Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Situation involving stockamets - the resolution

Blog Entries
    Load Metric

Situation involving stockamets - the resolution

We just had a 3-hour Zoom call. Pahticipants were: Myself, SrslySirius, Drexel, sonatine, PLOL, and some weird almost naked muscular dancing guy behind sonatine for some reason.

The purpose of the call was to come to terms and restore good faith again. I didn't have a problem with any of these guys until recently, and I was hoping that we could both solve the current issue and repair any damage that had been done to how we felt about each other personally. I didn't expect to ever be in a feud with anyone involved here, and the events which transpired were highly disappointing to me for that reason most of all.

Therefore, we came to various agreements about how things with the two sites would be going forward, and I am satisfied with the conclusions we reached. I'm not going to outline them here, because that's between all of us.

I will say the following regarding how i will be treating sonatine's stockamets going forward:

- Links will be allowed here again, effective immediately.

- I am going to undelete the radio show post made by SrslySirius, and will let them make future posts about the show going forward.

- They have agreed to treat PFA respectfully, not to spam, and not to try and direct the site as a PFA replacement, because that's not what sonatine even wants it to be.

- I will allow mention/linking of stockamets when there's a purpose to do so, but not for gratuitous spamming'promotion. This goes for all users, not just the guys I mentioned. For example, linking a relevant thread on stockaments is fine. sonatine putting the URL in his signature is fine. Gratuitous advertising or trying to link it with an unfavorable comparison to PFA isn't fine. So, for example, if I see things like, "John Smith who left PFA is now posting at stockamets", I'm not allowing that (from anyone).

I feel this is a fair compromise.

sonatine has been a longtime great poster on PFA, and I will state that despite the fact that we rarely agree on things. I hope he continues to post here.

I sincerely hope that we can put this ugliness behind us, and operate both sites in a cooperative rather than competitive fashion. That is my intention.

Finally, I want to state something regarding my politics and how they affect PFA. No doubt you have seen by now that I'm a political conservative. I always have been, and I always will be. I express my views on this site in a sincere manner, and I try to explain where I'm coming from. I do this as a user here, and not as an owner.

This is not an alt-right site, and never will be an alt-right site. I'm not even alt-right myself. The alt-right would hate me, being a proud Jew. Free speech has always been important to me, which is why I welcome all political content, from the left, right, and center. My personal political views do not define what the site is about. The site is about free speech and free expression of ideas. I hate echo chambers, and I would never want the left wingers here to leave and deprive PFA of healthy debate of these issues.

I just wanted to get that out.

That is all.

So let it be written, so let it be done.

Comments

1marley1: Thanks Druff

sonatine:

Drexel: ~

PLOL: thanks for the call

Sheesfaced:

GambleBotsChafedPenis: Proud Jew Rep

WillieMcFML: good to hear

IamGreek: Reasonable

MumblesBadly: Fair as expected from you. Glad to hear.

gimmick:

tony bagadonuts:

Platinum
    Load Metric
    So, did Zod get the $1300 back?
    When faced with a difficult decision, ask yourself "What would Micon do?", then do the opposite.

PFA Rookie of the Year Awards
    2012: The Templar (unknown)
    2013: Jasep $5000+
    2015: Micon's gofundme legal defense $3k begging for 100k:
    2018: 4Dragons
    2019: Dutch Boyd: Mike Postle
    2020: Covid19
    2021: SMIFlorida and some sort of shit coins for $50k
    2022: BDubs leaks chums club info
    2023: 22nd Feb 4th Dec Youtube channels removed
    2024: Dustin Morgan wins Chrissy's $1000 contest

Gold
    Load Metric
    Lol at a 3 hour zoom call to reach these conclusions

Load Metric
    Whose subscription was it on because you know damn sure Druff ain't paying for that shit

Comments

Sheesfaced: lol

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    Whose subscription was it on because you know damn sure Druff ain't paying for that shit
    You have to pay? I don't use Zoom much, but I didn't realize it requires a subscription to start a conference.

But you're right, I joined someone's conference (I think Brandon's). And you're also right, I ain't paying for that shit.

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by zealanddonk View Post
    So, did Zod get the $1300 back?
    He didn't.

Dell wouldn't give it to him. They were assholes. I felt bad for him.

Doing your own radio show requires Stereo Mix. He can tell you more, but he was told in advance that the computer had stereo mix, and then it didn't, and there was no way to enable it. They wouldn't take it back.

Brandon said in his post that it was some requirement I had for the way I do radio, but that's not true. It's impossible to run an audio radio show and take calls without stereo mix, unless you're doing it over some third-party platform like Blogtakradio (which sucks balls, by the way).

This was also going on at the same time I had my major psychological issues in August/September/October 2018, so I could only be of limited help as it was going on.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    You have to pay? I don't use Zoom much, but I didn't realize it requires a subscription to start a conference.

But you're right, I joined someone's conference (I think Brandon's). And you're also right, I ain't paying for that shit.
    You are not going to get charged by Zoom since it is a subscription based service and not like the old long distance per minute deal. Someone has a connection to Zoom and is using a friends and family type Covid deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by RealTalk View Post
    Lol at the amount of effort that druff's friends have to exert trying to do an internet podcast without offending him.

