Boxing was so good back in the day.

Comments

Sanlmar: Has be on list

Jayjami: My favorite fight ever

JMM:

BCR:

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by JACKDANIELS View Post
    todger if this carries on i think were gonna gonna need you to intervene and save bottomset from this MALE TROLL
    Another grown man.

Comments

Walter Sobchak: all grown up baby
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by splitthis View Post
    todger if this carries on i think were gonna gonna need you to intervene and save bottomset from this MALE TROLL
    Another grown man.

true story im fine with that cuz i hate myself for simmering this down

todge where are we on getting the prime mo customers into the site we listed is ok todge is ok todge is ok

Load Metric
    Another grown man.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by big dick View Post

Another grown man.

Todge y'all can't even appreciate this site

also realign the fuck up ur child will forever hold

its obviously not for real

its literally not that hard work or math will ever be able to get you

Load Metric
    #2, Hulk Hogan versus Andre the Giant, part 1 of 3

This will be a controversial pick, but this match propelled Pro Wrestling in the mainstream of 'sports'. Yes, the outcome is rigged, but pro wrestlers are in better shape than 80% of Major League baseball players, and certainly in better shape than 100% of NFL offensive lineman. What was a regional entity in the early 80s turned into a multi billion empire for the next 40 years, the WWF/E.

Vince took over the company in the early 80s from his father and noticed something in Hulk Hogan, who was a journeyman wrestler bouncing around territory to territory as a heel. He also put the Iron Sheik front and center as the bad guy as it was right after the hostage crisis. Vince put the belt on Sheik a month before to set up this Hogan 'take the title' match. Remember, Hogan was always a heel until this point, without this match or if it fizzled Hogan probably would have gone back to journeyman status.

First, the Sheik had to win the belt and Vince effectively ended Bob Backlund's career, it was the end of an era in which Backlund was the headliner for over 5 years as champ. Vince set this whole thing up in a three part series. It was a huge risk, but he simply saw something in Hogan no other territory saw.

This is the match where the Sheik a relative back bencher at the time took the strap from long time champ Backlund.

Part 1:

Load Metric
    So month later, the match was set. Patriotism at the time was at an all-time high in the early 80s (unlike know where 50% hate their own country because they are poor), and Vince saw an opportunity with Hogan and the Iranian born wrestler (yes he was actually born in Tehran). It was a quick match, and it took hold not just in New York where the WWF was located, but throughout the country. Hogan became a Patriotic symbol and basically allowed Vince to go national and crush every territory but the NWA. There were 8 territories in the early 80s, in the mid 80s the WWF and the NWA were the only two left. Vince and Hogan crushed everyone.

Part 2, Hogan takes the title from the Sheik. Side note the Sheik's career ended shortly thereafter as he developed a crack problem and was fired.

Load Metric
    Hulk Hogan versus Andre the Giant, part 3

There was skepticism really this match could even take place. Andre was in the final stages of Gargantuan disease and his height was rapidly shrinking and his organs were beginning to crush. He literally was drinking a case of wine a day just to get through the pain. He could barely walk and needed a motorized lift to and from the ring. But he handled himself superbly in the ring given he only had a few more years to live.

This cemented Hogan as the unquestioned star for the next 15 years in pro-wrestling, and eventually enabled Vince to take the company public and become a multi-billionaire. Even today Pro-Wrestling still has better ratings than the NHL and many MLB markets. It really was because of this match, which drew 90,000 people at the Silverdome which was unheard of outside a couple college football stadiums.

#2 all time sporting event of all time is Hulk Hogan versus Andre the Giant. Enjoy my friends.

Comments

Muck Ficon: Drunk plumber lol

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by big dick View Post

Another grown man.
    Dumbest househusband on the planet.

Comments

Walter Sobchak: suffer not a woman to speak
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

Ronald Reagan

Load Metric
    Great Andre shoot about WM 3 with Hogan. He talks about planning the match.

Banned
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by tgull View Post
    Great Andre shoot about WM 3 with Hogan. He talks about planning the match.

Planning the match. I don't know if he knows shit about betting and planning but I heard it was like 25k a game. 20k a mess. 15k a fucking dave. 15k a dave getting a frickin'

Load Metric
    #1 NC State - Houston 1983

It was a formality, University of Houston had two NBA Hall of Famers in Drexler and the Dream Shake. NC State had spare parts. It was a different time then, no shot clock so Valvano good dictate the pace. Even still, with no shot clock this was the most massive upset in sports history. It's not even close on how shocking this result was that Phi Slamma Jamma could be beat. Friends, this wraps up the top 10 sports moments of all time, I hope you have enjoyed it. So long old friends.

