters check-out. If a forum is to remain open it must allow all
    viewpoints. But there is no need for gratuitous hate speech. It's just ugly without effort.
    My constructive advice to Druff would be to cut the fat and simply get rid of people actively ruining the site and his reputation. Maybe even give it a rebrand.

Also do away with the outrageous waiting period for new accounts.

Comments

splitthis: You are a lot of fat

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post

So other than your usual bullshit why don’t you express an opinion? The status quo, take it all down....where do you stand? Can you give an opinion rather than just insult me...btw your insults are beyond meaningless, it’s like I don’t even see them.
    You have to understand what you’re dealing with when you talk with this kid and why everyone serious simply ignores him. I read him for a month and he was an open book of self-loathing and insecurity. Very basic as he’s of quite low intellect. Nothing deeper there.

He is a kid, who in his own words, was rejected and forced to dine with the minorities at lunch because it was the only place he fit in. He says he still faces constant and continual harassment by law enforcement based simply upon his appearance.

He simply hates his life and desperately wants acceptance from the very people who told him to take a seat with the browns.

Some people are social outcasts like dwai is, but they are intelligent and interesting and it’s a loss for the people who reject them. Not him though. Whatever “it” is in life that makes people charismatic or interesting, he completely lacks.

He lost the genetic lottery in every way imaginable and ended up very angry and chases around people seeking attention through insults because it’s all he has. See BCB and Crowe’s posts earlier. Two adults just making coherent posts and look at his reaction. He hates anyone that is interesting and that people like. His mention of Crowe being angry at not being the sites favorite poster is a window into his petty little insecure brain. Crowe posts about movies, music,food and drink, things that interest him and is always polite and informative. Always has been. He never cared about popularity. He’s just a cool dude. For someone like dwai who no one has ever found interesting, he remembers and is still jealous of something Crowe long forgot about.

Most ignore him despite him being the last post in every thread lately because he’s just a pathetic kid that most pity. I mean, how do you insult someone who has such a shitty existence already? And why would you bother? What can you do to someone like him that Mother Nature didn’t already?

The next interesting post he makes will be the first. He has never added a single thing to any conversation. I actually think he’s trying to destroy the site and I have no idea why druff allows him to take his site down to the lowest common denominator in every thread. It’s possible he feels sorry for dwai and sees how insecure he is and gives him this safe space, but it’s really hurt the site significantly.

There were a lot of people who had free time during the lockdown and probably looked at the site for the first time in years and the first thing they see in every thread was an angry little insecure boy lashing out for attention and insulting people in every thread. But he votes republican, so Druff will take exception with krypt not being as interesting, in his opinion, as he once was, and ignore the loser chasing people thread to thread with no content, just insults. That’s become the norm here lately.
    Name:  152C064B-094E-49F2-98E5-8BCD90460174.gif
Views: 275
Size:  880.1 KB

Diamond
    Load Metric

id say lol could u write a dissertation for everyone on the site?

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Next 400 page thread

Diamond Pro Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe's Avatar
    Load Metric
    The overwhelming majority of posts on this site are anti Trump, and the overwhelming majority of posters are anti Trump. What Druff should do is ban the contrarian conservative trolls and let the democrats talk about Netflix

Comments

BiffCo99:

JACKDANIELS: rofl

Load Metric

full disclosure ive had dwai on ignore for months, but one thing that deserves mention is that dwai's tone normalizes that sort of behavior for other lowest common denominator anti-social behavior disorder types.

id say 5-10% of nwp's content was basically anti-social/toxic. im clocking this site at a comfortable 40% and its only getting worse.

like somehow, having a thread about an erupting pandemic weeks before it took its first lives here has galvanized maybe 30% of this sites core posters against basic hygiene and other prophylactic measures designed to save innocent lives. 169,000 confirmed deaths and right now, those same users are cracking their knuckles to 'own the libs' by saying that at least a handful of those deaths had nothing to do with covid.

this place is quite literally a cult and the god at their alter is mean spirited stupidity, because its the only thing they're good at.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric

Name:  Screenshot_20200810-192806_Gallery.jpg
Views: 587
Size:  371.0 KB

Load Metric
    BCR is quite mad these days, they must've cut his opiate script, but seems hella mad he's getting old and can't get his drugs, try to write fewer paragraphs you old faggot, maybe time to retire along with the old boys, sonatine and Crowe

TO THE SAFE SPACE WITH YOU DRUG ADDICTED GRANDPA

Diamond Pro Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe's Avatar
    Load Metric
    if dwai gets banned this place is finished

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe View Post
    if dwai gets banned this place is finished

dwai's literally never getting banned, hes the most prolific poster here by a factor of 3.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Diamond
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post

id say 5-10% of nwp's content was basically anti-social/toxic.

Ummm.....

Thread Information