Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Defund The Police? Don't these IDIOTS saying that realize that would basically be The Purge Movie?:/ :/

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by BiffCo99 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    I say this as part of team right leaning PFA. You do realize there are shades to the statement “Defund the Police”?

It’s not OK to want to eliminate the police. So if it’s viewed in that light as you are showing it I agree with you.

It is perfectly acceptable to say “Defund the Police” Because Sgt doughnut from backwoods Upstate New York does not require a millitary grade tactical assault vehicle with armor plating that would make a soldier from OIF/OEF blush.

Few more textbooks and a few less armored vehicles is OK to stand behind. That doesn’t make you weak on crime.
    If you claim to be on the right and you defend the phrase “defund the police” in any way you’re part of the problem.

You shouldn’t be ceding any ground to the left on anything. A winning message for Republicans right now is to increase funding to the police in the face of rising violent crime across the country. That’s what people want to hear.

Two months ago no one was taking about defunding the police yet they’ve gotten Republicans and everyone on the right arguing about “shades” of the phrase Defund the Police. They just keep pushing you more to the left little by little until you don’t even resemble a conservative anymore.

The Democrats have done this on every important issue yet conservatives keep falling for it. They’ve done it on abortion, LGBT, criminal justice reform, immigration, you name it. And look where it’s gotten us. And it will never stop. That’s the nature of leftism, it is never enough and it will destroy the country.

Talk to a Democrat about what the term “Defund the Police” means and you will get five different answers. And thats intentional. The more ambiguous the messaging the better because when people have no idea what they’re actually voting for the easier it is for politicians to take the most radical position when they get power and authority.

Defund the Police will eventually lead to the total Abolishing of the Police if people don’t take a stand against it right now.

This is the worst post ever.

Yeah I know it’s wrong but it’s ok because “politics”.

Microcosm of why nothing works in this country anymore.

Gold
    Load Metric

If you claim to be on the right and you defend the phrase “defund the police” in any way you’re part of the problem.

You shouldn’t be ceding any ground to the left on anything. A winning message for Republicans right now is to increase funding to the police in the face of rising violent crime across the country. That’s what people want to hear.

Two months ago no one was taking about defunding the police yet they’ve gotten Republicans and everyone on the right arguing about “shades” of the phrase Defund the Police. They just keep pushing you more to the left little by little until you don’t even resemble a conservative anymore.

The Democrats have done this on every important issue yet conservatives keep falling for it. They’ve done it on abortion, LGBT, criminal justice reform, immigration, you name it. And look where it’s gotten us. And it will never stop. That’s the nature of leftism, it is never enough and it will destroy the country.

Talk to a Democrat about what the term “Defund the Police” means and you will get five different answers. And thats intentional. The more ambiguous the messaging the better because when people have no idea what they’re actually voting for the easier it is for politicians to take the most radical position when they get power and authority.

Defund the Police will eventually lead to the total Abolishing of the Police if people don’t take a stand against it right now.

Because “politics”? Really?

So because you don’t want to seem to be “political” just roll over and let the left do whatever they want. Is that the idea? Well, at least you can claim to have “not played politics” when you get carjacked or home invaded and no one can come to help you.

Progressive Democrats want to dismantle many necessary societal institutions like Police Departments and the only apparatus that people on the Right have to fight back is the Republican Party so yeah, at the most basic level it has to be political if we have a shot.

The left is playing for keeps and they are winning. Want proof? Look at my post above at what’s happening in Seattle. If you don’t fight back conservatives deserve everything that is coming to them. Wake up.
    Last edited by BiffCo99; 08-01-2020 at 08:02 AM.

So because you don’t want to seem to be “political” just roll over and let the left do whatever they want. Is that the idea? Well, at least you can claim to have “not played politics” when you get carjacked or home invaded and no one can come to help you.

Progressive Democrats want to dismantle many necessary societal institutions like Police Departments and the only institution that people on the Right have to fight back is the Republican Party so yeah, at the most basic level it has to be political if we have a shot.

The left is playing for keeps and they are winning. Want proof? Look at my post above at what’s happening in Seattle. If you don’t fight back conservatives deserve everything that is coming to them. Wake up.

What is coming to you exactly?

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardBrodiesCombover. View Post

Progressive Democrats want to dismantle many necessary societal institutions like Police Departments and the only institution that people on the Right have to fight back is the Republican Party so yeah, at the most basic level it has to be political if we have a shot.

The break down of law and order and the total decay and destruction of society.

You share the same fear "conservatives" have always had about progression. What have you actually ever stopped tho? Progressive ideas and ideals continue to push through whether you stand your ground or not.

This idea that things have to stay the same or our country is doomed is completely ridiculous. America will continue to evolve and adapt. If you don't want to be apart of that that's OK too. Find that safe place of yours and continue to pretend you're a true American.

Gold
    Load Metric

You share the same fear "conservatives" have always had about progression. What have you actually ever stopped tho? Progressive ideas and ideals continue to push through whether you stand your ground or not.

This idea that things have to stay the same or our country is doomed is completely ridiculous. America will continue to evolve and adapt. If you don't want to be apart of that that's OK too. Find that safe place of yours and continue to pretend you're a true American.

