Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Situation involving stockamets - the resolution

Bronze
    Load Metric

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Krypt View Post
    Druff, would you concede that this site has fomented its fair share of hate speech directed towards blacks and minorities vis a vis incessant n-bombs and other racial epithets? Consequently, the very kind of speech you champion is muzzling many prospective posters who are either members of minority groups or just simply detest racist hate speech.

By not censoring even in a minimalist fashion, you have tacitly laid the foundation for an alt-right poker site. Now, I don’t personally think the majority of this site’s posters are deplorable racists, but I can easily see why an outsider would get that impression. Why would they bother posting in a hostile environment? This is the reason why the vast majority of free speech sites on the internet are dominated by white supremacists.

This is your site and I won’t tell you how to run it (not that you would actually listen), but this is one of the many reasons why this site has failed to grow. Again, I enjoy these forums for what they are, but let’s not pretend to stand on the illusory moral high ground of free speech with absolutely no limitations.
    such a good post people
    I agree, good post.
    I first checked out the forums because I listen to the poker podcast. The forums contain some interesting discussions and I am tempted to participate, but the threads are so full of idiotic nonsense that I don't bother. Really, so much of this shit I gave up after 7th grade.
    I know moderating this forum would be a thankless task but letting stupid posts like "you should go kill yourself" stand Just discourages real discussion. But I really have no dog in this fight. For some not very bright people I suppose this is the only place they will ever feel like they are being clever. I just feel bad for Druff because he puts so much time and effort into this product. And to be clear: I disagree with a LOT of what he says, but at least he is articulate and USUALLY has some kind of rationale for his stance
    I wish there was more poker content here. I just returned from a trip to Reno and thought about doing a trtip report, but I get the feeling no one cares.

Comments

MumblesBadly: Please post your Reno trip report!

sonatine: id kill a stranger for that trip report

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilbodoggins View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post

such a good post people
    I agree, good post.
    I first checked out the forums because I listen to the poker podcast. The forums contain some interesting discussions and I am tempted to participate, but the threads are so full of idiotic nonsense that I don't bother. Really, so much of this shit I gave up after 7th grade.
    I know moderating this forum would be a thankless task but letting stupid posts like "you should go kill yourself" stand Just discourages real discussion. But I really have no dog in this fight. For some not very bright people I suppose this is the only place they will ever feel like they are being clever. I just feel bad for Druff because he puts so much time and effort into this product. And to be clear: I disagree with a LOT of what he says, but at least he is articulate and USUALLY has some kind of rationale for his stance
    I wish there was more poker content here. I just returned from a trip to Reno and thought about doing a trtip report, but I get the feeling no one cares.
    People always like the trip reports, actually. They get a lot of green rep and appreciation. I would like to see it.

If you want to post poker stuff, do it in the Poker Community Discussion forum. I don't allow trolling there.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by SrslySirius View Post
    My friends in corporate settings that are forced to use Teams tell me nothing but bad things about it.

Skype is horrible these days too. Microsoft really shit the bed here, they could have easily dominated this market.
    Microsoft ruins every product they buy.

Skype is actually worse than it was in 2008, which is really sad.

They kind of realized they screwed it up, and thought that the one silver lining would be that it would allow Teams to take over, but instead Zoom has eaten their lunch.

Well deserved.

Comments

Sanlmar: Kernel of truth.

Thread Information