#1 NC State - Houston 1983:

:

Load Metric
    #3, Alabama - Auburn Iron Bowl

You know, if anyone does not have this epic finish in their all time top five you simply do not like football. Truly one of the most remarkable finishes in football history. Enjoy friends.

A remarkable ending. Won’t ever forget it.

Load Metric
    For a completely arbitrary and opinionated list I have to say this isn’t bad. More than a few of these on my list.

Can’t be a patriots fan and not consider the snow bowl but beating the greatest show on turf in the super bowl makes the list for me.

I’m a huge college football fan so I’d probably have a few more of those huge plays on there but “the kick 6” is right up there at the top of the list for sure.

This country isn’t allowed to love its self anymore but if I was older for the “miracle on ice”.

Call me a fag, I don’t care. This is top 3 for me. I get goosebumps Every time I watch this. and to think that poor horse thought for a half a minute he was going to beat Secretariat. 25 lengths - GTFO

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    For a completely arbitrary and opinionated list I have to say this isn’t bad. More than a few of these on my list.

Can’t be a patriots fan and not consider the snow bowl but beating the greatest show on turf in the super bowl makes the list for me.

I’m a huge college football fan so I’d probably have a few more of those huge plays on there but “the kick 6” is right up there at the top of the list for sure.

This country isn’t allowed to love its self anymore but if I was older for the “miracle on ice”.

Call me a fag, I don’t care. This is top 3 for me. I get goosebumps Every time I watch this. and to think that poor horse thought for a half a minute he was going to beat Secretariat. 25 lengths - GTFO
    Greatest sports moment in American history, AINEC.

SOBCHAK SECURITY 213-799-7798

PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., THE GREAT AND POWERFUL

Load Metric
    Honorable mention: Disco Demolition Night

Comments

Jayjami: Disco does suck

Load Metric
    Great stuff

Load Metric
    Humiliating the English, a truly fine moment in American Sport:

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyde View Post
    I stay to myself and keep out of trouble and/or potentially problematic scenarios

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    #6 Nebraska - Miami National Championship Game 1984

It was a formality really, Nebraska had the longest winning streak in the nation and averaged 52 points a game in the regular season. The University of Miami five years earlier considered disbanding football since it was so unprofitable. Nebraska went into the game as 17 point favorites.

When I was like 10, my best friend moved a suburb over. It was ten minutes drive away, but that’s like a thousand miles when you’re 10.

So he moves into his new house and I’m there every other weekend. The Kosars lived like five houses down the street. Bernie had a younger brother Brian our age, and a sister Beth, and we’d play football or baseball every day or hang out, and Bernie would play steady qb at times if it was like 3 on 3 backyard football.

He was in high school at the time. Didn’t even play football until his senior year. Just baseball. He kind of had a crush on my friends sister who was in school with him, but she said he’s nice, but too nerdy. Think he went to prom with his cousin iirc. So he goes out for football his senior year and they just become this juggernaut passing team in an era where no one passed in NE Ohio. Like legit the top passer in the conference the year before probably threw for 500 yards for the season and he comes in and throws for like 3000 yards.

They were our rivals always. His last game against us was a similar type game to the NC. One point game decided on a missed extra point.

He took off for Miami, and that was before Miami was anything. So clearly I followed the ascension of the program throughout his time. The Flutie game could be on your list. The most amazing game I had ever watched up until that point, and still. Bernie has thrown for like 450 yards and lost on that Hail Mary.

It was surreal just seeing this older kid from the neighborhood go from kind of nerdy high school kid to redshirting a year and then pulling off that game as a freshmen QB. Played another year and then the Browns and then he ran into some rough years afterward.

Great game. Great memories. There was a small pipeline after Bernie of local kids from up here going to Miami. None that approached his success. They grabbed a kid the next year from town who was named JC Penney. Real name. Great athlete, but undersized RB. Played behind Alonzo Highsmith.
    Hard to believe in the late 70s Miami was one vote away from their Board of Trustees to disbanding football. Then in succession they recruited Jim Kelley, Bernie Kosar and Vinny Testeverde. In that span they also had Mark Richt as back up QB who became a great college coach. Also Steve Walsh and Gino Torretta a few years later. What a ten year run for QBs.

I read a book on the U, really it was Howard Schellenbrger that saved the program. He basically boasted to the Board he would have a National Championship in 5 years. He simply recruited like 90% of his players below the Orlando state line and adopted the passing game while most teams were still doing that option run game.

Comments

Sloppy Joe: Depressing to think about your kid finding this site one day, seeing the date stamps and realzing what you chose to spend your time doing.

Thread Information