View Poll Results: Should Poker Fraud Alert change its rules to disallow gratuitous bigoted speech?

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it's 2020 and there's no place for that shit anymore

22 34.38%
  • No, I like the way the site is, leave things alone

20 31.25%
  • Sort of -- only get rid of the really bad stuff, leave everything else

20 31.25%
  • Don't know / don't care

2 3.13%
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Direction of the forum -- how should I handle free speech in the 2020s?

Load Metric
    Druff was talking more about times and perceptions changing & how the shit people post here can reflect poorly on him in his personal life/poker community. This isn’t about banning slurs and then this forum being flooded with new members. BTW there are new members joining every day, they just don’t want to deal with people like you taking the cheapest of shots at their posts.

Load Metric
    Baron is it shit talking to don't like, shit posting or egregious slurs?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffDime View Post
    Druff was talking more about times and perceptions changing & how the shit people post here can reflect poorly on him in his personal life/poker community. This isn’t about banning slurs and then this forum being flooded with new members. BTW there are new members joining everyday, they just don’t want to deal with people like you taking the cheapest of shots to their posts
    yeah changing it 10 years later will really fix that you fucking moron

Name:  Screenshot_20200717-154213_Chrome_50.jpg
Views: 546
Size:  191.5 KB

Load Metric
    Imagine little bens disappointment when he inherits this forum at age 16 only to realize what it has become.

At this point it only makes sense that dwai possesses a golden shower video of druff

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by dwai View Post
    Baron is it shit talking to don't like, shit posting or egregious slurs?
    i am a fan of the shit talking but the hurtfull slurs i could do without if that makes sense

Comments

dwai: Druff but fair
    all hail Hydra

Originally Posted by DanDruff:Since I'm a 6'2" Republican with an average-sized nose and a last name which doesn't end with "stein", "man", or "berg", I can hide among the goyim and remain undetected unless I open my mouth about money matters.

Banned
    Load Metric
    This experiment has gone the same way it does on other "free speech" platforms like Voat, which started as a well-intentioned harbor for banned Reddit topics and quickly morphed into a white supremacist hate site.

Normal people have largely stopped posting here, and the occasional figure in the poker community that expresses slight interest in this site quickly thinks better of it.

Filtering out a couple words doesn't fix the problem, it's still Stormfront-lite and embarrassing to be associated with.

I think Sonatine might be unfair in saying that you expressly share these viewpoints, but I can see how it comes off that way when it's the culture that you singularly have fostered. That's probably why people look at you funny when you try to explain yourself. It's like your house is occupied by maniacs smearing shit on the walls, and now nobody else wants to come over. You didn't partake in the shit smearing, but lol dude it's still your house.

Comments

splitthis: Douchebag hypocrite scumbag

BCR: Offsetting grandma

dwai: offsetting grandpa

tigerpiper: Great videos rep

Load Metric
    Look it's obviously Druff's decision and I'd respect whatever that is, I just hope he doesn't change for the PFA SJWs, be a sad day at PFA!

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SrslySirius View Post
    This experiment has gone the same way it does on other "free speech" platforms like Voat, which started as a well-intentioned harbor for banned Reddit topics and quickly morphed into a white supremacist hate site.

Normal people have largely stopped posting here, and the occasional figure in the poker community that expresses slight interest in this site quickly thinks better of it.

Filtering out a couple words doesn't fix the problem, it's still Stormfront-lite and embarrassing to be associated with.

I think Sonatine might be unfair in saying that you expressly share these viewpoints, but I can see how it comes off that way when it's the culture that you singularly have fostered. That's probably why people look at you funny when you try to explain yourself. It's like your house is occupied by maniacs smearing shit on the walls, and now nobody else wants to come over. You didn't partake in the shit smearing, but lol dude it's still your house.
    Pussification is the last thing we need though.

Comments

dwai: GOTTA AGREE HERE BOYS

Belly Buster: Best les post for the last 5 years

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post
    Then stop being pussies and post under your real names.

Comments

GrenadaRoger: touche!!

Load Metric
    So other than your usual bullshit why don’t you express an opinion? The status quo, take it all down....where do you stand? Can you give an opinion rather than just insult me...btw your insults are beyond meaningless, it’s like I don’t even see them.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post
    Then stop being pussies and post under your real names.
    why would we ever do that?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffDime View Post
    So other than your usual bullshit why don’t you express an opinion? The status quo, take it all down....where do you stand? Can you give an opinion rather than just insult me...btw your insults are beyond meaningless, it’s like I don’t even see them.
    Stand on what? free speech? I think it's essential

Load Metric

I think Sonatine might be unfair in saying that you expressly share these viewpoints,

Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    at the end of the day you absolutely agree with the core political beliefs most of these people subscribe to.

imo theres a huge difference between these two sentiments.

druffs brand of right wing cryptofascism openly embraces the denigration of intellectualism under the guise of 'common sense', a phrase which has been perversely twisted to refer to the most exploitable instincts of the working class.

so druff would never say its 'common sense' to drag fauci out of his bed and murder him on facebook live, but druff enthusiastically provides (and participates in) an echo chamber for the sort of bad faith campaigns that decry human rights as 'SJW agendas', for example.

druff is smart enough to not condone the sorts of toxic lunacy that have become the mainstream status quo in street level conservatism, because unlike most proletariat trump conservatives he has a lot to lose.

so this site remains a convenient watering hole for the dumbest people we went to high school with, and banning hate speech isnt going to do anything but give druff ammo to rebuke the occasional dismissive comments from c level poker celebrities recoiling in horror from this sites content.

additionally, "stormfront-lite" plays.