Platinum
    Load Metric

Zoom is free for 30 minutes...longer you gotta pay

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Texter View Post

Zoom is free for 30 minutes...longer you gotta pay
    Nope it ends the call.
    Lol at the amount of effort that druff's friends have to exert trying to do an internet podcast without offending him.

Load Metric
    We just had a 3-hour Zoom call.

you guys had a 3 hour call to discuss whether or not links to stockamets will be permitted on this website.

how is that possible

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    it was 5 hrs for venom and 2% of the profit for cross promotion
    Quote Originally Posted by bottomset_69 View Post
    Johnny Manziel will be the 1st pick in the draft. I truly believe not only will Johnny Manziel be rookie of the year, quite possibly he will be MVP as his style will shock defensive coordinators. Manziel may only be 6 feet tall, but he has size 15 feet. And he has HUGE hands. I know some NFL scouts so I know what I am talking about.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by mulva View Post
    Well, first there was the reading of the agenda.....

Comments

dwai: LOL

Crowe Diddly:

1marley1: perfect

Sheesfaced: You forgot the intro music

GambleBotsChafedPenis: GOT HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEM Rep

WillieMcFML: my dad is hilarious

IamGreek: Perfect

gimmick:

tony bagadonuts:

Starbucks Spunk Bucket: Brilliant

Blog Entries
    Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post
    We just had a 3-hour Zoom call.

you guys had a 3 hour call to discuss whether or not links to stockamets will be permitted on this website.

how is that possible
    It was actually about 2 hours of that, and the last hour just mostly bullshitting about random things.

The discussion was about everything related to the situation. I wanted to understand where they were coming from, they wanted to understand where I was coming from, etc.

I didn't just want it where people begrudgingly agreed to things they really were opposed to, and then we'd be going through the same bullshit a month from now when someone gets pissed off again.

It was also about making an attempt to get along personally in the future. That was important to me, as I really didn't want bad blood with any of these guys.

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanlmar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mulva View Post

Well, first there was the reading of the agenda.....
    post of the year

Comments

WillieMcFML: it really was that good

IamGreek: It definitely was

Load Metric
    i need for sonatine or srsly to come in here this instant and explain how the fuck that conversation lasted 3 hours

edit -- i see druff added to this

Load Metric
    SrslySirius paid $20 for a premium version of zoom in which you can conference for an unlimited amount of time.

Load Metric
    for at least a little while longer, I'm just gonna call the new site *REDACTED*

its weird that all this played out the way it did for such a reasonable-sounding outcome, but I enjoyed it, especially since it played out so quickly, there was no time to get sick of it. I commend and thank all involved.

Comments

Sheesfaced:

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by blake View Post
    i need for sonatine or srsly to come in here this instant and explain how the fuck that conversation lasted 3 hours

edit -- i see druff added to this

The first hour was basically the airing of grievances.

The second hour was how we planned on dealing with said grievances.

The last hour was more of a potpourri of topics such as famous Jews and gays in sports, Sonatine’s favorite milk steak recipes, srsly doing tremendous amounts of Ecstasy while producing and recording “Party at the DOJ”

Comments

OSA: i got alot of problems with you people and your going to hear about it

tony bagadonuts: When were the feats of strength?

Load Metric
    Druff, would you concede that this site has fomented its fair share of hate speech directed towards blacks and minorities vis a vis incessant n-bombs and other racial epithets? Consequently, the very kind of speech you champion is muzzling many prospective posters who are either members of minority groups or just simply detest racist hate speech.

By not censoring even in a minimalist fashion, you have tacitly laid the foundation for an alt-right poker site. Now, I don’t personally think the majority of this site’s posters are deplorable racists, but I can easily see why an outsider would get that impression. Why would they bother posting in a hostile environment? This is the reason why the vast majority of free speech sites on the internet are dominated by white supremacists.

This is your site and I won’t tell you how to run it (not that you would actually listen), but this is one of the many reasons why this site has failed to grow. Again, I enjoy these forums for what they are, but let’s not pretend to stand on the illusory moral high ground of free speech with absolutely no limitations.

Comments

blake:

1marley1: :this

sonatine: loudest voices theory etc

Sheesfaced: When you’re right you’re right

MrTickle: 100%

IamGreek: Cogent

splitthis: Hypocrite sand n-word

gimmick:

Crowe Diddly:

Load Metric
    Quote Originally Posted by Krypt View Post
    Druff, would you concede that this site has fomented its fair share of hate speech directed towards blacks and minorities vis a vis incessant n-bombs and other racial epithets? Consequently, the very kind of speech you champion is muzzling many prospective posters who are either members of minority groups or just simply detest racist hate speech.

By not censoring even in a minimalist fashion, you have tacitly laid the foundation for an alt-right poker site. Now, I don’t personally think the majority of this site’s posters are deplorable racists, but I can easily see why an outsider would get that impression. Why would they bother posting in a hostile environment? This is the reason why the vast majority of free speech sites on the internet are dominated by white supremacists.

This is your site and I won’t tell you how to run it (not that you would actually listen), but this is one of the many reasons why this site has failed to grow. Again, I enjoy these forums for what they are, but let’s not pretend to stand on the illusory moral high ground of free speech with absolutely no limitations.
    such a good post people

Thread Information