Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hypocrisy thy name is Warren Buffett

Load Metric

Hypocrisy thy name is Warren Buffett

The man has said on many occasions that he doesn't feel as though he pays enough in taxes, yet at least two companies that he is a major shareholder in owe a substantial amount in back/evaded taxes. I don't want to bring politics to PFA so please don't make this political. I'm just pointing out that the dude is a fucking liar and yet he is constantly parading around on the various news outlets talking about taxes.

http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/qu...uff413412.html
    If anything, taxes for the lower and middle class and maybe even the upper middle class should even probably be cut further. But I think that people at the high end - people like myself - should be paying a lot more in taxes. We have it better than we've ever had it.
    Warren Buffett
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0..._n_941099.html
    Berkshire Hathaway, the eighth-largest public company in the world according to Forbes, openly admits to still owing taxes for years 2002 through 2004 and 2005 through 2009, according to the New York Post. The company says it expects to "resolve all adjustments proposed by the US Internal Revenue Service" within the next year.
    http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=ca9_1...051&comments=1
    NetJets Aviation Inc. owes more than $302.1 million, and another unit, NetJets International, is liable for $52.9 million, the U.S. said. Executive Jet Management Inc. owes $10 million while NetJets Large Aircraft owes $1.19 million, the U.S. claimed.
    Last edited by shortbuspoker; 03-12-2012 at 01:04 PM.

Load Metric
    What do his personal taxes have to do with any of this?

This is a huge non-story that you are genuinely upset with? What blog did you pull this stuff from?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Corrigan View Post
    What do his personal taxes have to do with any of this?

This is a huge non-story that you are genuinely upset with? What blog did you pull this stuff from?
    It has nothing to do with his personal taxes as much as the fact he goes out in the public eye trumpeting the virtues of the rich paying more yet is a major player in multiple companies that do not pay their taxes. Basically, he talks out his ass yet no one has the balls to call him on it. Plus it may be a non-story to you, but in my view it is a legit topic on a site with the word "fraud" in its title.

Load Metric
    The Berkshire thing looks like the IRS wanted adjustments to their submitted tax returns and Berkshire is gearing up to pay them. Do you think Buffet has anything to do with the accounting/tax paying of BH?

This is seriously the worst "gotcha" I have seen in a while.

Load Metric
    I also noticed you skipped out on answering what blog you're copying and pasting from. It's some guy grasping at straws and you are blindly copying it.

Walking Image Library
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by shortbuspoker View Post
    The man has said on many occasions that he doesn't feel as though he pays enough in taxes, yet at least two companies that he is a major shareholder in owe a substantial amount in back/evaded taxes. I don't want to bring politics to PFA so please don't make this political. I'm just pointing out that the dude is a fucking liar and yet he is constantly parading around on the various news outlets talking about taxes.
    It is not hypocrisy at all or even the same thing. Buffet said that PEOPLE who make tons of money should be taxed more. Acting as a CEO for a publicly traded company trying to get the lowest taxes for your holdings is part of his job.

Look at Netjets. The IRS showed up after a few years of operations and said give us 300 to 600 million dollars for a ticket tax. You don't think this tax applies to your company and previously the IRS gave you no guidance on this issue. Would you pay and turn out the lights? No you would fight it.

Simpletons buying into talking points, your post is.

Load Metric
    Warren Buffet has been a rich liberal douche lately.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Corrigan View Post
    I also noticed you skipped out on answering what blog you're copying and pasting from. It's some guy grasping at straws and you are blindly copying it.
    You're ridiculously right assbag I found a blog with three separate links rather than just link the blog. It may strike you as odd, but I read news articles from various news agencies and/or groups every day including an articles today about how 12% of Mississippi voters think that Obama isn't a Christian and one about this year being the 20th anniversary of the release of the cd "Vulgar Display of Power".

Your troll is halfway good. Henceforth I shall call you Evinrude.

Load Metric
    oh so I guess it's just you who's grasping at straws. Carry on.

Load Metric
    YOU GET THE ORACLE OF OMAHA'S NAME OUT OF YOUR GOD DAMN MOUTH YOU PATHETIC HATERS.

