Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Brad booth missing?

Load Metric

Brad booth missing?

Word is Yukon brad has been missing for 3 weeks, He was grinding low stakes in Reno, His roommate just reported him missing a few days ago even though he hasn’t seen him in 3 weeks, Yukon owes many people big amounts of cash, Wouldn’t be surprised if he was found in the desert
    -Allergic to the struggle

Load Metric
    Brad Booth was living in Reno, Nevada.

Which is ten times more depressing than living in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Load Metric
    Agree Reno is awful place especially if trying to grind out rent money

Load Metric
    https://mobile.twitter.com/yukonbrad, Guess I can’t ask him where he is

Load Metric
    Brad Booth was one of the biggest beneficiaries of the mid-2000s poker boom. “Yukon” Brad made a fortune in live and also real money online poker.

He also became famous for playing on the TV show High Stakes Poker. His comeuppance was quite notable when considering that he spent years grinding in the remote Yukon Territory.

Booth’s career hit a major roadblock, though, when he was part of the Ultimate Bet cheating scandal. He estimates being cheated out of $2 million by UB consultant Russ Hamilton throughout the mid-2000s.

The losses didn’t end here, though. No longer confident in his game, Booth proceeded to lose another $4 million. He blamed the scandal for causing him to question his skills at every step of the way. Unfortunately, he’d never get any retribution for the cheating incident.

Booth eventually began launching online attacks against Phil Hellmuth, who was once a prominent UB-sponsored player. Yukon Brad claimed that Hellmuth knew more about the scandal than he led on.

Eventually, though, Booth ran into more troubles of his own and had to stop focusing on the past. He was outed by Doug Polk after failing to repay $28,000 from a cash-for-online funds swap.

Booth still grinds in low-stakes cash games in Vegas. However, his reputation is largely ruined as a result of not repaying Polk.
    Of course, Phil Hellmuth Jr knew more about the cheating at UB. Phil was best friends with Russ Hamilton.

Brad should have never played for that much money online to begin with. Online poker is just a computer game being played for money. Brad's skill set was very good for cash games ten to fifteen years ago. It's too bad that online poker fucked him up.

Comments

4BET: Balls of steel

Load Metric

Comments

4BET: Nice find, Never seen this one

Sanlmar: Poor guy. Best wishes

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Has that disconnected affect that seems to be common in gambling addicts. Erick Lindgren and Michael Borovetz come to mind.

Also commonly seen in deadbeat fathers like Bottomset, who like to minimize their plight and that they're 'working toward getting their kid back', when in reality the only thing planned out is vodka or tequila for the evening.

LOL at the logic he flirts with regarding his UB losses - 'well I may have been scammed, so how fair is it that I have to pay it back?'

Playing all but 70ish days for 20 straight years is one of the darker things I have ever heard.
    PokerFraudAlert...will never censor your claims, even if they're against one of our sponsors. In addition to providing you an open forum report fraud within the poker community, we will also analyze your claims with a clear head an unbiased point of view. And, of course, the accused will always have the floor to defend themselves.-Dan Druff

Load Metric
    There is another classic video on youtube where he apologizes to the world for stiffing some backers. Hard to believe the guy went from renting a villa at the Bellagio to going 'camping' which means on the run. Regardless he had a terrific run, but yeah playing poker every day for 19 years is not healthy lets face it. Hopefully Druff does not delete these posts on account family members might stumble upon them.

Comments

dwai:

Sanlmar: going 'camping' which means on the run. What a great line for the pandemic

SrslySirius: lmao

Sloppy Joe: Lol

splitthis: Green train for gull

Shizzmoney: camping on the run rep

nunbeater: see dude? good posts get green my nigga

Load Metric
    There is another classic video on youtube where he apologizes to the world for stiffing some backers. Hard to believe the guy went from renting a villa at the Bellagio to going 'camping' which means on the run. Regardless he had a terrific run, but yeah playing poker every day for 19 years is not healthy lets face it. Hopefully Druff does not delete these posts on account family members might stumble upon them.

Load Metric
    going 'camping' which means on the run.
    I am going to get great mileage out of this when camping for vacation comes up during the pandemic. Love it.

Never camped a day in my life. I was a Boy Scout for a year or two... until it became apparent they were camping advocates. I had an intuition from an early age that camping was needless hardship.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
    Has that disconnected affect that seems to be common in gambling addicts. Erick Lindgren and Michael Borovetz come to mind.

Also commonly seen in deadbeat fathers like Bottomset, who like to minimize their plight and that they're 'working toward getting their kid back', when in reality the only thing planned out is vodka or tequila for the evening.

LOL at the logic he flirts with regarding his UB losses - 'well I may have been scammed, so how fair is it that I have to pay it back?'

