Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My Florida Lottery Corner! :D

Load Metric
    Karen, don’t turn into my late neighbor. She had a hidden lottery addiction. Besides a long career as a high school principal, she collected over 1 million in pension. She blew it all on the lottery. I would pay her 10 bucks a day to let my dogs out at lunch but would not pay her until Friday and then we immediately went to the grocery store because I told her you will not go without food for that fucking lottery.

Quit now.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by garrett View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Texter View Post
    Back in the early days of scratch offs they weren’t truly random, they didn’t want jackpots back to back or in the same region of the state so they spaced the jackpots evenly in 4 different regions in the state and didn’t ship the next winner until the prior winner occurred.

They would also publish who won and where they won...super dumb.

She would wait until a winner had been announced in the other regions then go to a small convenience store in her region and buy every ticket for a big jackpot game, then go back when that store got more tickets and buy them out again until she won or the prize was claimed elsewhere....since most stores take weeks to sell out on a scratch off, she boosted the odds in her favor.

WoW that is an interesting strategy, so knowing they were being pushed in certain regions by the State, she was able to sort of gain an edge with knowing when, where and all to focus her buying, and money I guess. Was it public record which region had the last winner, and then id guess, you have to guess the next region to try to win in, is that right. That seems it would rely on too much "Luck" in that you cant be exactly sure which region might be next, you could in theory just eliminate the last region one was won in, but theres still a huge amount of possibilities you could try to win in a particular region of course, in a State. Am I following what you mean correctly, if not fix where im off please, and thank for the explanation its very interesting.
    Another good one:
    How MIT Students Won $8 Million in the Massachusetts Lottery
    https://newsfeed.time.com/2012/08/07...for-8-million/

Silver
    Load Metric
    Did Callie Rogers, Lottery Winner who made History as Youngest Lottery Winner at only 16, have a good point? She won millions of dollars in The British Lottery and claimed that she wasn't going to be like those other idiots who won big money in the Lottery and blew it friviously and ended up broke in a year or a couple of years. She claimed she was going to be financially responsible with her wins....

She spent her millions on wild parties, lavish gifts for friends and family, houses, cars, plastic surgery I believe(Which is really sad as at only 16 she shouldn't have felt the need for plastic surgery at her young age), fancy clothes, trips, expensive food, etc and ended up broke within a couple of years, the thing she said she wasn't going to do.

As an Adult, and Mother of young kids and a Wife, she did an interview about her blowing her millions she won in the Lottery. She said she felt as someone who was still technically a Child at 16, she shouldn't have had direct access to those Millions. She felt those millions should have been forced into a Trust Fund until she was an Adult in her 20's, and would be more mature than a 16 year old Child who would be more apt to spend the Millions friviously.

Posters wrote something like,"Her young kids are going to be so pissed off at her when they get older and realize they could have been RICH if Mom didn't blow her Millions as a Teen!" LMAO! Other Posters criticized her Parents for not holding Callie's money for her when she blew through the first Million. I do wonder if Callie had a good point that a 16 year old CHILD shouldn't have direct access to Millions from a Lottery.

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Karen Nathan View Post
    I have a very deep feeling that either 863,813, or 311 straight or box Pick 3 is coming up within four weeks. If neither of them show up, I will pledge $100 to Dan in a month from now unless something REALLY bad happens to me.
    368 showed up today! I won!

Load Metric
    I have a very deep feeling that either 863,813, or 311 straight or box Pick 3 is coming up within four weeks. If neither of them show up, I will pledge $100 to Dan in a month from now unless something REALLY bad happens to me.
    368 showed up today! I won!
    So my life long buddy, who is an expert level cribbage player (we’ve both been playing since we were 8), doesn’t play poker. He asked me one time if I ever played a drawing hand because I “had a feeling it would come.” The thought had never once crossed my mind. Now we all play a few more speculative hands when we are “running hot”, but that has a lot to do with taking advantage of table image. Karen, where did you get this incredible insight? We’re you born with it? I’ve never known anyone who could predict the future. You are truly special. TIA.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Name:  2DAB2CFE-76A9-4118-90AA-487C8EC0FEE8.jpeg
Views: 64
Size:  23.9 KB

Thread Information