Comments

splitthis: Retarded

BCR: Just to offset your mentally ill ex and the absurdity of her calling anyone retarded. Druff’s soft spot for outcasts has always been somewhat bi-partisan. There was a time when the most annoying elements were sort of left of apolitical.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Keep your flying stupidity and make a new carter called the free speech corner with a warning, guess what, everyone will be there and flying stupidity will be only a few self righteous egomaniac tards boring as fuck.

Comments

dwai: yup

GrenadaRoger: good suggestion
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    also we do this thread like 2-3x a year.
    "Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness." - Alejandro Jodorowsky

"America is not so much a nightmare as a non-dream. The American non-dream is precisely a move to wipe the dream out of existence. The dream is a spontaneous happening and therefore dangerous to a control system set up by the non-dreamers." -- William S. Burroughs

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BetCheckBet View Post
    Imagine little bens disappointment when he inherits this forum at age 16 only to realize what it has become.

At this point it only makes sense that dwai possesses a golden shower video of druff
    imagine talking to a dead guy for 3 hours thinking it's his brother while they literally clown you

Rest In Peace
    Load Metric
    2cents....
    Folks who Vote for "Just the really bad stuff" are IMO the nicest folks out there that truly want Peace etc etc...

Alas the problem with that road is that you are conceding the 1st Amendment and their can be no quarter no "torn edge" ..

Yes if the Poster is Consistently vulgar, outrageous,obnoxious and offers no Coherent opinion either way Just boot him from the club and he is free to come back as a new user and try again to be civil.
    You can be Outrageous without being absurd...
    IMO

Gd Day.... Gonna be a good show tonite I know....Just to show you I am a Sport...I shall Donate my Freeroll Winnings to "the free Stacy fund" which shall be solely used for the free roll at Dan's discretions...I just feel good donating to her cause... It is the small things, the Little acts of Charity whether Real or imagined............

Comments

JeffDime: Nice box, box.
    Last edited by shoeshine box; 08-15-2020 at 10:49 AM.

Diamond
    Load Metric
    A change definitely needs to be made. A few years ago, I could have made a Fundraising thread that would garner a few hundred bucks, but now, I would be lucky to get a 2 for 1 Popeyes coupon code for my troubles.

Maybe every time someone makes a homophobic comment, they are obligated to Venmo Druff $5, of which, $2.50 cents will go to the OSA future vacation thread. This is just an idea but I welcome any additional economic improvements to my situation.

Best of Luck to all.

Comments

tigerpiper: Gold, Jerry, gold!

big dick: stfu you pedo

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by sonatine View Post
    druffs brand of right wing cryptofascism openly embraces the denigration of intellectualism under the guise of 'common sense', a phrase which has been perversely twisted to refer to the most exploitable instincts of the working class.

so druff would never say its 'common sense' to drag fauci out of his bed and murder him on facebook live, but druff enthusiastically provides (and participates in) an echo chamber for the sort of bad faith campaigns that decry human rights as 'SJW agendas', for example.

druff is smart enough to not condone the sorts of toxic lunacy that have become the mainstream status quo in street level conservatism, because unlike most proletariat trump conservatives he has a lot to lose.

so this site remains a convenient watering hole for the dumbest people we went to high school with, and banning hate speech isnt going to do anything but give druff ammo to rebuke the occasional dismissive comments from c level poker celebrities recoiling in horror from this sites content.

additionally, "stormfront-lite" plays.
    This is a really dumb take.

You're basically accusing me of being a horrible alt-right fascist, but stated that I'm smart enough to realize that openly expressing such views would be problematic in my real life. Therefore, you believe I stay quiet and let the anonymous alt-right trolls do the work for me.

That's absolutely false. My views are exactly as I express them out here. There isn't a hidden part. I'm not secretly rooting for the worst element of the party, which you have simplistically cast as representative of the entire right wing base.

You and SrslySirius seem to believe that people are outraged by right-wing activism here. That's not at all what I've experienced, and I've never received a single complaint about that, aside from you and a few other existing active members.

The complaints are very clearly about my allowance of posts containing blatantly racist and homophobic content. Even on 2+2, when I run into PFA bashers, they point to the bigoted language in some posts/threads here, but never to the brand of political thought being expressed.

There's no shortage of left-wing thought here. If anything, PFA actually has good diversity of political opinion. I also don't force my own political beliefs upon others here. No left-wing speech is censored, and there is no right-wing language in the design or concept of the site. When I post right-wing material, I do it as a user here, not as the owner.

As I said before, I am absolutely not going to censor any kind of ideology here. That's not up for debate.

The question is whether or not I should put an end to allowing the blantantly bigoted language here. I'm still considering what is the right thing to do. I really don't want to become the speech police, but I also feel that some minimal standards might be in order.

Comments

dwai: REKT

JeffDime: Spot on.

BiffCo99:

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    You and SrslySirius seem to believe that people are outraged by right-wing activism here. That's not at all what I've experienced, and I've never received a single complaint about that, aside from you and a few other existing active members.
    I don't see how you could possibly interpret my post this way in good faith. I said nothing about political ideology. I specifically pointed out the bigotry and toxic culture.

Believe it or not there are places on the internet where you can talk about conservative politics without it devolving into cancerous fanaticism
    Last edited by SrslySirius; 08-15-2020 at 11:25 AM.

Thread Information