Playing all but 70ish days for 20 straight years is one of the darker things I have ever heard.
    Don't forget about him losing money meant for his family betting the horses

Asshole would rather bet on twinkle toes in the 5th than take care of his family
    Last edited by big dick; 08-04-2020 at 05:05 PM.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    going 'camping' which means on the run.
    I am going to get great mileage out of this when camping for vacation comes up during the pandemic. Love it.

Never camped a day in my life. I was a Boy Scout for a year or two... until it became apparent they were camping advocates. I had an intuition from an early age that camping was needless hardship.
    I kind of agree with you.

I first camped as a 9-year-old. I was in the Cub Scouts and they had a camping trip in the southern CA mountains. Each kid had a parent take him, so my dad went with me. I was able to find the exact date because I remembered the Dodgers beating the Reds 16-4 while listening to the radio on the way home. I just deduced it was May 29-31, 1981.

I had a lot of fun there. However, looking back, most of the fun came from running around with the other kids and screwing around in the stream. I remember we were making dams in the stream, seeing how long we could hold it back, and would release our dams to destroy dams other kids made downstream. Fun shit like that when you're 9.

Anyway, as I got older, I noticed the downsides of camping -- namely the uncomfortable sleeping conditions, the wildly varying temperatures (seems you're always too cold or too hot in your tent), the disgusting bathroom situation, and the lack of things you can do for food. Kinda takes away from some of the enjoyment of being out in nature. I still like the idea of the campfire, looking at the stars, and the feeling that you're just out in the open.

There have been a few attempts to take Ben camping over the years, but something always failed and we didn't end up doing it (campsite full, bad weather, etc). I'll do it one of these days. But for me it just seems a lot more appealing to stay at a hotel nearby, see the nature during the day, and go back to the room at night.

Load Metric
    I bought the kids one of those big tents with an awning over the front door. Set it up in the back yard. They would sleep overnight with their friends.
    Somehow, they knew that would be as close as they’d get.

Of course, they love camping now they are older. Just to spite me.

I spent endless hours in the New England woods, Following and damming streams. That’s not camping.

Load Metric
    Played with him a couple of times. He Was an arrogant Ass. Sat at 10-20nl w $100kand Splashed The pot with it for the lullz. Also tried to make a move on me thinking I’d be the opportunistic snake he was. Didn’t work. Glad he went busto. Oh and I think he And other players tried to start a poker energy drink. They were passing them around.

Comments

splitthis: Lol poker energy drink

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post

I kind of agree with you.

I first camped as a 9-year-old. I was in the Cub Scouts and they had a camping trip in the southern CA mountains. Each kid had a parent take him, so my dad went with me. I was able to find the exact date because I remembered the Dodgers beating the Reds 16-4 while listening to the radio on the way home. I just deduced it was May 29-31, 1981.

I had a lot of fun there. However, looking back, most of the fun came from running around with the other kids and screwing around in the stream. I remember we were making dams in the stream, seeing how long we could hold it back, and would release our dams to destroy dams other kids made downstream. Fun shit like that when you're 9.

Anyway, as I got older, I noticed the downsides of camping -- namely the uncomfortable sleeping conditions, the wildly varying temperatures (seems you're always too cold or too hot in your tent), the disgusting bathroom situation, and the lack of things you can do for food. Kinda takes away from some of the enjoyment of being out in nature. I still like the idea of the campfire, looking at the stars, and the feeling that you're just out in the open.

There have been a few attempts to take Ben camping over the years, but something always failed and we didn't end up doing it (campsite full, bad weather, etc). I'll do it one of these days. But for me it just seems a lot more appealing to stay at a hotel nearby, see the nature during the day, and go back to the room at night.
    agreed, my kind of camping trip/roughing it is to go from Holiday Inn to Holiday Inn
    (long before there was a PFA i had my Grenade & Crossbones avatar at DD)

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellafriend View Post
    Played with him a couple of times. He Was an arrogant Ass. Sat at 10-20nl w $100kand Splashed The pot with it for the lullz. Also tried to make a move on me thinking I’d be the opportunistic snake he was. Didn’t work. Glad he went busto. Oh and I think he And other players tried to start a poker energy drink. They were passing them around.
    Care to elaborate?
    BALLIN'!!

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellafriend View Post
    I remember that drink Allin Energy, during the boom hot models were handing out free samples, she said how is it? I told her it tasted terrible, she didn’t expect an honest answer.

I think Johnny Chan was involved too.

Silver
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by 4BET View Post
    Agree Reno is awful place especially if trying to grind out rent money
    Really? I visited once 3 years ago and enjoyed it.

Just big enough to have a city feel, beautiful scenery all around.

Platinum
    Load Metric
    And Druff, take your kid and a couple of his pals camping, out with no internet

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Texter View Post
    And Druff, take your kid and a couple of his pals camping, out with no internet

kids would be fine, it's Druff that couldn't handle it

Thread Information