Evolving and adapting is abolishing police departments? So you agree with the direction Seattle is going?

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Evolving and adapting is abolishing police departments? So you agree with the direction Seattle is going?
    Look brain dead, the police are civil servants paid by you and me. When they overstep their bounds there should be no discussion. No sane person wants to cripple an important institution like the police but they are not untouchable

Gold
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by limitles View Post

Look brain dead, the police are civil servants paid by you and me. When they overstep their bounds there should be no discussion. No sane person wants to cripple an important institution like the police but they are not untouchable
    Look at the post I made earlier about Seattle. They are planning full abolishment of the police department.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Look at the post I made earlier about Seattle. They are planning full abolishment of the police department.
    Oh a post you made. Are you connected with the big foot foundation or anything to do with anything?

If you believe the majority of good Seattleites are on board with no police force you need medication

Just know that when you make such claims you immediately take yourself out of any other meaningful discussions
    Last edited by limitles; 08-01-2020 at 04:02 PM.

The sky isn't falling....

Load Metric

Progressive Democrats want to dismantle many necessary societal institutions like Police Departments and the only apparatus that people on the Right have to fight back is the Republican Party so yeah, at the most basic level it has to be political if we have a shot.

Lies

You really believe people want to get rid of the police? Do you honestly believe this?

Platinum
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by big dick View Post

Lies

You really believe people want to get rid of the police? Do you honestly believe this?
    https://nypost.com/2020/07/31/seattl...with-new-bill/

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmarefish View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by big dick View Post
    Lies

https://nypost.com/2020/07/31/seattl...with-new-bill/
    First of all you are directing attention to the N.Y. Post.
    I don't know a lot about them I think they are in line
    wth U.K. trash tabloids.

Let's give them their due take this at face value.

Here's what the article said

""
    It wasn’t immediately clear when the bill would go to vote—but the majority of city council members said earlier this month that they agree with a plan to defund the city’s police department."

So we don't know who put the bill forward and what it said exactly but defunding could mean many things.
    It does not mean a community wants to rid itself of
    a very important arm of the law

Even if some flake proposed this it would require a city/state wide decision where in the nut bag council would face removal

Comments

FRANKRIZZO: truth, nypost same a uk trash taboloids

Platinum
    Load Metric
    wth U.K. trash tabloids.

""
    It wasn’t immediately clear when the bill would go to vote—but the majority of city council members said earlier this month that they agree with a plan to defund the city’s police department."

So we don't know who put the bill forward and what it said exactly but defunding could mean many things.

Even if some flake proposed this it would require a city/state wide decision where in the nut bag council would face removal

So that’s the inbred Canadian take on it? Cool cool. I much respected POV as always.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

wth U.K. trash tabloids.

""

So that’s the inbred Canadian take on it? Cool cool. I much respected POV as always.
    No that's an educated take on it because it deals with facts. You didn't resort to calling me a drunk so you're getting better, but not so much with your cognitive skills

Was it you who posted the UFO thread? hmmmm
    If you went to any post secondary school you should definitely ask
    for your money back

ohhhh burn
    Last edited by limitles; 08-01-2020 at 08:17 PM.

Platinum
    Load Metric

No that's an educated take on it because it deals with facts. You didn't resort to calling me a drunk so you're getting better, but not so much with your cognitive skills

Was it you who posted the UFO thread? hmmmm
    If went to any post secondary school I would definitely ask
    for my money back

ohhhh burn
    Canadian educations are like big tits on fat girls, they don’t count.

Load Metric
    nothing worse than when a broads belly sticks out farther than her tits

Load Metric
    Yeah. The police in urban areas in America are totally upstanding defenders of our constitution rights...

Comments

Zap_the_Fractions_Giraffe: wow racist against mexicans much?
    I actually hope this [second impeachment] succeeds, because I want Trump put down politically like a sick, 14-year-old dog. ... I don't want him complicating the 2024 primary season. I just want him done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Were Republicans cowardly or unethical not to go along with [convicting Trump in the second impeachment Senate trial]? No. The smart move was to reject it.

Load Metric

Mind your pigeons Biff. I never once said it’s time to get rid of the police. I said it’s time to take armored vehicles away from Sgt Doughnut in suburbia. Your response was “nah becuase Democrats win” which is a fucking horrible take. I stand by that 100%.

Gold
    Load Metric

Mind your pigeons Biff. I never once said it’s time to get rid of the police. I said it’s time to take armored vehicles away from Sgt Doughnut in suburbia. Your response was “nah becuase Democrats win” which is a fucking horrible take. I stand by that 100%.
    My main point was, and maybe I was not clear, is that now is not the time for the Right to get behind defunding the police in any way.

Before late May I could agree that demilitarization of police would be a fine idea, but is now the time to do that after the US just had it’s worst nationwide riots in its history?

The country was in 100% agreement that the George Floyd death was wrongly handled by police. I would have been behind police reform and demilitarization but for me that came off the table once the violence and chaos ensued and Dems encouraged it and did nothing to stop it.
    Last edited by BiffCo99; 08-03-2020 at 11:43 AM.

Thread Information