Thread: Hey Libs, what do you think of this video of the Husband of the LA County DA demanding people get off his porch at 6am?

Load Metric

Hey Libs, what do you think of this video of the Husband of the LA County DA demanding people get off his porch at 6am?

Interesting.

Comments

1marley1: Better muzzle/trigger control than those other fools

nightmarefish: Offset the idiot

splitthis:

Load Metric
    What’s the context? I can hear a girl, but I assume it’s some crowd of protestors showing up to bitch about something? I mean, he’s 100% fine. If you don’t know me and you knock on my door at 6 AM, you better be an elderly person or some mom whose car broke down with her kids in the car.

A bunch of people protesting on the street outside your house would be annoying, and menacing possibly, but once they step on your porch and start knocking on your door, I’m fine with anyone of any party having a serious problem with that and I’m giving them a wide latitude if they felt threatened and go way further than that guy did. That going to someone’s residence over some protest isn’t cool, particularly if you step off a public street and approach their home. People are way too nuts atm to give anyone the benefit of the doubt. It’s reasonable to assume anything can happen and protect your family given the vibe of the country.

Comments

nightmarefish:

MumblesBadly: :this

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    What’s the context? I can hear a girl, but I assume it’s some crowd of protestors showing up to bitch about something? I mean, he’s 100% fine. If you don’t know me and you knock on my door at 6 AM, you better be an elderly person or some mom whose car broke down with her kids in the car.

A bunch of people protesting on the street outside your house would be annoying, and menacing possibly, but once they step on your porch and start knocking on your door, I’m fine with anyone of any party having a serious problem with that and I’m giving them a wide latitude if they felt threatened and go way further than that guy did. That going to someone’s residence over some protest isn’t cool, particularly if you step off a public street and approach their home. People are way too nuts atm to give anyone the benefit of the doubt. It’s reasonable to assume anything can happen and protect your family given the vibe of the country.
    The context is they are showing up at his door, every morning at 6am. All because his wife is a DA doing her job. Libs love that shit. It's called free speech. Let me put it like this, Bill Clinton would finish dead last in a Democratic primary in 2020. This is a radical goon party, I am just glad I am on the right side.

Comments

dwai: rofl

tony bagadonuts: radical goon

MumblesBadly: It’s called “trespassing”, you dumbass!

splitthis: ^^^^the real dummy

Load Metric
    that man is in trouble i believe...brandishing a gun in public when there is no immediate threat of mayhem or death is crime in Los Angeles and California I believe. It's a different story inside the house, so until the protesters cross the door threshold, the man is in the wrong.

I believe any type of noisemaking before 7am and after 9pm is a residential neighborhood is also against the law in Los Angeles. So the protesters are guilty of disturbance. Also, i believe they can not come onto the property to protest--they have to stay on the city sidewalk. And you gotta figure the homeowners/DA has cameras of their own recording.

chances are that man has a concealed carry permit--in LA only politicians, judges, DA's, celebrities and politically connected get them--they are given out as political favors...but Joe Public can not conceal or open carry in LA
    Last edited by GrenadaRoger; 08-04-2020 at 06:59 PM.
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by GrenadaRoger View Post
    that man is in trouble i believe...brandishing a gun in public when there is no immediate threat of mayhem or death is crime in Los Angeles and California I believe. It's a different story inside the house, so until the protesters cross the door threshold, the man is in the wrong.

I believe any type of noisemaking before 7am and after 9pm is a residential neighborhood is also against the law in Los Angeles. So the protesters are guilty of disturbance. Also, i believe they can not come onto the property to protest--they have to stay on the city sidewalk.

chances are that man has a concealed carry permit--in LA only politicians, judges, DA's, celebrities and politically connected get them--they are given out as political favors
    What about he told them to get off his property and they wouldn’t? trespassing.

Load Metric
    so this is okay if you're black, but if you're white you'll be dragged over the coals by the media and your house raided by a DA looking for your vote.

SAD!

Comments

splitthis:

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmarefish View Post

I believe any type of noisemaking before 7am and after 9pm is a residential neighborhood is also against the law in Los Angeles. So the protesters are guilty of disturbance. Also, i believe they can not come onto the property to protest--they have to stay on the city sidewalk.

chances are that man has a concealed carry permit--in LA only politicians, judges, DA's, celebrities and politically connected get them--they are given out as political favors
    you've got a point, but coming up to the door and knocking/ringing the bell is not trespassing--however staying on the property past a reasonable time for someone to answer the door is just that.

Platinum
    Load Metric

you've got a point, but coming up to the door and knocking/ringing the bell is not trespassing--however staying on the property past a reasonable time for someone to answer the door is just that.
    I could be wrong but I don’t think this was a one time thing.

Plus we’ve seen what “protesters” have been doing lately and it’s 100% reasonable to be scared If a bunch of them show up on your porch demanding you do something.

Platinum
    Load Metric

Its Los Angeles. This was on the local news when it happened a couple months ago. Some BLM protestors went to the home of a local DA (who is a black woman) to harass her and her husband pulled a gun on them. Even though it is on their property I am pretty sure that is a crime here, and apparently they are just getting around to filing charges now, which is why it has made the national news.

To juxtapose this, in Seattle recently some protesters tried to harass the police chief (also a black woman) at her house in her rural suburb and some neighbors carrying assault rifles ran off the protesters. And I am pretty sure they didn't break any laws.

Comments

MumblesBadly: crime regardless of whether trespassed on his property.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post

Its Los Angeles. This was on the local news when it happened a couple months ago. Some BLM protestors went to the home of a local DA (who is a black woman) to harass her and her husband pulled a gun on them. Even though it is on their property I am pretty sure that is a crime here, and apparently they are just getting around to filing charges now, which is why it has made the national news.

To juxtapose this, in Seattle recently some protesters tried to harass the police chief (also a black woman) at her house in her rural suburb and some neighbors carrying assault rifles ran off the protesters. And I am pretty sure they didn't break any laws.
    In Texas, the castle doctrine would have allowed that guy brandishing the gun to shoot those trespassing protesters regardless of whether he felt his life was safe.
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric
    so charges were filed: 3 misdemeanor counts

seeing as how the man looks out of shape, i figure he should do community service of 240 hours instead of community labor, 3 years unsupervised probation, and gun safety instruction and maybe ban on gun purchase during probation...we'll see what he actually gets

no law broken if he does not point the gun imo...just let it be seen at his side is cool

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by dwai View Post
    so this is okay if you're black, but if you're white you'll be dragged over the coals by the media and your house raided by a DA looking for your vote.

SAD!
    The St. Louis protesters were in the street. These protesters were trespassing on private property. And he is still being charged, as he should be if he broke the law.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Interesting.

What I think is you don't know what you're talking about. Stick to plumbing.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dwai View Post

SAD!
    The St. Louis protesters were in the street. These protesters were trespassing on private property. And he is still being charged, as he should be if he broke the law.
    The St. Louis protesters were on private property as well, they broke through a locked gate to get there.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Interesting.

What I think is you don't know what you're talking about. Stick to plumbing.
    You would just allow a bunch of thugs harassing you and your family at 6am on your property? You are not much of a man, for sure. We call that being a pussy.

Comments

splitthis:

Load Metric

The St. Louis protesters were on private property as well, they broke through a locked gate to get there.

face it, Walter, this is black privilege

Thread Information