Load Metric
    IT MAKES ME SICK YOU HAVE KRABLAR AS YOUR AVATAR BRAJ

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Warren Buffett annoys me. Forget this story, which isn't all that interesting by itself.

However, he and Bill Gates are what I call guilty billionaires. They have so much money that they don't know what to do with it, and in fact probably feel bad that they have so much and so many others have so little. As a result, they are very big with donating to charity, which is great. They figure that they have more than enough money for what they'll ever need, so they might as well give the rest away to the needy.

If it ended there, I'd praise them both for being wonderful human beings.

Unfortunately, it doesn't.

They have also decided that, because they're giving a shit ton of money to charity, everyone else has to, as well. And not just billionaires. They want to force millionaires to give, too -- even at the expense of passing down their assets to their own children.

Charity is a very personal choice. It's great if you decide to take part in it, but it is wrong for you to try to force others to do so, nor should you be passing judgment on those that don't give as much as you. Just give what you feel is right and STFU.

Buffett and Gates support higher taxes on the rich (plus the inheritance/death tax) because it encourages charitable contirbutions in lieu of paying those taxes. The higher the taxes, the higher the charitable donations.

But it's just not fair. While Gates and Buffett have every right to spend their own money how they like, so should everyone else -- rich or poor. It doesn't sit well with me that they're saying, "We give X percentage of our income to charity, so there should be laws on the books to virually force you to do the same."

Buffett, by the way, is far more obnoxious about this than Gates. However, they're both pretty much cut from the same cloth when it comes to this issue.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDMcCobb View Post
    then go back to FCP and jack it to old Negreanu threads

Load Metric
    "this year being the 20th anniversary of the release of the cd "Vulgar Display of Power"

God damn, that is depressing.
    "Let us be thankful for the fools. But for them the rest of us could not succeed. " -Mark Twain

twitter.com/jvferg72

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDMcCobb View Post
    then go back to FCP and jack it to old Negreanu threads

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Fergie72 View Post
    "this year being the 20th anniversary of the release of the cd "Vulgar Display of Power"

Yes sir it is. I spent many a drunk night with Walk blaring repeatedly on the cd player.

Walking Image Library
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Fergie72 View Post

Yes sir it is. I spent many a drunk night with Walk blaring repeatedly on the cd player.
    I remember one drunk time in a late night burrito place. There was some Philip Anselmo looking guy in front of me and I couldn't stop chanting Love...Hate...Love, like Pantera. He was getting pretty pissed off, but luckily his girlfriend was trying to calm him down. If he had hauled off and clocked me I would have deserved it.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Load Metric

If anything, taxes for the lower and middle class and maybe even the upper middle class should even probably be cut further. But I think that people at the high end - people like myself - should be paying a lot more in taxes. We have it better than we've ever had it.
    Warren Buffett
    Berkshire Hathaway, the eighth-largest public company in the world according to Forbes, openly admits to still owing taxes for years 2002 through 2004 and 2005 through 2009, according to the New York Post. The company says it expects to "resolve all adjustments proposed by the US Internal Revenue Service" within the next year.
    NetJets Aviation Inc. owes more than $302.1 million, and another unit, NetJets International, is liable for $52.9 million, the U.S. said. Executive Jet Management Inc. owes $10 million while NetJets Large Aircraft owes $1.19 million, the U.S. claimed.
    hey man - i aint gettin this one - i done thought this post was about food - What is a hypocrisy warren buffet? what do they serve for supper? is it like a golden corral? or the sizler?

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Slim T View Post

Warren Buffett
    hey man - i aint gettin this one - i done thought this post was about food - What is a hypocrisy warren buffet? what do they serve for supper? is it like a golden corral? or the sizler?
    We call the "Golden Corral" the "Cotton Corral". It's full of blacks picking food.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Muck Ficon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Slim T View Post

Warren Buffett
    We call the "Golden Corral" the "Cotton Corral". It's full of blacks picking food.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Quote Originally Posted by tony bagadonuts View Post

Look Corrigan, you've been a sideshow clown around here from the jump
    It's tough to take you seriously when you've made your bones acting the fool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brittney Griner's Clit View Post
    Which one is he?

Thread Information